Works and Salvation?

U

Unregistered

Works and Salvation?

The word Anti-Christ means opposed to Christ. Is this how we know if a teaching in a Church is a False Teaching, if it opposes what Jesus taught?

Is that a serious question? I am not knocking you but just making sure.:)

If one keeps in mind the context of what He spoke and who He was speaking to that would be a good rule of thumb.
Jesus mostly spoke to lost people and practicing Jews. The Book of Acts is where the church was born and the Epistles are written as instruction to the Church - but while they are not the same they do not violate the Spirit of what Christ taught.

AntiChrist.

Anti-Christ means Anti-Anointing or anything that would diminish the anointing on your life.

If a church teaches against what the Word of God taught. (LIke there is no hell.) then that does not mean they are actively against Jesus but confused. IN all cases it would best to steer clear of anything that is not backed by scripture.

Christ is a Greek word that was never translated. It is from the Hebrew root Messiah (as found in Danial) and means anointed one or Jesus the anointed one. The anointing destroys the yoke (Power of God on flesh)

The word Anti-Christ means opposed to Christ. Is this how we know if a teaching in a Church is a False Teaching, if it opposes what Jesus taught?

I have not gone into the semantics of the word "Anti-Christ" but I think I can safely say we know that a teaching in a "church" is to be considered false if it opposes what Jesus taught (regardless if it is a lie or out of ignorance).

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

May the Good Lord Richly Bless You

"Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son." I John 2:22

"By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." I John 4:2-3

"But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14

"For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified." I Corinthians 2:2

"You examine the Scriptures carefully because you suppose that in them you have eternal life. Yet they testify about me." John 5:39

"Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." Acts 17:11

"From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures that are able to give you the wisdom you need for salvation through faith in the Messiah Jesus." II Timothy 3:15

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" Luke 11:13

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." John 14:26

'But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'" Matthew 4:4

II JOHN 1:1-13

"I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galatians 2:21

"Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law." Galatians 3:21

Works and salvation? Salvation depends on the Finished Work of Redemption Purposed by God, acomplished in His Son [God in the Flesh] and applied to the hearts of believers by the Holy Spirit, One Almighty Saving God.

Ephesians 2:1-10

"And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."

Romans 3:21-28

"But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

"..........to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:5 Read Ephesians Chapter 1 It is food for the soul :)

Most churches dont teach what the bible says. I stopped going to a church 8 years ago. I'm one of the lucky few who doesnt need the support of other men to keep my relationship with God strong, and studying the word of God by myself has been a wonderful experience.

ex: Someone can teach you what they think hell 'might' be, as long as there theories are backed by the bible. If they come out and tell you exactly what hell is, it better match what the bible says it is. If they tell you there's no hell, leave immediatly after hearing that statment, and bring everyone you can with you.

2 Peter 1:20

"Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son." I John 2:22

"By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." I John 4:2-3

"But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14

"For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified." I Corinthians 2:2

"You examine the Scriptures carefully because you suppose that in them you have eternal life. Yet they testify about me." John 5:39

"Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." Acts 17:11

"From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures that are able to give you the wisdom you need for salvation through faith in the Messiah Jesus." II Timothy 3:15

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" Luke 11:13

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." John 14:26

'But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'" Matthew 4:4

II JOHN 1:1-13

"I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galatians 2:21

"Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law." Galatians 3:21

Works and salvation? Salvation depends on the Finished Work of Redemption Purposed by God, acomplished in His Son [God in the Flesh] and applied to the hearts of believers by the Holy Spirit, One Almighty Saving God.

Ephesians 2:1-10

"And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."

Romans 3:21-28

"But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

"..........to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:5 Read Ephesians Chapter 1 It is food for the soul :)

:smiley60::amen: I LIKE THIS ONE because it has the scripture and what it says I read it .
It tells about Hell
It is real
so If Jesus went there to preach the Gospel before he ascended yep I think it is real

I do have a question to ask about something I was wondering why about

How come is it that some think you burn up like a piece of paper when you go there
when it says eternal where the worm never dies
I dont understand that is saying the same as you just burn up and that is it
where in the world did that belief come from ?

Back