would the ability to carry guns in church be a lack of faith?

That does not address the question as to why Jesus instructed his disciples to start carrying a sword in the first place. One would have to consider that our Lord acknowledged that it might have to be used once the disciples were carrying money.

Yes. I agree!

After the issue in SC, I read an article where some say the cause was the fact they weren't armed.

At the same Time, I couldn't imagine a Pastor or any other church member , killing someone ( even if it's in self defense) in cold blood..
Dead.. *throw a sheet over the dead body and resume Bible study*

Tbh, it reminds me of David and Saul, when Saul was trying T harm David ...and one day he had the opportunity to kill him..but he didn't.

I just wonder if you think it would be a lack of faith for the church to carry guns ?

Also, a few more points...
Wouldn't it look a bit odd, as a non violent organization to carry a weaon?

Lastly, church folk tell us to have faith in this and that area... why wouldn't God protecting you be any different?
(If it's not for the faith, it could be in your sleep, caused by a car accident..ect.. We all have our appointed time...IMO)

I just wondered what you think of this;
Alright let's get the discussion rolling..
I think these days not taking one could be seen as tempting God :giggle:.

If we face reality we see that God does not like to do magic (making bullets evaporate for example). I believe God would prefer it if we avoid putting Him in positions where we expect it of Him. As though He did not give us working brains.

I think these days not taking one could be seen as tempting God :giggle:.

If we face reality we see that God does not like to do magic (making bullets evaporate for example). I believe God would prefer it if we avoid putting Him in positions where we expect it of Him. As though He did not give us working brains.

I understand he's not a genie... But isn't he supposed to protect us, and I dont see it as putting him into a position..just BC I choose not to wield a gun..

I could see walking into on coming traffic or juggling knives...

But choosing not to carry a gun.. Nah

I understand he's not a genie... But isn't he supposed to protect us, and I dont see it as putting him into a position..just BC I choose not to wield a gun..

If his protection was the case, why did all the apostles die terrible deaths?

Lastly, church folk tell us to have faith in this and that area... why wouldn't God protecting you be any different?
Is having a job demonstrating a lack of faith? The Bible tells us not to worry about food or clothes, that God will provide for us. So why aren't we just laying around the house saying that God will take care of us, instead of going to work every day? Am I demonstrating a lack of faith by going to the doctor, since Jesus is the Great Physician?

Yep you could be if you didn't go to Jesus the ultimate physician and pray first.
Yep you could be if you wrangled yourself a job without consulting what work the Lord will have you do, and you didn't do it as if it were for Him.
And if you bought a gun and then expect God to bless every bullet that you fired from it, well, I dunno. Most people don't think about God when they out buying guns. They just think of what they can shoot with it.

God does protect people. I don't see Jesus putting body armour on when he was crucified. He was stripped naked and let those guys hammer nails into him. He knew absolutely that no matter what man did to him, his Father would raise him from the dead anyway. Enough said.

Of course He protects us. Us living is His desire.

I wouldn't suggest all carrying guns is the solution. I am thinking more along the lines of armed response or a security gaurd to keep watch .

Back