Wonderful grace

Wonderful grace

Those of you who know me a little, know how much I LOVE to talk about and study GRACE. There are many scriptures in the NT about the grace of God, abounding in it and so forth but I was reading this morning and this is, possibly and in my opinion one of the best explanations of law vs grace ever given. I am in love!!!:D I am using the amplified translation here because I believe to be the most comprehensive one.

Romans 10: 1-13

1BRETHREN, [with all] my heart's desire and goodwill for [Israel], I long and pray to God that they may be saved. 2I bear them witness that they have a [certain] zeal and enthusiasm for God, but it is not enlightened and according to [correct and vital] knowledge.
3For being ignorant of the righteousness that God ascribes [which makes one acceptable to Him in word, thought, and deed] and seeking to establish a righteousness (a means of salvation) of their own, they did not obey or submit themselves to God's righteousness.
4For Christ is the end of the Law [the limit at which it ceases to be, for the Law leads up to Him Who is the fulfillment of its types, and in Him the purpose which it was designed to accomplish is fulfilled. That is, the purpose of the Law is fulfilled in Him] as the means of righteousness (right relationship to God) for everyone who trusts in and adheres to and relies on Him.
5For Moses writes that the man who [can] practice the righteousness (perfect conformity to God's will) which is based on the Law [with all its intricate demands] shall live by it.(A)
6But the righteousness based on faith [imputed by God and bringing right relationship with Him] says, Do not say in your heart, Who will ascend into Heaven? that is, to bring Christ down;
7Or who will descend into the abyss? that is, to bring Christ up from the dead [as if we could be saved by our own efforts].(B)
8But what does it say? The Word (God's message in Christ) is near you, on your lips and in your heart; that is, the Word (the message, the basis and object) of faith which we preach,(C)
9Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.
11The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.
12[No one] for there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. The same Lord is Lord over all [of us] and He generously bestows His riches upon all who call upon Him [in faith].
13For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord [invoking Him as Lord] will be saved.

Absolutely amazing! Enjoy!

Laura:)

GRACE is one of my favorite topics as well...
the Amazing,
Unlimited,
Matchless Grace of God in Christ Jesus
is an awesome topic to study and receive in our lives...
HALLELUJAH

Ephesians 2:7-9
7 That in the ages to come he might shew
the exceeding riches of his grace
in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me,

My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

AND MY FAVORITE...

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly
unto the throne of grace,
that we may obtain mercy,
and find grace to help in time of need.

:groupray:

Those of you who know me a little, know how much I LOVE to talk about and study GRACE. There are many scriptures in the NT about the grace of God, abounding in it and so forth but I was reading this morning and this is, possibly and in my opinion one of the best explanations of law vs grace ever given. I am in love!!!:D I am using the amplified translation here because I believe to be the most comprehensive one.

Romans 10: 1-13

1BRETHREN, [with all] my heart's desire and goodwill for [Israel], I long and pray to God that they may be saved. 2I bear them witness that they have a [certain] zeal and enthusiasm for God, but it is not enlightened and according to [correct and vital] knowledge.
3For being ignorant of the righteousness that God ascribes [which makes one acceptable to Him in word, thought, and deed] and seeking to establish a righteousness (a means of salvation) of their own, they did not obey or submit themselves to God's righteousness.
4For Christ is the end of the Law [the limit at which it ceases to be, for the Law leads up to Him Who is the fulfillment of its types, and in Him the purpose which it was designed to accomplish is fulfilled. That is, the purpose of the Law is fulfilled in Him] as the means of righteousness (right relationship to God) for everyone who trusts in and adheres to and relies on Him.
5For Moses writes that the man who [can] practice the righteousness (perfect conformity to God's will) which is based on the Law [with all its intricate demands] shall live by it.(A)
6But the righteousness based on faith [imputed by God and bringing right relationship with Him] says, Do not say in your heart, Who will ascend into Heaven? that is, to bring Christ down;
7Or who will descend into the abyss? that is, to bring Christ up from the dead [as if we could be saved by our own efforts].(B)
8But what does it say? The Word (God's message in Christ) is near you, on your lips and in your heart; that is, the Word (the message, the basis and object) of faith which we preach,(C)
9Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.
11The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.
12[No one] for there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. The same Lord is Lord over all [of us] and He generously bestows His riches upon all who call upon Him [in faith].
13For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord [invoking Him as Lord] will be saved.

