Worry Vs Concern, Whats The Difference?

Worry vs Concern

Whats the difference? Let's look at some well known scriptures:

Philippians 4:6 NASB
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

1 Peter 5:6-7 NASB
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, [7] casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

Now regarding concern we have:

1 Corinthians 7:32 NASB
But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;

2 Corinthians 11:29, 32 NASB
Who is weak without my being weak? Who is led into sin without my intense concern? [32] In Damascus the ethnarch under Aretas the king was guarding the city of the Damascenes in order to seize me,

Then there is the following internet post:

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=18046

This author seems to think he knows the difference but fails to offer clear guidelines on how I can tell the difference. He seems to be advocating a kind of "righteous worry". Is there a such a thing? What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are, A man God has exalted is the humble man who has all of his anxieties, worries cast upon the Lord. He has his complete trust in the Lord to provide all of his needs, no matter what they might be. As Jesus said take no thought saying what we shall eat, or wear, but just seek first His Kingdom and all of these things shall be added to you.
Concern is simply someone who has taken an interest in a person or some other activity. As worry is really a fear of not knowing what's going to happen next which brings with it torment. Our concern in the Lord is in how we might please him in all we do.

Back