Your fingerprints may soon replace credit cards

I like the idea of biometrics in general, but it also scares me quite a bit. Not really for the obvious reasons either.

Think about it, look at the lengths people are willing to go through to steal your wallet, identity, money, or whatever. And now, the only way for them to do that is to steal your fingers somehow... Casual crime may decrease, but really, really, really bad crimes seem likely to increase.

I have noticed within the past several months that when I go places to cash checks, they have me put my finger print on it. I realize that this is just an added security for them, because our state has us all finger printed through the driver's license office, and so placing a print on checks being cashed reduces the likelihood that individuals would cash fraudulent checks.

My brother also has told me that his ATM requires a thumbprint scan when he withdrawls money.

My husband and I do not use credit cards, but if we did, I would prefer thumbprint scans over having one of those little chips placed under my skin.

Mark of the beast coming together.
credit /debit/rewards cards/ on star(global positioning) microchips. . . Yep it's all coming together right before our eyes.
The technology is already here. It's just a matter of putting it together and getting the public to accept it.

Cliff

Mark of the beast coming together.
credit /debit/rewards cards/ on star(global positioning) microchips. . . Yep it's all coming together right before our eyes.
The technology is already here. It's just a matter of putting it together and getting the public to accept it.

Cliff

I really agree with you!
It is all leading up to what the Bible predicts~

As we see what the world is coming to, , , the moral decay, world econmy, world church, the false profits, the coming of the mark. All of it puts my heart at peace,
For It shows the accuracy and truth of the scriptures.,making the promice of salvation for those who love and follow jesus all the more to be believed.;)

Cliff

As we see what the world is coming to, , , the moral decay, world econmy, world church, the false profits, the coming of the mark. All of it puts my heart at peace,
For It shows the accuracy and truth of the scriptures.,making the promice of salvation for those who love and follow jesus all the more to be believed.;)

Cliff

Amen Brother Cliff.

Reminds me of that Arnold Swarzenegger movie, The 6th Day or something like that...?

He was walking around, opening up all the security locks and getting into restricted areas using that lady's thumb as a key. LOL

I opened an account at a bank because another bank kept on asking me for my thumb-print. I kept telling them no. They charged my sister $3 to cash a check because she didn't have an account...and then asked her for a thumb-print. She told them she charges $3 for a thumb print!:D

Back