Words.....how important are they in your every day life ?

Hello Every One,
I wanted to try something here and see how others view this topic.
I would enjoy it very much if you would reply with the following in mind.
1... Are your words really important in every situation of your day ?
2...Explain a little why you feel the way you do about words.

Thank You for all your rerplies.
Have a wonderful and blessed day
Jim

I, myself, am very particular with what 'words' I use. Words can carry power. They brought everything into existence.

Not to get too far off topic, but I have been looking into how words are abused in 'man' made law. Attorneys take words and spin them into 'terms'; where they fabricate definitions, sometimes multiple definitions. These terms when used trick people because they take the word/term to mean the general sense of the word.

They also use these terms when writing 'man' made law; they write it so confusing that regular people can't understand it. With all the multiple definitions they twist and spin 'man' made law into anything they want to apply how they want.

Example: The word/term 'appear'; as in 'summons to appear' in court -
appear
APPE'AR, v.i. [L. appareo, of ad and pareo, to appear, or be manifest.]
1. To come or be in sight; to be in view; to be visible.
The leprosy appeareth in the skin of the flesh. Lev. 13.
And God said, Let the dry land appear. Gen. 1.
2. To become visible to the eye, as a spirit, or to the apprehension of the mind; a sense frequent in scripture.
The Lord appeared to Abram, and said. Gen 12.
The angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of the bush. Ex. 3.
3. To stand in presence of, as parties or advocates before a court, or as persons to be tried. The defendant, being called, did not appear.
We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ. 2Cor. 5.
4. To be obvious; to be known, as a subject of observation or comprehension.
Let thy work appear to thy servant. Ps. 90.
It doth not yet appear what we shall be. 1John 3.

5. To be clear or made clear by evidence; as, this fact appears by ancient records.
But sin that it might appear sin. Rom 7.
6. To seem, in opposition to reality.
They disfigure their faces, that they may appear to men to fast. Mat. 6.
7. To be discovered, or laid open.
That they shame may appear. Jer. 13.

In legal dictionaries, definitions for one simple word can be pages long, and there are several editions of these dictionaries where the definitions can change. It's scary! It's likened unto witch craft IMO.

To me, man made law/legalese/language is designed to suppress people into tyranny, and to distract from true law that can only come from above, God Almighty.

Words expose what is in a mans heart
Words are powerful they can embrace life or be used as weapon to destroy life
The can elicit praise in people hearts or stir anger and contempt for one another
They can lift up or condemn
Bottom line is:
Words can be used to edify and glorify God or they can be used to feed the darkness of the world

My avatar to the left. Words are very important in how you use them. The old phrase " sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" Ummmmm hehe I believe I will take the beating. I'll survive that, But a demeaning or hurtful word can ruin a life. As long as I'm focused on Jesus my words are comforting and truthful. If I'm out of focus on Jesus then so is everything else. That's my 2 chili's.

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I would say "words" are fairly important! :)

Greetings:
Very little.
I've huffed and I've puffed,nothing moves.After watching the household cats,I've noticed from them that
there's nothing to get excited about.So if I'm upset,I don't do the pails.After the,hey-what's that smell,I get attention.
bye

Hello Every one,

I wanted to thank every one who has already posted a reply on this thread I have started.

I have had this idea of doing something like this for some time now and it just not in the right time or place. So I felt lead to start it now so I did. However it seems that I am getting further instructions on how I am to conduct this thread so I will explain in the direction I am going with it at this time.

I am going be preparing many sections to this and each time I do I will PM each person who has replied to let them know a new section or piece has been added. I have a list of area's that I will cover in this thread and go into some what of an in depth study of the power of words.

I believe when it is all said and done, every one of us including myself will find we are on a higher level of understanding of the power of words according to the written word of God.

This new revelation into the power of words will in fact give us the knowledge and wisdom and authority to change our life and the direction it is going. Another words to be living a much more victorious life then ever before.

Here is a list of area's that I believe we will cover.

1. The living word

2. The integrity of God's word

3. His words prevail on the lips of believers

4. The reality of the integrity of God's word (the word is God speaking to you)

5. The Gospel or power of God is committed to ones trust

6. God's Greatest blessing to man

7. The sower sows the word. ( one of my favorites ) Love Mark 4 ;)

8. The miracle action of the word

9. The prevailing word

10 The anointed word

11 The establishing witness

12 The controlling factor

13 Acting on the word

14 The prosperity of the word

15 The word is light

16 Reality of sanctification by the word

17 See that you be not troubled

18 The word ruled mind

19 Rooted in the word

20 The last word

Each section will have it's own foundation scriptures and full list of scriptures written out as they are used. I hope you will stay with me as I go through this and may all of our Hearts and minds be enriched by the integrity of God's written word.

Thank You
Jim

Hello Every one,

I wanted to thank every one who has already posted a reply on this thread I have started.

I have had this idea of doing something like this for some time now and it just not in the right time or place. So I felt lead to start it now so I did. However it seems that I am getting further instructions on how I am to conduct this thread so I will explain in the direction I am going with it at this time.

I am going be preparing many sections to this and each time I do I will PM each person who has replied to let them know a new section or piece has been added. I have a list of area's that I will cover in this thread and go into some what of an in depth study of the power of words.

I believe when it is all said and done, every one of us including myself will find we are on a higher level of understanding of the power of words according to the written word of God.