Absolutely amazing! Enjoy!

Laura:)

So, it sounds from the verse quoted above,
10 "For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation." It sounds like this is what the saints in the Old Testament did, even before Christ, to secure for them a place in Heaven. They trusted in and obeyed, had faith in God so strongly, that they were "O.T. Christians." Does that sound right?

So, it sounds from the verse quoted above,
10 "For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation." It sounds like this is what the saints in the Old Testament did, even before Christ, to secure for them a place in Heaven. They trusted in and obeyed, had faith in God so strongly, that they were "O.T. Christians." Does that sound right?
Yes. The Old Testament Saints believed in God's (future) provision in faith much the same the way the New Testament Saints (us) believe in the finished work of the cross. They were held in a place of safe keeping until Christ was crucified making a way between God and man.

That's why for me the old songs we used to sing about grace flood into my soul . There is one this am as I read this thread ..... Grace , grace, God's grace , grace that's sufficient for all my needs and then of course that wonderful Amazing grace ..... how sweet the sound ... that saved a wretch like me . I once was lost but now am found. Was blind but now I see.

Romans 3:24
and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

2 Corinthians 8:9
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Grace to me is the unmerited love of Jesus Christ to me who does not deserve it .

Daily I bathe my heart in the precious blood and wash myself clean in the mercy and grace of my God.

Act 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

2Th 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Wonderful grace that gives what I don't deserve, pays me what Christ has earned, then lets me go free. Wonderful grace that gives me the time to change, washes away the stains that once covered me. And all that I have I lay at the feet of the wonderful saviour who loved me.

Copyright - HarperCollinsRelgious. Contained in Mission Praise No. 966.

The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Matthew 6:13 - And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

There is no temptation or sin in heaven. This prayer does not imply that God wants to tempt us. We know from James 1:13 that it is impossible for God to entice us to sin. Ths kind of praying is important because it requires us to face our need for grace.

It helps us to align our heart with heaven -- one of absolute dependence on God. The phrase "deliver us from evil", as it is traditionally rendered, actually means, "deliver us from the evil one."

A Heart modeled after heaven has great success in spiritual warfare. Jesus was able to say, "satan has nothing in Me." The believer is to be completely free from all satanic influence and attachments. That is the cry voiced in this prayer.

James 4:7 - So be subject to God. Resist the devil (stand firm against him), and he will flee from you.

Albert Finch
Power Studies Spiritual Enlightenment Daily Meditations Dunamis life exercise prayer request manna house Advanced spiritual development Christian power life Jesus Christ Holy Spirit God spiritual growth daily bread full gospel full-gospel discipleshi

Albert I don’t know the answer but I truly wonder if there is no sin or temptation in Heaven. Remember the fallen Angels did sin, where they not in Heaven?

I have always agreed with your position, but the Angels did fall from Heaven due to the sin of disobedience, no. I’m not trying to make a point, I’m just thinking thing over.

I have always agreed with your position, but the Angels did fall from Heaven due to the sin of disobedience, no. I’m not trying to make a point, I’m just thinking thing over.

If I may chellow: This inquiry of yours goes to the very heart of the origin of sin.

