Windows 10

Just noticed this is an old thread. I usually wait 4-6 years between computer purchases. Technology just changes to fast these days for me keep up with it.

Just read a couple articles that even though Windows XP (2001 release date) has not had Microsoft support since 2014, it's STILL used and loved by millions of individuals and businesses worldwide. Drivers and security are available from reputable sources and the operating system is still going strong. It is one of the best systems that the company ever put out and is why countless users don't want to stop using it.

`

Windows 10 used to be really, really bad! But they seem to have cleaned up their image and their OS a lot.. I am using Win 10 Pro 64bit and its running just fine.

Hey guys;

From a different angle, we bought an Apple computer, a Mac Mini in 2017, the OS is 10.15.7. Just last month after 3 years the computer was running so, so slow. I took it in to my computer shop and they noticed the hard drive was from 2012 yet sold as brand new in 2017 from a nation wide reputable store!!

So, going forward they replaced the hard drive with a solid state. WOW! Now my computer is running so much faster now.

I was disappointed at first and thought, "I don't own an Apple but instead own a Lemon." lol!

lol.

My macbook has been going fine, I've lost count how many years I had it now.
It only played up a few times when I was doing this job that seemed others had dumped on me. I had to say sorry I can't do that job, my computers frozen.

But now I don't do that work anymore, my computer seems to work fine!

I think my mac book somehow is looking out for me and doesn't want me to do any unnecessary extra work that other people with faster, more powerful computers should be doing on theirs!

lol.

My macbook has been going fine, I've lost count how many years I had it now.
It only played up a few times when I was doing this job that seemed others had dumped on me. I had to say sorry I can't do that job, my computers frozen.

But now I don't do that work anymore, my computer seems to work fine!

I think my mac book somehow is looking out for me and doesn't want me to do any unnecessary extra work that other people with faster, more powerful computers should be doing on theirs!
Hey Lanolin;

By chance do you own a MacBook Air? Our former members, a married couple did our media ministry. He is a PC and she a mac expert. She refurbished a Macbook Air and sold it to me which I still own today. It is almost 4 years old and runs great.

Yes its a macbook air. I got secondhand from a neighbour, he sold it to me as he was wanting the money to buy a nikon camera.

I used to have a an hp/dell notebook, that my sister kind of forced on me to buy (she worked for HP). It was ok for a couple of years but I didn't need it after a while. I gave it to a friend but I think she ended up passing it on when it started crashing all the time. I think it was running on windows xp.

the Macbook air is light and practical. My old notebook was actually quite heavy, it also had a dvd/cd player in it. I don't remember it having a touch pad, I had to have a separate mouse with it too, so that added to the bulk.

Computers of the last century were huge. I mean they were big box things, and noisy. Today we have flat screens and the hardware is a lot more compact. I remember floppy disks when they were actually floppy.

I just got an old 2009 IMAC and put Linux Mint on it. Works and runs like a charm. I get chrome, bluejeans app, zoom, etc. Very fast too...way more so than the PC I put Mint on!

Back