Your Deadly Enemy

Your Deadly Enemy
I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again....
– 1 Thessalonians 4:13
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Many of us, even though we're believers, have seen grief and sorrow as such a natural part of life that we haven't even questioned them. In fact, if we're honest, we'd have to admit there are times when we actually want to feel sad and sorry for ourselves.

Why would we choose to feel sorrow? Because sorrow has an emotional kick to it. It offers a surge of feeling that, in the beginning stages, is almost intoxicating.

But grief and sorrow are dangerous things. Several years ago God showed me that they're not the innocent emotions we've thought they were. The forces behind these emotions are actually spirit beings sent by the devil himself to steal, kill and destroy.

They are a part of the devastating, satanic barrage Jesus took on Himself when He died on the cross (Isaiah 53).

He bore grief and sorrow, so we wouldn't have to. If they come knocking on your door, remember, they are not innocent emotions. They are deadly enemies that Jesus already carried away at Calvary.

Don't live as those who have no hope. You're a believer. You know that Jesus Christ died for you and rose again. That not only gives you hope where physical death is concerned, it gives you hope in every situation. Sorrow not!
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Isaiah 51:11-16
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Hmm its interesting going to funerals and people reactions to death notices.
As believers we know those that die in Christ will be resurrected for all eternity so, its only missing their presence here on earth for the short time we are here. We ought to be joyful for them and that they were also faithful servants who will recieve their reward.

Also I think no matter how long we are here for, God sees the times we spent in His presence apart from the time spent on earth, and He counts that. I mean nobody know the day or hour they will be called to go home, and for some people it may not be as long as others. So redeem the time while you are still here.

Hmm its interesting going to funerals and people reactions to death notices.
As believers we know those that die in Christ will be resurrected for all eternity so, its only missing their presence here on earth for the short time we are here. We ought to be joyful for them and that they were also faithful servants who will recieve their reward.

Also I think no matter how long we are here for, God sees the times we spent in His presence apart from the time spent on earth, and He counts that. I mean nobody know the day or hour they will be called to go home, and for some people it may not be as long as others. So redeem the time while you are still here.

I recently spent a week with my Aunt , in hospital, who was dying. She was fundamentally a good person and a Christian, but she was terrified. It was as though everything in her life had come back to haunt her. I spent a week sitting by her bedside, telling her that she was forgiven. I forgave her, God forgave her. I passed on messages to all of her friends, good messages of gratitude, but she was so frightened. All I could do was make sure that she had lots of pain relief (mega-drugs) and was as comfortable as she could possibly be. She appeared to find peace at the end, but she seemed to be so regretful.

I don't want to regret my life.

Things came back to haunt her? Like what...? I dont mean to be nosy, but, we are meant to lay EVERYTHING at the cross and confess it so we can be forgiven. It pays to be honest to God everyday and keep short accounts. Was she young or did she regret doing things or maybe not doing things. God gave us but one life here on earth not nine...

And plus the people that have passed on before us, we will get to see them again anyway if they are in Christ, so its not as if we are going alone. I hope she did find comfort and peace through your counsel Annie. I think some deaths are easier than others, but everyone of us suffers at some point in their life here, whether physical or mental or emotional theres really no way to absolutely avoid pain.

I thought it was the prince and power of the air..i.e satan whos the deadly enemy.
As for tv, just dont have one that solves that problem. Theres such a thing as self control which means you choose something to do other than watching mindless tv.

I think all kinds of hypnotism, including television, only happen if people willingly subject themselves to it. So you can make a choice not to expose yourself or be led by people seducing or outright lying to you in order to perusade or convince you to buy something.

Things came back to haunt her? Like what...? I dont mean to be nosy, but, we are meant to lay EVERYTHING at the cross and confess it so we can be forgiven. It pays to be honest to God everyday and keep short accounts. Was she young or did she regret doing things or maybe not doing things. God gave us but one life here on earth not nine...

And plus the people that have passed on before us, we will get to see them again anyway if they are in Christ, so its not as if we are going alone. I hope she did find comfort and peace through your counsel Annie. I think some deaths are easier than others, but everyone of us suffers at some point in their life here, whether physical or mental or emotional theres really no way to absolutely avoid pain.

My aunt was 87 years old. Her younger and only sister was my mother. My mother died when I was ten years old. I was left with an abusive father, and consequently, an abusive step-mother. My aunt had nothing to do with me until I was 20 years old, and her own mother died. Her mother was my grandmother, and I didn't know her at all. One thing that really upset me was finding the funeral memorial note for my grandmother which read "to a loving mother". It never mentioned being a grandmother at all.

Sorry to be so serious, but it actually feels good to get this off my chest.

I think God wanted you to be 'nosy' Lanolin, because now I've said it I feel better. I was asked about our relationship by a nurse, and I told her it was pretty messed up. She said it couldn't be that messed up because I was there with my aunt. She was never there when I needed her, but I was there when she needed me. It simply boils down to the fact that I couldn't bear to think of her dying alone. She said that to me "I don't want to die alone". I reassured her that she wasn't alone.

Again, I don't want to regret my life.

Thanks Lanolin for asking.

Blessings

Annie xxx

Back