you have tried fruitlessly

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

you have tried fruitlessly

"For years, maybe, you have tried fruitlessly to exercise control over yourself, and perhaps this is still your experience; but when once you see the truth you will recognize that you are indeed powerless to do anything, but that in setting you aside altogether God has done it all. Such discovery brings human striving and self-effort to an end."

Watchman Nee

Galatians 5:16:18
But I say, behave in a spiritual way, then you will not carry out your fleshly craving.
For the longings of the flesh are contrary to the spirit, and those of the Spirit are contrary to the flesh,They are in opposition to each other, so that you do not do what you want to do.

God bless
Watchman Nee Release of the spirit

AMEN! Thanks Boan!

So nice to have you here Univac, you are full of help and scripture at the ready.

Self is our biggest problem. We need to deny self and put Jesus Christ at the helm. He comes first. Thanks son for that message.

jesus-christ-First_last_Iam.gif

"For years, maybe, you have tried fruitlessly to exercise control over yourself, and perhaps this is still your experience; but when once you see the truth you will recognize that you are indeed powerless to do anything, but that in setting you aside altogether God has done it all. Such discovery brings human striving and self-effort to an end."

Are you talkin' to me? Yes, for years I have tried fruitlessly to exercise control, with very little success. Now I put my life in God's hands and trust in him and it's working out better that way, for his way is perfect. I pray, "not my will O' Lord but thine be done, do with me what you will".

Back