. And forget not all His benefits:
. Who forgives all your iniquities,
. Who heals all your diseases,
. Who redeems your life from destruction,
. Who crowns you with lovingkindness
. . . . . . . and tender mercies,
. Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
. So that your youth is
. . . . . . . . . . . renewed like the eagle's.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Psalm 103:1-5)

"So that your youth
147.jpg

is renewed" (in Psalm 103:5)

This is one of my favorite photos; I got this during early spring, I think. And I was surprised that a weeping willow would have leaves so soon in the year when, I think, various other trees did not have leaves.

But, while the long leaves are younger, we can see the branches that would be covered by the leaves, later. In order for this tree to have such long and full and beautiful leaves, there need to be those branches > in order to have the weeping willow leaves, those branches need to be strong for holding the leaves in the wind, and healthy for growing them . . . and able to have made it through the cold of winter.

Like this, in order for us to become more and more "youthful" in the newness of Jesus, we need the character of God's love making us strong and beautiful and in His own newness; for all past eternity, God our Father has stayed new in quality and beauty and kindness of love!!! > in Heavenly quality but also of personal love, with family caring and sharing affection, as the Father and Son and Holy Spirit. While we go through things, do we stay sweet and beautiful and tenderly caring? Well - - - for all past eternity, our Father has not gotten tired or used-up in His love (c: All the evil has not hurt Him or broken Him down. But He is still so beautifully wonderful while also being personally tender and caring, as much as always.

And His love shares this with us "in our hearts" >

347.jpg

"Love never fails." (in 1 Corinthians 13:8)

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5) God's own love "in our hearts" makes us more and more of His love's nature and loving like He is. So . . . as we grow . . . even in our older age, we can be getting more and more beautiful and sweet and kind in our Father's family caring and sharing, so that we share with Him, like this.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4) So, this gentle and quiet beauty of God's love is "incorruptible", making us also so our love does not fail and get weak and worn out.

Our bodies can be corrupted in old age, but not our hearts in this love.

And so, we do well not to worry about our bodies getting older, but be busy appreciating and enjoying how we are becoming more and more mature in our Father's newness of His love making us sweet and beautiful > better than how we were while young but so busy busy busy with work and seeking pleasures and security and excitements, but not being deeply stable and sound and sober.

This world's birdbrains keep being attracted
to what they can't have,
351.jpg

and what wouldn't be nutritious, anyway!

"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God." (Colossians 3:15)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day." (2 Corinthians 4:16)

So now we can be His example of how to be in love, examples of not fearing and ashamed about "old age". In His love we experience and enjoy Him, while He is delighting in us becoming more like His Son Jesus > "rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4) So we are loving God, by becoming "gentle and quiet" in His love > "giving thanks always for all things to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," (Ephesians 5:20)

"Peachy (c:"

It takes time to become a good old peach >
first there's that cute little buddy, so fuzzy,
then the green teen not exactly mature;
and even in our middle years . . .
yes, we can be oh-so colorful in all that
peachlight coming down all around us;
and yet we're still going to get
at least a little bit bitter and sour,
deep-down inside,
because we need to go through some
heat of the summer,
before we can reach a ripe old age.
But then is when we can get
sweeter and sweeter and
even more and more juicy! (c:
Because we made that commitment
to learn how to love >
"'Take My yoke upon you and
. . . . . . . learn from Me,

for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.'"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . (Matthew 11:29)

Back