Wisdom

We all desire wisdom and we imagine it to be the ability to handle things shrewdly. Which is true in a sense but not altogether.
Proverbs 9:8 Rrprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Vs. 10. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy is understanding.
So wisdom is more the condition of the heart. If our heart is right then out of our mouth will flow the correct utterance and the Lord will see to it that it is His words and it will accomplish more than we know. When it is later reflected on it will probably even amaze the speaker.
How wise/wonderful is that?

Happy 2024, 2404! lol!

Your thread, Wisdom, made me think. During 2023 I had less confrontation with people whether scorner or the wise. Praise God!

Of course I had other setbacks and challenges but have trusted more in the Lord. I have learned that He guards my heart and tongue in every circumstance. Not perfect on my part but a lot of progress made through the years.

God bless you, 2404 and thank you for sharing.

We all desire wisdom and we imagine it to be the ability to handle things shrewdly. Which is true in a sense but not altogether.
Proverbs 9:8 Rrprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Vs. 10. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy is understanding.
So wisdom is more the condition of the heart. If our heart is right then out of our mouth will flow the correct utterance and the Lord will see to it that it is His words and it will accomplish more than we know. When it is later reflected on it will probably even amaze the speaker.
How wise/wonderful is that?
Yeh, It’s funny when you have faith when your doing or saying something at the time and you then start to fall apart in anxiety later.

Like all reason disappears but my mind is fine when I’m actually talking to someone it’s only afterward when it starts to spin and worry I may have been a phoney! It’s worse if someone I care about ignores me afterwards even though I know said person does care.

But like you say, wisdom is more the condition of your heart, and I see that now. And after the anxiety has subsided, I wonder what all the fuss was about lol

Really grateful for your post to remind me thanks

Last edited:
My mouth has always gotten me in more trouble than it's worth. Actually, I think it's not so much my mouth, but I tend to be a bit sarcastic and that is not always taken well. Ok, yup, it is my mouth.

The odd thing is that I tend to be sarcastic in an effort to lessen the impact of what I am trying to say or the options I have at my disposal. In my work environment, I am not required to be friendly or all that understanding. Others in my position, do not take into consideration the person as much as the product.

Comments like this always remind me of my first "boss," Dave Allen. He was so intimidating that if I saw him walking down one hallway, I would cut the corner and go down another hallway. Yet, no one made a more positive impact in my career than he.

Ok, going back to my original point. As an example. I reviewed someone's report last week and made the following remark in my review:

"Please pay closer attention to the details. You mentioned the subject's full name twice and managed to spell it incorrectly both times, and differently each time. You also did the same thing with his fiancé, first and last name."

To me, this is what I call a "shot over, shot out." I mentioned it and I move on, despite the fact that this happens with this person way too frequently. As I read this again, I suspect she will be a bit upset at my remarks, despite the fact that they are 100% accurate.

This is one aspect of my character that I wish I did not have, or that I could see it before I actually say it. At this point in my live, just not sure I can change it.

Rtm

My mouth has always gotten me in more trouble than it's worth. Actually, I think it's not so much my mouth, but I tend to be a bit sarcastic and that is not always taken well. Ok, yup, it is my mouth. The odd thing is that I tend to be sarcastic in an effort to lessen the impact of what I am trying to say or the options I have at my disposal. In my work environment, I am not required to be friendly or all that understanding. Others in my position, do not take into consideration the person as much as the product. Comments like this always remind me of my first "boss," Dave Allen. He was so intimidating that if I saw him walking down one hallway, I would cut the corner and go down another hallway. Yet, no one made a more positive impact in my career than he. Ok, going back to my original point. As an example. I reviewed someone's report last week and made the following remark in my review: "Please pay closer attention to the details. You mentioned the subject's full name twice and managed to spell it incorrectly both times, and differently each time. You also did the same thing with his fiancé, first and last name." To me, this is what I call a "shot over, shot out." I mentioned it and I move on, despite the fact that this happens with this person way too frequently. As I read this again, I suspect she will be a bit upset at my remarks, despite the fact that they are 100% accurate. This is one aspect of my character that I wish I did not have, or that I could see it before I actually say it. At this point in my live, just not sure I can change it.
Rtm

Hey rtm3039;

I'm sure your employee brings value to the job otherwise she would have been passed over during the hiring decision. Could it be she may need to take a semester in Business English?

I found this to be a problem with an employee or later with my Church manager. During the dot.com era my former employer and owner of a business where I managed saw that I was getting impatient with the flaws of one employee.

He could see this and one day we talked in his office. He encouraged me to be patient, be constructive and keep
retraining the employee until they improved. It worked. He also made clear that it was his job to make the final decision if the performance was hindering the company.

I wasn't sarcastic but the workplace and later ministry could see my body language that I struggled with patience and it would come out of my mouth when I expressed myself.
YIKES!

God bless you, brother.

Hey rtm3039;

I'm sure your employee brings value to the job otherwise she would have been passed over during the hiring decision. Could it be she may need to take a semester in Business English?

I found this to be a problem with an employee or later with my Church manager. During the dot.com era my former employer and owner of a business where I managed saw that I was getting impatient with the flaws of one employee.

He could see this and one day we talked in his office. He encouraged me to be patient, be constructive and keep
retraining the employee until they improved. It worked. He also made clear that it was his job to make the final decision if the performance was hindering the company.

I wasn't sarcastic but the workplace and later ministry could see my body language that I struggled with patience and it would come out of my mouth when I expressed myself.
YIKES!

God bless you, brother.
Well, to be honest with you, at the time of her interview she (1) had a pulse, (2) a four-year degree, and (3) had at least two years of investigative experience. She was a unique hire based on a serious need to increase investigative personnel due to a large increase in workload. She was hired with what we call "ESSER" funds, which involves "extra funds" we received from the state due to COVID. The funds run out this coming September, so I have to decide if she is worth going to battle for and convert her position to a "regular" employee.

Her main problem is not her writing skills (which is a problem with almost all of them), but her lack of attention to detail and a general bad attitude. She is the youngest of my investigators and you can tell she feels a bit entitled. I know her well enough to know this is her character, but other people outside the office look at her as her being rude and lacking empathy. A couple of weeks, one of the union reps we work with made a comment, to her, that she should at least acknowledge when someone greets her. Her response was that she does not like "to make eye contact with people." I don't even know what that means.

She is also a bit odd. To "relax," she pulls out a coloring book, crayons, and takes a break by coloring. How odd is that?

Rtm

(1) had a pulse,
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... and still HAHAHAHAHA..... ok done..... NOPE... wait.... HAHAHAHAHA... ok done.

Well.. I do stupid jigsaw puzzles for no apparent reason other than I simply CAN. I agree those who colour for relaxation are an ODD breed. HA.
"Please pay closer attention to the details. You mentioned the subject's full name twice and managed to spell it incorrectly both times, and differently each time. You also did the same thing with his fiancé, first and last name."

To me, this is what I call a "shot over, shot out." I mentioned it and I move on, despite the fact that this happens with this person way too frequently. As I read this again, I suspect she will be a bit upset at my remarks, despite the fact that they are 100% accurate.
This is HONEST feed back... and YEP... it's shot over... shot out... which an employee should be THANKFUL to receive. You are obviously a person who calls it STRAIGHT and doesn't hold a grudge.... BEST kiind of boss to have in my opinion.

Back