Your Not God You Can't Judge ME! :)

Your Not God You Can't Judge ME! :)

Hello All No I am not mad! Just repeating what so many people say when they hear the truth and are getting defensive. Yesterday while on youtube I heard something quite intresting. And I just wanted to talk about it today if you guys don't mind.

A preacher said: Not quoting..

That we as christians can judge other christians here on earth but not people in the world (sinners).

I thought that was a very intresting statement and I would like to look some more into this based on what the bible says...

If you would kindly read below..
1 Corinthians 5

1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

2And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

3For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

7Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
to me that looks like if we see a brother or a sister in the lord living in sin we should go to them in love and address it. What is everyone else's thought on this scripture. Please stay on topic there is nothing I dislike more that people starting new topics within one.

I am intrested to know what you guys think,
Caresse

Matthew 7:1-2 . . .

Judge not that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I think you're right. For another translation of verses 12 & 13:

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."[

Judgement has a very negative connotation, probably because it's so very easy for people, particularly Christians, to point fingers and tell others how they're wrong. Within the church, though, we have the obligation to correct those that are going against God, or at the very least ask that they consider very carefully what they're doing. If we love someone, shouldn't we want them to have a proper relationship with God?

For non-believers, has "judging" someone ever been effective? How can they understand Christ's commands if they're eyes have not been opened? We can share our positions and stand firmly for them, but at the end of the day, it's God's judgement that will fall upon them.

One final note, though. Christ tells us in Matthew 7:
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

When we pass judgement or rebuke a brother or sister, or even a non-believer for that matter, God will judge us by that same standard. This should be a warning to us: if we condemn actions that we do ourselves, past, present, or future, God will not look kindly upon that and judge us by our own standard. That should make us very careful when we decide to pass judgement, but also make us very secure when we are correcting out of love and affection. More than one time have I judged another in my heart, only to do the same thing many months or years later...it's a bitter pill.

Bassmasa I agree with you it is a bitter pill to swallow either way. I think like this...If we are are adopted into the family of Christ meaning we are all Brothers and Sisters in the lord. If you see your brother or sister falling away do you do nothing or say nothing? I most certainly hope not. I dont think it is casting Judgement because to me judgement is final. It is more like redirecting, but people can get really defensive even if you do it in the most loving way possible.
Todays churches are weak and sissyish. Because people dont stand up for the whole truth. I know some people might get upset with me for saying that but I believe it to be true. Back in the NT days you didnt come to church any kind of way you were Holy or working on it. Not all this compromising and foolishness. Thank God Jesus will set things back in order when he comes again. :dance:

I am not being self righteous I hope no one reads me like that. I am nowhere near being holy but I want to be holy and righteous.
:read-bible:

The tricky thing with this issue, is where do we draw the line between not judging, and saying sin is ok? Because it isn't, and by allowing people to sin sin sin, we are loving them straight into Hell.

People seem to feel that the only way to be loving is to tolerate everything. But we are also commanded to be a light; particularly given the world is so dark now, and sliding into apostasy more and more every day.

I kind of think it's all in what we mean when we say "judge". To be in judgement usually implies you (generic you :)) somehow feel you are better than the person you're judging; but when we acknowledge that we are all sinners, and we are all as wonderful and as flawed as everyone else, you're not judging someone when you call them on something, you're holding them accountable, and it's one of the most loving things you can do.

Lack of "judgement", and tolerance of everything, including sin, at some point crosses a line and becomes support of someone being in sin, and that's not what we are called to do.

The tricky thing with this issue, is where do we draw the line between not judging, and saying sin is ok? Because it isn't, and by allowing people to sin sin sin, we are loving them straight into Hell.

People seem to feel that the only way to be loving is to tolerate everything. But we are also commanded to be a light; particularly given the world is so dark now, and sliding into apostasy more and more every day.

I kind of think it's all in what we mean when we say "judge". To be in judgement usually implies you (generic you :)) somehow feel you are better than the person you're judging; but when we acknowledge that we are all sinners, and we are all as wonderful and as flawed as everyone else, you're not judging someone when you call them on something, you're holding them accountable, and it's one of the most loving things you can do.

Lack of "judgement", and tolerance of everything, including sin, at some point crosses a line and becomes support of someone being in sin, and that's not what we are called to do.

Great Points!

There is a passage in the bible that says something about If you know that your sister or brother is livng in sin and you say nothing about it, then you are as guilty as they are. Can someone please tell me where I can find that. I dont have my bible!:eek:

I would greatly appreciate it because biblegateway isnt helping me.

Back