wolves in sheeps clothing

Test them against the word of God, both what they say and what they do! Just remember that all people make mistakes, this does not make them wolves in sheeps clothing. The wolves decieve on purpose!

Look for the fruits of the Holy Spirit!

Jas 3:1 Do not all be teachers, my brothers, because we teachers will be judged more hardly than others.
Jas 3:2 For we all go wrong in a number of things. If a man never makes a slip in his talk, then he is a complete man and able to keep all his body in control.
Jas 3:3 Now if we put bits of iron into horses' mouths so that they may be guided by us, we have complete control of their bodies.
Jas 3:4 And again ships, though they are so great and are moved by violent winds, are turned by a very small guiding-blade, at the impulse of the man who is using it.
Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a small part of the body, but it takes credit for great things. How much wood may be lighted by a very little fire!
Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire; it is the power of evil placed in our bodies, making all the body unclean, putting the wheel of life on fire, and getting its fire from hell.
Jas 3:7 For every sort of beast and bird and every living thing on earth and in the sea has been controlled by man and is under his authority;
Jas 3:8 But the tongue may not be controlled by man; it is an unresting evil, it is full of the poison of death.
Jas 3:9 With it we give praise to our Lord and Father; and with it we put a curse on men who are made in God's image.
Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth comes blessing and cursing. My brothers, it is not right for these things to be so.
Jas 3:11 Does the fountain send from the same outlet sweet and bitter water?
Jas 3:12 Is a fig-tree able to give us olives, my brothers, or do we get figs from a vine, or sweet water from the salt sea?
Jas 3:13 Who has wisdom and good sense among you? let him make his works clear by a life of gentle wisdom.

The Bible says very clearly, that we will know them by their fruit. Wolves, no matter how they try to disguise themselves are still wolves. They were born wolves, and have a wolf's nature. They can pretend to be sheep, but that is only on the surface. True "sheep" will be humble, and obedient to Christ at all times in all things. Wolves, can pretend to be, but their agenda will show through the thin disguise by what their actions produce.

The Bible says very clearly, that we will know them by their fruit. Wolves, no matter how they try to disguise themselves are still wolves. They were born wolves, and have a wolf's nature. They can pretend to be sheep, but that is only on the surface. True "sheep" will be humble, and obedient to Christ at all times in all things. Wolves, can pretend to be, but their agenda will show through the thin disguise by what their actions produce.

Bro is right; the agenda may not be clearly visible at first; it is a very good disguise until the actions are seen that prove that there is not a sheep but a wolf amongst us. They appear to be a sheep but show up sooner or later as unrepentant, unforgiving, not "acting like a christian" and try to cause division and strife in the church. Even if the body of Christ assists financially and supports; they can want more and be demanding and unthankful...(see all the red flags???) They may have a "good talk" for a while but not an obvious faithful walk with the Lord and the brethren.
***They will not receive and apply godly counsel and even falsely accused the brethren. I have experienced this first hand; ministered personally; financially; spiritually and the Lord has certainly taught me much about those in "sheep's clothing". They also tend to gravitate toward anointed leadership and ministry in the church.

Matthew 7

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

*** a biblical example of verse 3; despisers of those that are good...
3 John 1

9I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
10Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church. 11Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

1 John 4:1
[ Test the Spirits ] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I don't know if I ever met such a wolf. I think certain popes of the medievals are good examples. Take, for example, that pope who sent that crusade to constantinople, to conquer that christian town to do a favor to the venetians. (I don't mean to bash the catholic church though - I am ecumenical).

I think the kind of wolves Christ means are such people who are willfully hypocritical. Like Kevin says, they deceive on purpose.

Apply discernment. All of us make mistakes, in doctrine too. I'm not long on this forum, but I already disagreed with some of you here about certain doctrines and their proper interpretation. This doesn't make neither them nor me wolves in sheeps clothing.

Hitler is another good example of a wolf. He always flattered us germans, but in truth he hated our country and only wanted to reign over us so that he could pursue his wicked games.

I don't think there are many of them around. Maybe 1 or 2 in a 1000, not more.

I don't know if I ever met such a wolf. I think certain popes of the medievals are good examples. Take, for example, that pope who sent that crusade to constantinople, to conquer that christian town to do a favor to the venetians. (I don't mean to bash the catholic church though - I am ecumenical).

I think the kind of wolves Christ means are such people who are willfully hypocritical. Like Kevin says, they deceive on purpose.

Apply discernment. All of us make mistakes, in doctrine too. I'm not long on this forum, but I already disagreed with some of you here about certain doctrines and their proper interpretation. This doesn't make neither them nor me wolves in sheeps clothing.

Hitler is another good example of a wolf. He always flattered us germans, but in truth he hated our country and only wanted to reign over us so that he could pursue his wicked games.

I don't think there are many of them around. Maybe 1 or 2 in a 1000, not more.

Interesting view! In a good way:)...

I have seen a few wolves. They are slicker than Teflon on Ice. Their leaven is wrapped with many layers of the truth, to suck you in. Their true agenda serves only themselves. Their mean of deceiving via the truth, is really allowing themselves to be deceived; for in all of their deception, some (a few) are lead to Christ via the truth, then leave when the leaven is revealed. Such is consistent with scripture:

2 Timothy 3:13. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

A Charlatan may present false doctrine similar to "A wolf in sheep's clothing or false prophet"; however, a charlatan boasts more from ignorance and proof-texting than a desire for deception.

The Bible is a detector of all three (A Charlatan, A wolf in Sheep's clothing and a false prophet).

Acts 17:11. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Thessalonians 5:21. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

We must subject all things to Scripture/the final authority.

Good day and God Bless

[FONT=&quot]
best way to find them out,any experiences anybody,do they have traits?

[/FONT] It can be very hard at first. The most accomplished wolves are well read in scriptures and know how to act at being meek. But over time their pride shows and they start to reveal doctrines that are more and more of a stretch from the Word of God, eventually they will start bringing forth doctrines in clear rebellion against the Gospel.

What ever we hear from anyone about the Will of God we must compare it against the Word of God. Our trust must be firmly rooted in the Word of God not in any other person who we may think is a "true Christian". So trust in God and have a loving hope for others. But do not make any human your God.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Amen Adstar .... I agree whole heartedly . Once again we can say By their fruits ye shall know them.

Back