This new revelation into the power of words will in fact give us the knowledge and wisdom and authority to change our life and the direction it is going. Another words to be living a much more victorious life then ever before.

Here is a list of area's that I believe we will cover.

1. The living word

2. The integrity of God's word

3. His words prevail on the lips of believers

4. The reality of the integrity of God's word (the word is God speaking to you)

5. The Gospel or power of God is committed to ones trust

6. God's Greatest blessing to man

7. The sower sows the word. ( one of my favorites ) Love Mark 4 ;)

8. The miracle action of the word

9. The prevailing word

10 The anointed word

11 The establishing witness

12 The controlling factor

13 Acting on the word

14 The prosperity of the word

15 The word is light

16 Reality of sanctification by the word

17 See that you be not troubled

18 The word ruled mind

19 Rooted in the word

20 The last word

Each section will have it's own foundation scriptures and full list of scriptures written out as they are used. I hope you will stay with me as I go through this and may all of our Hearts and minds be enriched by the integrity of God's written word.

Thank You
Jim
I'm looking forward to it... I wrote this some time ago which i think you'll find relevant.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/greetings.36900/#post-304220

In terms of how I speak and write, yes they are important. Only in the sense that I value a strong command of the English language and prefer to execute it properly.

I apologize for not getting this going any faster then I have. I had a different direction in mind when I started this but felt I should go a different direction with this and that is when I posted in which way I would take this a few post up. Any way I am going to get back at it and I really believe I will have it going by wednesday night.
Again I apologise for getting off to a very slow start.
Have a wonderful and blessed day
Jim

Hello Every One,
1... Are your words really important in every situation of your day ?
2...Explain a little why you feel the way you do about words.
Jim

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

This is what I practice for everyday - I have it printed out and taped up on my kitchen wall for meditation and prayer.

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. Proverbs 25: 11
All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. Proverbs 8: 8
The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them. Proverbs 12: 6
There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health. Proverbs 12: 18
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15: 1
A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it! Proverbs 15: 23

I'm with @dUmPsTeR. Words represent power - without words we are reduced to nothing.
I delight in starting my day with very strong, careful words. Jesus doesn't care how we phrase things, its our attitude in our heart that counts.

Amen! The power of words!

Proverbs 15:4 "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit."

The word "wholesome" is מַרפֵּא which literally means "healing" or "cure". Remove the mem (מ) (meaning "from" or "of") and you get רפֵּא which means "to cure" or "to heal" or "to make whole" or "restore". This is the meaning of the name Raphael (רָפֵּאל) "God Heals" (רָפֵּא אל)

Mem's (מ) pictograph is waters. So one could say Proverbs 15:4a can read: "a healing tongue, by the flowing waters from the Holy Spirit, is a tree of life".

Proverbs 18:21, John 7:38, Proverbs 14:30, Philippians 4:6.

When reading the word of God might I suggest that you take the time to look up the names of those involved in the story being presented even to the order in which they're presented. Here's an example:

Matthew 17:1-2 (KJV)
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.​

Note: James is actually "Jacob" - so goes the King James bible...

Peter - rock, stone
Jacob - replace, supplanter
John - Grace of God

On the Mount of Transfiguration, Jesus took the Stone (Law) and Replaced it with Grace and Jesus brought the Law (Moses) and the Prophets (Elijah) as a testimony to the new covenant, Jer 31:31.

John 1:17 (KJV)
For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.​

The power of the Word! :D

Jesus is the Word made flesh.
His Words are precious in the Bible.
we should all be rightly dividing the Word of God.

Kind words are always needed, and the spirit gives us utterance. words of wisdom and knowledge come from above.
God spoke the Word and it was done. His Word is a double edged sword, living and active..dividing asunder even the bones and sinews of the soul and spirit, able to expose all the intents and purposes of our hearts. we are naked before Him. ( a paraphrase of Hebrews)

I read the KJV cos it sounds so beautiful and glorious and when I read that Gods word rolls off my tongue (in english) and is able to do things..it never comes back empty.

I am very careful with my words I speak cos the power of death and life is in the tongue. words can cut to the heart, wrongly used they are extremely damaging. Jesus cursed the fig tree and it died..this is what happens if you have the power and mean what you say..say what you mean. dont lie and pretend and say you just joking.

Great thread, Jim!
A person can have all the right words to say and even say them eloquently, but if the heart is in the wrong place, it might not come off as intended. Renewing our minds daily, decreasing ourselves and increasing Him in us, helps when we are speaking to others. They can see Christ in us as the words flow from our mouths, filled with love and peace, this is the reassuring part of when we say things to other people, no matter if they are believers or non-believers. I can sit and listen to someone all day if they are filled with the love of the Lord, it is almost magical and it draws a person in to hear more.

On the other hand, if a person lacks Christ and/or a sincere heart, I will turn them off quick and probably won't take to heart what they are saying. Nothing good comes from this kind of exchange.

Well this thread has not even started yet. As I said I felt lead to go in another direction and as I set up the foundation of the thread all sorts of stupid stuff have come up against me. Go figure huh !! But hey at least I still have my check !!

Things are calming down so once again i will get to it, right after grocery shopping tomorrow or actually later today !!
Have a very blessed week !
Jim150b7_d82d.jpg

Back