Wow! Look At You, Christian Forum Site!

Thanks....Jeff, one other gripe from your resident 'malcontent' when scrolling to the bottom of a page there used to be a navigation button to return to the forum list without going back up top. Can this still happen?

In the footer, the 'Home' link will take you back to forum list and the 'Top' link will take you to the top of the page.

Running a lot more smoothly.. Personally, I liked the previous theme.. This would be second to that.. But still way better than most of the other forums that are around.. I think I will get used to it soon..

Everything looks the same on Tapatalk! [emoji14]

Seriously though, I think I've been to the desktop site exactly two times.

Everything looks the same on Tapatalk! [emoji14]

Seriously though, I think I've been to the desktop site exactly two times.

Really. So you might be on a few other forums via Tapatalk right? Do you find the app convenient? What's the best thing you like about Tapatalk?

I'm just curious. :)

Really. So you might be on a few other forums via Tapatalk right? Do you find the app convenient? What's the best thing you like about Tapatalk?

I have used XDA forums and CFS on Tapatalk. Frankly, these are the only 2 forums which I visit frequently. They look the same on my Android phone! No difference. I think that is the case for all forums.. They all look the same :)
I prefer visiting on my computer than mobile.. I like typing a lot :)

Yes sir. I like the simple and easy format. I click on "unread" and it shows me all of the topics I haven't seen. When I click on a topic it automatically starts at the first unread post (a setting within Tapatalk allows this). I can have 50 replies per page instead of 10 (admittedly I haven't checked to see if there is a desktop setting to change this; I know there is not on my gun forum- the only other forum I visit). And I can click on "participated" to see what topics I've commented on.

The format is just more compact and quick. No extra filler, no ads, not additional text, just content. I can also change the skins (I like the dark format) but I believe you said that was available or soon to be on the desktop site.

I will tell you that your listing or participation in Tapatalk is what originally made me check out this forum. Other similar sites did not have the ability to be viewed on Tapatalk and they were passed over because of it. I can also note that my SwiftKey emoticons do not show up on this site as they do on my gun site (but the Tapatalk emoticons do) and that my Tapatalk signature does not show up like it does on my gun site. Not sure why but it's not such a big deal that I care to investigate why.

I will reply again with some screenshots to show some of the things I am speaking about.

Tapatalk allows webmasters to choose their own settings. This was previously not possible but they included some options on request from webmasters enrolled in their program. I opted out of Ad revenue sharing, their footer promotion and their image hosting. This is probably why their emoticons don't work on our site. There are a few reasons for that. I want our forum site to be independent of their program if ever I need to opt out of it. In future may be a better alternative might come up and we can join them too. Also if their website was compromised, we won't have hot-linked images pointing to infected files on their website. I also intend to default all communications on CFS over SSL in the future. In fact I have already installed SSL certificate here for future use. SSL will not allow images from unsecure websites to be pulled over.

Some rather cool smilies.......can you post them or does the forum s/w block them in favor of its own?
Thanks! To answer your question, what Jeff said, below. [emoji41]

Tapatalk allows webmasters to choose their own settings. This was previously not possible but they included some options on request from webmasters enrolled in their program. I opted out of Ad revenue sharing, their footer promotion and their image hosting. This is probably why their emoticons don't work on our site. There are a few reasons for that. I want our forum site to be independent of their program if ever I need to opt out of it. In future may be a better alternative might come up and we can join them too. Also if their website was compromised, we won't have hot-linked images pointing to infected files on their website. I also intend to default all communications on CFS over SSL in the future. In fact I have already installed SSL certificate here for future use. SSL will not allow images from unsecure websites to be pulled over.
Very good to know. I was the owner's right-hand man for a web design and hosting (and print media/advertising) company so I understand where you're coming from. At least I now know why this site behaves differently than my other one. Thanks!

Back