Work out our Salvation.

Dusty

Inactive
Work out our Salvation.

I was thinking .... Why would Jesus tell us to work out our own salvation ?

Philippians 2:12

Shining as Stars

12 .... Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

When Paul tells us to "workout" our own salvation with fear and trembling, he means that we are to give careful attention to our actions and behaviors, making sure that they represent the One who saved us. Therefore I cannot be accountable for any body else and their actions . I must always be aware of my own and keep them in check. I must run the race to win the mark.

Is He talking about accepting salvation - living the Life - as if Jesus were always around?

If you live like you can get away with certain things...then you haven't accepted.

But if you live like there are no secrets with the Lord, then you have accepted the salvation and are working it out.

:confused:

WW ... I took it that we are saved and He is telling us how to live our Christianity .That"s how I interpret it and that is why I want other's opinions.

I believe he was meaning that we are to strive to not earn our salvation, but to "do Him proud".

I'd like to see the original translation of this one. Does anyone have that?

Walk by faith and not by sight. Work on bringing yourself into submission to His Spirit.

Verse 13
"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

Support you Bro Larry:) ......As the Spirit leads, you follow Him, because God cause you to will and to do. So you work your own salvation by OBEYING the SPIRIT of Love...therefore Walk in Spirit and Walk by Faith as you said:)

Thanks Nathi , my son for that confirmation and of course my son Larry who brings up the good point of walking by faith and not by sight which we must do every hour of our day. He is our source and our strength. Bless you guys. That is a good reason why we must work out our own salvation.... each and every one of us.

Back