Without Faith

Dusty

Inactive
Without Faith

Hebrews 11:6 .....And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Notice .... It says without" Faith " you cannot please God . So it did not say with " good works" you offer Him because we cannot earn His favour.

I am thinking of people in the church who are into many ministries and think they are pleasing God because they think they are serving Him .

But beware, cause God looks at the heart and the motive and are they doing it for God or themselves.? We should be doing it because we love God , not because we are trying to get something from Him.

I think this verse is a reminder that God rewards those who diligently seek Him . He rewards those who do works out of the abundance of their heart. We will not receive blessing from God if we think we are doing these things for man and desire "a well done ' from people or the Pastor. For like Jesus says these people will get their reward here but not in heaven .

Hmm. Sure, good works earn us nothing. But really, a living man always has a work to do. And we should rather do good works than evil works. So while we're doing works, let us do good works. They have to do with love. Have you never been the recipient of someone doing good to you? Don't you know how good that feels?

Some people do not know what it's like to have a screwed up life and to have no one who could help you. It can be terrible. But when then someone does good to you, this can mean such a relief.

God tells us many times in the prophets that He hates it when people suffer and nobody helps them. We ARE supposed to be our brother's keeper.

So don't set out on works to earn God's favor. Do good deeds because good works simply are necessary to help those who can't help themselves.

Do Good Works because it is good to do Good Works.

Do good works with joy for the good it does for others.

2 Corinthians 9
7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

I would love it if everyone could feel the joy of loving others.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

2 Corinthians 9
7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

One day whilst away on Mission it was reported to me that there was a large gift anonymously placed in the offering. Across this gift was written "Ha, ha, ha". The giver was obviously very cheerful about giving this gift.

Oh that we could all become "cheerful givers" not only of our money, but of our time, our talents, and our encouragement of one another. I believe the time we have left on earth is so very short. Maranatha. "Therefore encourage each other with these words". 1 Thess. 4:18:israel:

Alll very good answers which brings us to you guys point . That good works will not get us to heaven but having faith in Jesus Christ and by having the joy of the Lord our works follow and we do the works because we love Christ and are called according to His purpose .

Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Hmm. Sure, good works earn us nothing. But really, a living man always has a work to do. And we should rather do good works than evil works. So while we're doing works, let us do good works. They have to do with love. Have you never been the recipient of someone doing good to you? Don't you know how good that feels?

Some people do not know what it's like to have a screwed up life and to have no one who could help you. It can be terrible. But when then someone does good to you, this can mean such a relief.

God tells us many times in the prophets that He hates it when people suffer and nobody helps them. We ARE supposed to be our brother's keeper.

So don't set out on works to earn God's favor. Do good deeds because good works simply are necessary to help those who can't help themselves.

Ephesians 2:9
not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

That is good , " Willing " . But what I want to emphasize is that many people do good works and are not Christians . They also think by their good works they will get into the Kingdom of God . But God does not tell us that . He tells us if we love Him and follow His commandments ( LIke Ricky says ) then our works will be out of love for Jesus and not to get a pat on the back and accolalades from our peers.

Motive is a big factor here.

2 Corinthians 9

Yes ... Adstar that is the right attitude that we as Christians should have . We need to have the love of Jesus in our heart and our heart overflowing with goodness towards others and do it cheerfully ..... even if sometimes we don't feel cheerful.

But joy and love are more than feelings and and are a spiritual fruit that is given to us by Jesus Christ .

So we can sing with the Psalmist .

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

With Faith : '' Now "faith is the substance ( title deed ) of things hoped for ....

Cool ... Yours and my faith is our " Title Deed " to eternal life. Just as a " title deed " is evidence of real estate , so your faith is evidence of our eternal estate in God . Wow isn't that great ? In other words we have real estate in heaven .

2 Corinthians 4: 18......So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Faith is taking God at His Word and asking no questions.
Faith is knowing the " All things work together for good to them that love God
Faith does not believe that all things are good , or that all things work well but faith believes that all things ( good or bad ) work together for good to them that love God .

Suggestion .... in Hebrews 12 : 32 - 40 .... is a place where we need to come often to stay and linger and just soak in so that we may become strong in the Lord. This part was written by faith and in the blood of saints who have gone on before us . The faith of saints inspires us , but ultimately we look to Jesus as our example of faith .

Back