Your New Life

Before Jesus left this earth to go back to heaven to be with the Father he left a command for all of his disciples to follow (see Matt. 28:18-20). We are go! We are to make disciples (followers of Christ) of all nations. We are to baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. And, we are to teach them to obey all things Jesus Christ has commanded us in his word. And, he is with us always.

He also told them that when the Holy Spirit came upon them that they were to be his witnesses throughout the world (See Ac. 1:8). When we receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of our lives, we receive his Holy Spirit within us, and we are to be Christ’s witnesses everywhere he sends us.

Not unlike Paul, he is sending us to open the eyes of the blind and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God so that they can receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are being sanctified and made holy in Christ Jesus, our Lord. We are to proclaim freedom for those captive to sin, and the light of the gospel to all who are spiritually blind. We are ministers of our God.

Your New Life / An Original Work
Based off the Gospels / May 15, 2014

Go and make disciples of peoples,
Teaching them to obey their Savior.
Do not fear, but go where He sends you.
Tell them all of what you have heard.

The kingdom of God now is upon you.
Come, and follow Jesus, your Lord.
He will make you fishers of man.

If the people Jesus desire,
They must die to sin and to self-life.
If they want to hold on to their lives
They will lose them forevermore.

Surely you heard that coming to Christ
Means a new life in Jesus, your Lord.
Follow Christ wherever He leads.

Love the Lord with all of your heart, and
Love your neighbors as you would yourself.
Preach the gospel to all the nations.
Do not worry what you will say.

Proclaim the freedom for all the captives.
Share the light with all who are blind.
You are ministers of our God.

http://originalworks.info/your-new-life/

Ga 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead
2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Ga 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead
2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Mitspa, what is your point? Are you taking issue with anything specifically here? If so, spell it out, and we will examine what the scriptures teach about this. This song speaks the true gospel of salvation as taught by the apostles.

Mitspa, what is your point? Are you taking issue with anything specifically here? If so, spell it out, and we will examine what the scriptures teach about this. This song speaks the true gospel of salvation as taught by the apostles.
Sue there are a lot of folks calling a lot of things "the gospel" but the true gospel is revealed by Paul, in his epistles and all other scripture must be understood through the revelation given to him. Those who teach that we are yet under "parts" of the law are teaching a false gospel...its that simple!

Sue there are a lot of folks calling a lot of things "the gospel" but the true gospel is revealed by Paul, in his epistles and all other scripture must be understood through the revelation given to him. Those who teach that we are yet under "parts" of the law are teaching a false gospel...its that simple!
I still fail to see your point. Are you suggesting that I am teaching that we are under parts of the law? If so, would you point out specifically which words in this song you are taking issue with?

I still fail to see your point. Are you suggesting that I am teaching that we are under parts of the law? If so, would you point out specifically which words in this song you are taking issue with?
Well the truth is I enjoy many of your post and they are filled with faith and love, for the most part...I know you are a "saint" of God, but some of your doctrine is missing the mark. I have seen this in other post you have made and brought it to your attention, so you should not act surprised that I would raise the issue again?

Maybe I am out of line here, miss Sue...but I hope at some point to have a discussion with you about this issue...blessings and peace in Jesus Name...

Let me explain a little further..I rejoiced in your post until I seen the legalism that hinders the truth God would speak through you.. I just feel I should show you what is hinders you from a more effective ministry ..in my honest biblical view.

Last edited:
Maybe I am out of line here, miss Sue...but I hope at some point to have a discussion with you about this issue...blessings and peace in Jesus Name...

Let me explain a little further..I rejoiced in your post until I seen the legalism that hinders the truth God would speak through you.. I just feel I should show you what is hinders you from a more effective ministry ..in my honest biblical view.

So, what is your Biblical view and where, in this song, do you see legalism? You have not yet pointed out anything specifically, yet here are some scriptures that teach the same truths as is what is being taught in this song:

Ac. 26:16-18: ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Rom. 6:1-4, 11-15: “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life…

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!”

2 Co. 5:15, 17: “And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again… Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”

Gal. 2:20: “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

Eph. 4:17-24: “So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19 Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.

20 That, however, is not the way of life you learned 21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”

Titus 2:11-14: “For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.”

So, what is your Biblical view and where, in this song, do you see legalism? You have not yet pointed out anything specifically, yet here are some scriptures that teach the same truths as is what is being taught in this song:

Ac. 26:16-18: ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Rom. 6:1-4, 11-15: “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life…

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!”

2 Co. 5:15, 17: “And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again… Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”

Gal. 2:20: “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

Eph. 4:17-24: “So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19 Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.

