Words of encouragement in difficult times.

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

Romans 8 :16

I think it's safe to say, that we are ALL going through difficult times at the moment. But, isn't it awesome that we have the Holy Spirit living inside of us to remind us that we are children of God. We cannot predict the future, the future is about God. And it is a simple thing to trust in the work of Christ, who, has basically done most of the work for us.

But, resting in the arms of God can seem impossible when faced with an uncertain future due to Covid, unemployment, sickness and isolation. So, I would like to put forward a couple of scriptures of encouragement.

I am more than a conqueror through Christ Who loves me.

Romans 8:37

Because God is my refuge, the High God my very own home, evil can't get close to me, harm can't get through the door. He ordered his angels to guard me wherever I go.

Psalm 91:9-11

Does anyone else, after studying the Bible, have similar words of encouragement to help others to focus on during these difficult times.

Many Blessings

Annie x

Last edited:
Good thread annie!

I had a terrible day yesterday,
I felt an overwhelming despair and Was completely cut off from God.
I didn’t even care if I died and had no concern for anything it was so terrible I wondered if it was some sort of demonic entity that had come betweeen me and God and I had no scriptural references to fall back on either which made it worse.
I can normally cry out to God no problem when I’m in need of something quickly, but this time It was like I had no cries left...no cries at all. And No Joy

So I have been searching the scriptures to help me in case this kind of thing happens again
I’m at work now but tomorrow I will Look through the scriptures to arm ourselves with and post the ones I find encouraging
Thankyou hun
cx

Last edited:
Ok folks..
This is my favourite thread this year..
I’m going to add phillipians 2:13 to this encouraging thread
Because for us that are struggling to find the desire to Read the bible, or even care about God, or care about anything...
3A760580-3946-434F-B74B-EA872CC7420F.jpeg

Thanks Via for being so honest about your feelings. I've felt very anxious about things lately, and my go-to scripture is:

I cast the whole of my care (all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all) on Him, for He cares for me affectionately and cares about me watchfully.

1 PETER 5:7

It helps me to let go of worry and enjoy the time that I'm in. XXX

There's also the waiting. When will things return to normal. At first I found wearing a face-mask unbearable. But today I realised that I'd gotten used to it, and can breath and go about my daily life. But today in the greengrocers, there was a toddler in a stroller, laughing and beginning to talk. And I realised that all that child could see were masks, not faces, not people smiling or frowning, just masks. So I waved my bunch of carrots around and made the toddler giggle. I hope that things will return to normal, soon.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13.

(and possibly old women with veggies)

Last edited:
yes I see the little children and I wonder what must be going through their little minds when they see half a face🙁
We must be a blessing to them and act out( in a good way, of course!) As carrots, chillis And anything can be used by the Lord effectively lol

The verse “Those who wait on the Lord will rise up like eagles “ have a special place in my heart

Back