The fact there was no sin in Heaven is a truism. When it came in the Angels who embraced it were kicked out. Obviously this points up the fact of free choice initiated by God and installed in all God's creation. Lucifer or "son of the morning" being the first make the choice that put him out and away from the mountain of God. [Isa.14.12]

How could it be that one would desire to do opposite that of God's perfect way which would automatically place him in the position of eternal separation from Him? . . . No forgiveness, appeal or reconciliation possible for reasons that should and can be discussed. So what was it that introduced the "sinful" disposition into the equation? In a word, "Pride". "Pride precedes a disaster, and an arrogant attitude precedes a fall." Proverbs 16:18 (GW)

Is pride, sin? No. If it is centered in God it becomes worship, otherwise it can lead to sin and if sin enters, it brings death. So there it is that there can be a fine line defining it however, "the pure in heart shall see God".

As when death entered Lucifer and there was no way to reverse the condition, so it was with Adam until the cross of Jesus Christ for, without the shedding of sinless human blood, relations could never have been re-reversed. Now it is that we, who are of the new birth and by the blood of Jesus, have not just a means of escaping the penalty of sin but we also have an advocate with the Father who pleads our case before the throne should any relapse occur requiring repentance, the Lord being the discerner of our heart as the condition for granting it.

When pride had its way in bringing Lucifer to sin and because of who Lucifer was, the anointed cherub that covers, sin took on a personality, became something that can be touched.

Man forfeited his relationship with God when pride had advanced to a sinful condition and the "personality" of it entered him. Sin is now to be seen as a powerful relationship that must needs be broken by a power greater than what is no longer of man, i.e., a Perfected Love and Allegiance to God embodied in mortal flesh. Enter Jesus the Human Conqueror and who as man, now Glorified, will one day come again in clouds of glory as, Everlasting Father, Prince of peace!

I hope that sheds some light upon the subject and reveals a little wonderment of it all. . . . :)

The fact there was no sin in Heaven is a truism. When it came in the Angels who embraced it were kicked out. Obviously this points up the fact of free choice initiated by God and installed in all God's creation.

Can it better be stated that no sinner will remain and that it is possible to sin in Heaven, because of your admission the fallen Angles where kicked out of Haven because of some disobedience to God.

My question then would be, can we fall from Grace in Heaven and be separated from God. :confused:

Can it better be stated that no sinner will remain and that it is possible to sin in Heaven, because of your admission the fallen Angles where kicked out of Haven because of some disobedience to God.

I don't believe it necessarilly to be a matter of disobedience with the fallen Angels but their willful embracing of another way antagonistic to God, without repentance. They simply embraced the way of Satan.

My question then would be, can we fall from Grace in Heaven and be separated from God. :confused:
No. We will have prepared for us something greater than Lucifer could evertain in his wildest dreams, centered in his pride.

Joint-heir-ship with Jesus means we, who overcome in this life as He did, will share in the same Divine existence with Him. Sin will never again be an issue that we will have to deal with. Pride that brings on sin, can never again gain a foothold into us that we could ever possibly think ourselves to be greater than Christ Jesus. It will be called being in complete union with the Everlasting Father, the Mighty God, the Prince of Peace!

I don't believe it necessarilly to be a matter of disobedience with the fallen Angels but their willful embracing of another way antagonistic to God, without repentance. They simply embraced the way of Satan.

No. We will have prepared for us something greater than Lucifer could evertain in his wildest dreams, centered in his pride.

Joint-heir-ship with Jesus means we, who overcome in this life as He did, will share in the same Divine existence with Him. Sin will never again be an issue that we will have to deal with. Pride that brings on sin, can never again gain a foothold into us that we could ever possibly think ourselves to be greater than Christ Jesus. It will be called being in complete union with the Everlasting Father, the Mighty God, the Prince of Peace!

Thanks for your respond.

Act 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

That verse could be righyly read as saying: "And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the salvation of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Review Eph.2.8 in that light.

Romans 8:33 -- "Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies."
Mark 15:3 -- "And the chief priest accused Him of many things, but He answered nothing."

W
When we refuse to defend ourselves we are hidden
under the hand of God's grace and judgment. There is no safer place.

1 Peter 2:23 -- "He (Jesus) did not retaliate when He was insulted. When He suffered, He did not threaten to get even. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly."

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Amen x 10!

Back