20 That, however, is not the way of life you learned 21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”

Titus 2:11-14: “For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.”
These scriptures are based upon Gods Grace working in us, not the flesh working righteousness by the letter, if one does not first understand that, then they cannot fulfill these scriptures. But only have a false form of godliness based upon the outward appearance of mans religion. Of course the scriptures teach us to walk in godliness, but its based upon being set free from the law and walking in the true grace of God. What godliness does any believer have except that which God has first given them through His Grace? The Pharisee had a "form" of obedience to the "letter" ..that means NOTHING in regards to true godliness and holy living! I did drink from your well and found the water sweet, but you are trying bring bitter and sweet (law and grace) and I shall not come to well that brings forth bitter and sweet water. Nor should anyone else!

Before Jesus left this earth to go back to heaven to be with the Father he left a command for all of his disciples to follow (see Matt. 28:18-20). We are go! We are to make disciples (followers of Christ) of all nations. We are to baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. And, we are to teach them to obey all things Jesus Christ has commanded us in his word. And, he is with us always.

He also told them that when the Holy Spirit came upon them that they were to be his witnesses throughout the world (See Ac. 1:8). When we receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of our lives, we receive his Holy Spirit within us, and we are to be Christ’s witnesses everywhere he sends us.

Not unlike Paul, he is sending us to open the eyes of the blind and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God so that they can receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are being sanctified and made holy in Christ Jesus, our Lord. We are to proclaim freedom for those captive to sin, and the light of the gospel to all who are spiritually blind. We are ministers of our God.

Your New Life / An Original Work
Based off the Gospels / May 15, 2014

Go and make disciples of peoples,
Teaching them to obey their Savior.
Do not fear, but go where He sends you.
Tell them all of what you have heard.

The kingdom of God now is upon you.
Come, and follow Jesus, your Lord.
He will make you fishers of man.

If the people Jesus desire,
They must die to sin and to self-life.
If they want to hold on to their lives
They will lose them forevermore.

Surely you heard that coming to Christ
Means a new life in Jesus, your Lord.
Follow Christ wherever He leads.

Love the Lord with all of your heart, and
Love your neighbors as you would yourself.
Preach the gospel to all the nations.
Do not worry what you will say.

Proclaim the freedom for all the captives.
Share the light with all who are blind.
You are ministers of our God.

http://originalworks.info/your-new-life/

Sister in Christ, I agree with every thing you have said here. I would like to add just one point and that is when Jesus was raised we also were raised with him and we also are sitting on the right hand of God in Christ Jesus. As Jesus said to his followers after they asked him, where are you going and how do we know the way? I am the way the truth and the life as Jesus replied.
Living in two different worlds at the same time is surly very unique to the Church today. Being able to speak of the things we know here and testifying to things we see there is way beyond human wisdom of our carnal minds, but easy to the spiritual mind of Christ dwelling in our hearts. Looking at things that are not seen but are eternal, and speaking what we see to those who are blind will surely draw them to the one sitting on His throne in us.

Sister in Christ, I agree with every thing you have said here. I would like to add just one point and that is when Jesus was raised we also were raised with him and we also are sitting on the right hand of God in Christ Jesus. As Jesus said to his followers after they asked him, where are you going and how do we know the way? I am the way the truth and the life as Jesus replied.
Living in two different worlds at the same time is surly very unique to the Church today. Being able to speak of the things we know here and testifying to things we see there is way beyond human wisdom of our carnal minds, but easy to the spiritual mind of Christ dwelling in our hearts. Looking at things that are not seen but are eternal, and speaking what we see to those who are blind will surely draw them to the one sitting on His throne in us.
Ok if you "really" believe this..how can we be under the law of Moses? If we have already died and been justified in Christ? Paul makes this point over and over!

These scriptures are based upon Gods Grace working in us, not the flesh working righteousness by the letter, if one does not first understand that, then they cannot fulfill these scriptures. But only have a false form of godliness based upon the outward appearance of mans religion. Of course the scriptures teach us to walk in godliness, but its based upon being set free from the law and walking in the true grace of God. What godliness does any believer have except that which God has first given them through His Grace? The Pharisee had a "form" of obedience to the "letter" ..that means NOTHING in regards to true godliness and holy living! I did drink from your well and found the water sweet, but you are trying bring bitter and sweet (law and grace) and I shall not come to well that brings forth bitter and sweet water. Nor should anyone else!

Mitspa, here is the response I believe God has given to me on this subject: http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/some-have-departed.38631/

Back