You Have Authority over the enemy

You Have Authority over the enemy

In Act 1:8 is says that when the Holy Spirit comes upon us we shall receive power. Jesus sends us forth into the world and gives us authority over all the works of the enemy.

LUKE 10
19”Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Because most Christians are not displaying God's power today, many turn to the occult, the powers of darkness. Every believer should be operating in the gifts of the Spirit listed in 1 Corinthians 12. This should be the norm, not the exception. Within all of us there is a desire for the supernatural. So since people are not finding it in the churches today, they are drawn to supernatural things that are not of God. But keep in mine, there can not be a counterfeit if there is not the real.

MATTHEW 10
7”And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

LUKE 7
22“Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached."

He had been teaching his disciples about how to use their authority but they just wanted Him to do it instead, and not do it themselves.

MARK 4
37”And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?
41And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?"

Christians are like that today. Although Jesus gave us this kind of authority most don't exercise it. Jesus stopped the storm and He would not stop anything His Father was doing, for He only does what He sees His father do. This was sent to destroy them, but instead Jesus destroyed the work of the devil.

1 JOHN 3
8”He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”

According to 2 Corinthians 4:4 satan is the god of this world and he tries to control circumstances. To think everything is of God is a man made tradition, religious thinking, and not the Word of God. Jesus told the religious leaders of his day that they were just teaching their own doctrines and saying it was Gods doctrines, "laying aside the commandment of God" and holding "to the tradition of men". He is telling us, when you do this you are "making the word of God of none effect " (Mark 7:7-8, 13) in your life through your traditions. Because of man made doctrine and unbelief, many of the churches have just a "form of religion" and are void of power.

MARK 1
23”And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
24Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
25And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.
26And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.
27And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? For with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him. "

MATTHEW 8
16”When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick."

If this were true everything is from God, then why did Jesus heal the sick and cast out devils? Why did he raise the dead and calm the storm? Evidently everything that comes our way is not from God. This kind of thinking is why Christians do not take authority over demonic activities.

In other countries around the world, the power and gifts of God are demonstrated. But it seems those in America have been sold a bill of goods that this power is not for us today or have grown so cold they have no power. Our churches are not doing as God has commanded us. He wants to demonstrate His power through us to a world that is so much in need.

1 CORINTHIANS 2
4”And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power."

JOHN 14
12”Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

MARK 16
15”Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
17And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
18they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
20And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen"

Notice He said "confirming the Word.” If signs are not following us, then maybe we are not preaching the gospel. Are we preaching, not only salvation, but also healing, deliverance and the miracle working power of God? The reason for the signs and wonders to follow us, are to confirm the Word that we preached was true. Otherwise there is nothing to confirm.

MATTHEW 28
19”Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

LUKE 9
5“And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
6And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where."

By the authority Jesus has given us we triumph over the enemy. We have the name of Jesus and the blood of Jesus. We are victorious!

MATTHEW 18
8”Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

PHILIPPIANS 2
10”That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.”

REVELATION 12
11” And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”

We are seeing the power of God and Christians authority in other countries because these people rely solely on God and their faith is so much greater that ours .These people are hungering and thirsting after the things of God and are willing to sacrifice their bodies in death if needs be .

God is pouring out His Spirit on all flesh and it seems because we are too comfortable with all our wordly possessions that we sit on our comfortable pews week after week denying the power and authority of Jesus Christ.

I am not saying all churches are like that but we need a fresh out pouring of the Holy Ghost , and fire to shake us out of our pews . How are we going to do that ? By humbling ourselves before almighty God and offering up to Him the sweet sacrifice of praise and worship that He desires .

We need to get back to the preaching of the Blood of Jesus and what the meaning of the Blood really signifies .

Yes I am talking to myself here and I am seeing a moving in my church amd young people who can preach , who have never had training but it is the Power of the Holy Ghost . Even this past Sunday we had an intruder dressed in Arab garb who thought he could come in and disrupt our praise . Satan cannot stand to hear us praising the Lord. But he is under our feet and is already defeated at the cross.

We need to take back what the devil has stolen from North America or soon missionaries will be coming here to evangelize us .

Praise God for this thread and as God leads please tell us more . ... Thanks GodSpeasks.

I remember when I first got save. Well of course the enemy was mad he lost one - ME - LOL. I telll you what, he will try to cause you problems if you let him. I didn't know about our authority in Christ. But whenI learned I put him on the run because he knew I found out I didnt have to put up with alot of his tricks. That doesn't mean we won't have problems but it does mean we have alot of armour and weapons to put him in his place and fiight him off, through the power of Christ who works through us. All glory to God!

Diverting a little cause you did mention the Armour and I just wanted to post that yes we all need to get up in the morning and put on the Full Armour of God to withstand the wiles of the devil and he does throw darts but we can be overcomers if we apply the armour .

The Armour of God .

This is our protection each day as we go out into the world . We need to put on the armour . When we practice these steps and it becomes part of our life , we will also be able to tell satan ... get thee behind me .

Because we are in a battle every day with our flesh but greater is He that is in us than he that is nin the world.

The Armour
Paul related in those days to the armour because they were on the battleground against the Romans. But we can relate to our day as well

1….. Belt of Truth…. The belt for the soldier would hold their pants up and the belt held the sword.
Truth is the foundation. Everything is built on Truth . Truth holds everything together just as the belt does. Satan is a lier and a deceiver so if you have truth you can defeat him. Know the truth and the truth will set you free.

2…. Breastplate of Righteousness ( Protects the heart ) No errow could hit them in their heart because of the breastplate that they wore. We are told to guard our heart . Don’t leave home with out the breast plate.

3…… The Shoes … vs 15 ….. Soldiers would wear sandals but they had spikes on the bottom for firm footing. When we have a firm footing in the Word of God …. Nothing can move us. Picture these shoes holding firmly planted on the ground.
Solid …. Believe in Jesus because we are firmly grounded. We bring peace and good news of Jesus. Shoes are the Gospel of Faith.

4…Shield of Faith
The shield was made of light wood covered in leather . This would extinguish the fiery darts from the attacks of the enemy. In this way we must put up our shield of faith to with stand satan’s fiery darts.

5….Helmet
This protected the soldier and prevented the opponents swords from wounding. In the same way we need to put on the Helmet of Salvation because satan is after your heart and your mind. The helmet is the grace of God so that we know we are forgiven.

And don't forget #6 and #7 of the armor in verse 17 and 18

#6 SWORD of the Spirit - the Word of God
#7 PRAYING in the SPIRIT

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Remind yourself every day that you are a child of God and by the renewal of your mind you will not believe satan’s lies. We need to protect ourselves.and advance in the army of God. We have a weapon “ the Sword “ the Word of God. The Word of God is what we use to push back satanic attacks.

Back