Words of Wisdom from the Saints!

Words of Wisdom from the Saints!

May God be with you!

Sanctify yourself and you will sanctify society.

- Saint Francis of Assisi

Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him;
Restless are our hearts until they rest in Thee.
- St. Augustine

Be not afraid to tell Jesus you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk.
- St. Therese of Liseux

Behold the Cross of the Lord! Begone you enemy powers! The Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the root of David, has conquered. Alleluia! -St. Anthony of Padua

My past, O Lord, to Your mercy;
my present, to Your love;
my future to Your providence.
– St. Padre Pio (only Priest to bear the stigmata)

God bless you!

Thanx.... CWM.
Galations_3_28.jpg

Hi CWM- The biblical definition of a saint is one sanctified by the Holy Spirt so that qaulifies you and me if we are born again- all that to say this :
Of all the birds the christian ones are the eaisest and quickest to have it's feathers ruffled- quote me :D

Hi CWM- The biblical definition of a saint is one sanctified by the Holy Spirt so that qaulifies you and me if we are born again- all that to say this :
Of all the birds the christian ones are the eaisest and quickest to have it's feathers ruffled- quote me :D

Dear Boanerges,

May God be with you!

Yes we are called to be saints on earth...that true and I agree with you! However, I am talking about those in Heaven who are Saints. We know they are in Heaven. Miracles have happened.

Before we get into a discussion on how the Catholic Church determines if someone is a Saint in Heaven, let me just say, that the people I quoted were also saints on earth. They led exemplary lives of self sacrifice, deep pray. intense and passionate love for Christ here on earth.

If you'd like, we can leave it at that as well as the wonderful words of wisdom and praise for God that they have left us.

God bless you!

One cannot get into heaven without the sanctifacation of the Holy Spirit- all in heaven are "Saints" and I too enjoy many of the writings of my historical church family, thanks for sharing - blessings- Larry

Hi CWM,
Thanks for your many thought provoking posts.
This thread contains some great words from wonderful people.
Just one bothers me a little and I suspect it is because the use of language has changed since it was written. I refer to the quote:
Be not afraid to tell Jesus you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk.
- St. Therese of Liseux
I do not need to oblige Him to do anything. He does it because He loves me and He chooses to do it.
Just my opinion.
Ray

I like this one:
My past, O Lord, to Your mercy;
my present, to Your love;
my future to Your providence.

Praise the Lord all you saints .We are a chosen people by God who are in a covenant relationship with God through repentance and faith in His son and thus we are regarded as saints. We belong exclusively to Him and are God's chosen and pecular people. Amen and amen. Glory to His Name.

Psalm 16:3
As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight

Psalm 30:4
Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name

Psalm 31:23
Love the LORD, all his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full.

Psalm 34:9
Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing

Psalm 52:9
I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

Back