Wise Godly words#14

I think this is an interesting quote.

I also think the more successful you are becoming in life, the more you would naturally want to extend it. Maybe it’s not about dying but about overcoming limitations.

Life extension in the trans humanist movement is all about overcoming our limitations that life naturally puts on us by using technology.

I have no problem with this. Who wouldn’t like to live longer if you are enjoying life?
The ethics in Christianity may be debatable, but I see that God gave mankind the dominion over all the earth and everything in it.

Really enjoyed that!

Growing Faith is really like nice and tasty bread 😁
Yes, faith comes from hearing( eating) the word of God, and Jesus said I am the bread that cometh down from heaven! I agree on the Lord's Manna from Heaven is sweet like honey like they said in the wilderness! But like John said, it can be sweet in the mouth, yet bitter in the belly! What does the bitter in the belly part mean I wonder? Any thoughts Here?

I've never gave this much thought. Could the bitter belly mean enduring the hardships of taking up our cross daily after we have been given a nice and warm hug from the Lord! Or being not a hearer only, but being a doer of the word even when it hurts!

I wonder what jobs we will have…

God knows what we would naturally enjoy in Heaven!

I can’t wait to see what’s lined up for us all😇

Our positions in heaven will be based on what we have done after we were saved = REWARDS/CROWNS.

2 Corinthians 5:10, Paul said,----
“We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.”

I am one who believes that these rewards entail special positions in heaven. Those who are faithful in this life will be put in charge and have moral responsibilities in heaven. In the parable of the talents, Jesus commended those who were faithful in Matt. 25:21......
“Well done, good and faithful [servant]. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master”.

The late great Dr. Oliver B. Green once wrote about this and made the example (Now remember, there is NO Garbage in Heaven and every position in heaven is a GREAT one).........that being said-----
"Someone in heaven will be in charge of making the schedule for the garbage trucks to run.
Someone will be driving that truck.
Someone will be on the back of the truck.

I will be overjoyed just to be on the back of one of those trucks!"

Our positions in heaven will be based on what we have done after we were saved = REWARDS/CROWNS.

2 Corinthians 5:10, Paul said,----
“We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.”

I am one who believes that these rewards entail special positions in heaven. Those who are faithful in this life will be put in charge and have moral responsibilities in heaven. In the parable of the talents, Jesus commended those who were faithful in Matt. 25:21......
“Well done, good and faithful [servant]. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master”.

The late great Dr. Oliver B. Green once wrote about this and made the example (Now remember, there is NO Garbage in Heaven and every position in heaven is a GREAT one).........that being said-----
"Someone in heaven will be in charge of making the schedule for the garbage trucks to run.
Someone will be driving that truck.
Someone will be on the back of the truck.

I will be overjoyed just to be on the back of one of those trucks!"
yea, good point.

But There wont be and doctors dentists and hospitals or coroners and undertakers as there will be no pain or death!

No midwives and nurses. Because we wont be reproducing.

I want to ask, what about sexual desire but I suppose that’s out of the windows as we wont be married!

It seems strange to imagine.

yea, good point.

But There wont be and doctors dentists and hospitals or coroners and undertakers as there will be no pain or death!

No midwives and nurses. Because we wont be reproducing.

I want to ask, what about sexual desire but I suppose that’s out of the windows as we wont be married!

It seems strange to imagine.

Well........The Bible does not address the topic of sex in heaven. Without a clear statement in Scripture on the matter, we can’t really say “yes” or “no” about the possibility of sex in heaven.

But.......Matthew 22:30 does say......... “In the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven”.

The fact that there is no marriage in heaven suggests that there is no sex in heaven.

From the fact that there is no marriage in heaven we surmise at least two other things:
1) There will be no procreation in heaven. The number of the redeemed is set, and, with no death, there will be no need to propagate the human race.
2) There will be no sexual intercourse in heaven. The appetites and desires of this world will give way to higher and infinitely more gratifying delights in the world to come.

Back