Without Faith

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Without Faith

"But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin."
Romans 14:23

The writer of Hebrews reminds us that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6). Whenever God reveals something, He expects us to believe Him and adjust our lives accordingly. What does this mean? It means we trust Him implicitly for all our needs because He says He will privide (Phil 4:19). It means we approach crises with the assurance that God will bring good from them (Rom. 8:28). It means we overcome anxiety during stressful situations because God instructs us to bring our request to Him (Phil. 4:6). It means that we never worry that we are alone because God said He would never leave us or forsake us (Deut.31:6). It means that, despite what happens in our lives, we will never doubt God's love because He has told us that He loves us with an everlasting love (Jer. 31:3).

At times we try to justify our lack of faith! We know what God has promised, but we doubt that He will make a practical difference in our life. We are filled with anxiety and excuse ourselves by saying: "I am just a worrier!" We become bitter during a crisis and reason that "God could not possibly bring anything good out of this pain!" We appeal for help from everyone around us when we have a need; then we explain: "I know God can provide for my needs, but I think I should do everything I can, just in case." God calls this faithlessness. Faithlessness is sin. "But without faith it is impossible to please Him" (Heb. 11:6).
Henry T. & Richard Blackaby

Godbe4me:amen::jesus-sign:
godbe4me-albums-jesus-saves-picture522-walk-faith.gif

great post. Something to consider. Without faith it is impossible to please God. But what pleases God? Is it our faith? Is it how we act on our faith? Is it the things that we do in service for God and for His people? I would submit what pleases God is obedience, and obedience especially when it goes against what we would rather do. And that is impossible without faith.

Good posts you guys and maybe I can expound a little more as I think , yes we need to have fiath and iobedience but we also need prayer and to worship our Lord in a way that is pleasing to Him . Not just simply by giving of our time or serving Him but fully and completely worshipping in spirit and in truth . I will stop here as I have a thread about worship .

Do not sin against your conscience God-ward. If you believe something is wrong and you do it is sin. For another it may not be a problem. Look for the Holy Spirit's lead and you will please God.
Christians (from the Book of Acts and on) never lack faith. God has given a measure and even the tiniest amount can move any mountain if it is both exercised and placed on the right thing and that being God's Word.

Amen.

It's not our goodness that matters anyways, He's not counting our sins. So when we doubt, we're not doubting ourselves, we're doubting the Lord who died for us. Because He's done everything on our behalf. I know in the past I've thought that I was being humble, but really I just lacked faith in the power of the cross.

At times we try to justify our lack of faith! We know what God has promised, but we doubt that He will make a practical difference in our life. We are filled with anxiety and excuse ourselves by saying: "I am just a worrier!" We become bitter during a crisis and reason that "God could not possibly bring anything good out of this pain!" We appeal for help from everyone around us when we have a need; then we explain: "I know God can provide for my needs, but I think I should do everything I can, just in case." God calls this faithlessness. Faithlessness is sin. "But without faith it is impossible to please Him" (Heb. 11:6).

Sis, i appreciate so very much this post. It is the truth, that without faith, we cannot please HIM, because if we cannot believe, then how much more is He going to be willing to preform?
The LORD saved me by HIS grace and mercy on December 3, 2008. I praise HIM and want HIM to have my complete life. I was in nursing school, tutoring and doing so well, but out of nowhere suddenly i began to get hit with severe panic attacks and thought i was dying, losing my mins and life all at once. But, GOD called me to the alter like HE had done so many times, but this time, I LISTENED THROUGH FAITH! I knew that HE could hold me and take care of me, and I was at my downest point, exactly where HE wants us to be when we come to HIM. O, I praise HIM and thank HIM everyday!

Sis, i appreciate so very much this post. It is the truth, that without faith, we cannot please HIM, because if we cannot believe, then how much more is He going to be willing to preform?
The LORD saved me by HIS grace and mercy on December 3, 2008. I praise HIM and want HIM to have my complete life. I was in nursing school, tutoring and doing so well, but out of nowhere suddenly i began to get hit with severe panic attacks and thought i was dying, losing my mins and life all at once. But, GOD called me to the alter like HE had done so many times, but this time, I LISTENED THROUGH FAITH! I knew that HE could hold me and take care of me, and I was at my downest point, exactly where HE wants us to be when we come to HIM. O, I praise HIM and thank HIM everyday!

Thank you so much for sharing that sis, we all need to hear where God has bought us from. How else will someone else believe that God can get them out of their trial if we don't share how God bought us out of ours? God can and will deliver us if we believe and have faith. We then must share that with others.

Thanks again,
Godbe4me

"It is not our great faith in God but our faith in a great God"- Mother Teresa

God is willing and able, it is about looking at Him and having more confidence in Him than in our problems. The more we look at ourselves the more we will see weakness- the more we look at Him the more our faith will soar.
King David had a lesson to teach us all as God called him a man after His own heart. Tried beyond measure he began to slip into depression and refused to be comforted but then something happened; David began to remember how faithful God had been in the past. He began to remember that his God had delivered him and moved on his behalf; his whole countenance began to change. His faith began to rise and praise took the place of despair. David now had more faith in God than in his problems- God who had given David that faith to begin with responded an David saw miraculous deliverance. This pattern was repeated over and over in David's life until he matured in his trust.
God gave the faith- God drew David's heart- God supplied the power- David simply needed to keep his eyes on his God no matter what the circumstance.

Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

The natural man perceives with his sense, He communicates with his world through sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell.
The spiritual man (born again inner man) communes with God and believes the truth of God's Word over anything his senses tell his mind.:)

The Israelites sent spies to check out the land of God's promise-
Some see giants some see grapes. Let us purpose in our hearts to see the grapes.

Num 13:30 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.
Num 13:31 But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.
Num 13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Only those who simply trusted God and saw the promised fruit would ever enter in.

Wow, Bo, that was great !! I think I have been perceiving things through my natural eyes, not my spiritual eyes. Both your posts made sense to me and were great insight. (no pun intended :p )

The natural man perceives with his sense, He communicates with his world through sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell.
The spiritual man (born again inner man) communes with God and believes the truth of God's Word over anything his senses tell his mind.:)

I totally agree with you my son . In the natural we can be blinded by satan and all his angles but in the spiritual He breaks the chains of blindness so that we can see . Praise His name .

My desire is to thing more in the spiritual as I drw closer to Him . He and He alone is our strength .

I am rememded of the movie " Amazing Grace " where the writer of that song although blinded in the natual and in his last days literally could not see . Wrote the song .... I once was blind but now I see "

He could not see in the natural but his spiritual eyes had been open .

Back