I hope my words and thoughts please you. LORD,
you are my Rock, the one who saves me.”
Psalm 19:14

Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

[Irene Kaisal]

Hello Bob;

This morning I was looking for this Thought for Today since early last month (August) and after combing through all your posts finally found "Words and Thoughts". lol! 😎

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." Bob, didn't Eleanor Roosevelt also quote this? I didn't find Irene Kaisal. Is she a writer?

In ministry I listen to all sorts of ideas, events and discussing people with others, and have to admit I'm in the mix of these conversations. Not to say I condone gossip, shun events that I'm not familiar with or listening to new ideas. But I attempt to share what David asked God in Psalm 19:14, He always sought what God says first before he speaks and does each day, then in my own words, share the same teaching in our daily prayers and walk with the Lord.

Psalm 19:14 is pleasing to God, but I feel its a teaching that can challenge us day to day as all Scriptures should. This Psalm gives us an opportunity to be better for Christ as He grows us.

God bless you, brother Bob and your family.

It is very possible that Eleanor Roosevelt was the first to make that statement.
The great majority of the quotes I use come from people I do not know.
In this case, I am giving credit to Irene Kaisal with whom I was in a bible study with years ago.

I hope my words and thoughts please you. LORD,
you are my Rock, the one who saves me.”
Psalm 19:14
This psalm goes with what Jesus said about building the house on the rock. I suppose building on the rock is the teaching of Jesus, building on the sand is seeking material blessings from God. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be blessed but true blessing comes through the teaching of Christ.

Back