1 Kings 13

Good question however the answer is still the same.

Let me ask you a question. Is God omniscient? In other words, does God know all things from the beginning to the end. The Bible says that He does in more places than I can remember.

But in Genesis 3:9, after Adam and Eve sinned in the garden and hid themselves, God said, “Adam, where are you?”

Should we conclude that God who knows everything didn’t know where Adam was?
Of course not. He was asking not just about Adam’s location but also about his spiritual condition.

Consider for a moment that the fact is that God knows all things as stated in 1 John 3:20----- and He has known it all forever.

That would then mean that God would actually change His mind would imply that God, who is supposed to have known all things forever, decided to act in a manner that was different from what He has always known He would do. He would have known that He was going to change His mind, which means He isn’t changing His mind because He knew He was going to do it. So, how is He really changing His mind if He decided to do something all along that only appears (to us) that He changed His mind? NO!

The thought that God could change His mind goes away when we do diligent study to realize who God is.

Consider Malachi 3:6...…...
"I the LORD do not change."

Also Numbers 23:19......….
"God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind."

God doesn't change because He doesn't need to. When to the Bible says that God "changes His mind," it is simply communicating in limited human terms God's actions in a manner we can comprehend.

Ok, I’m not going to lie; the God being outside of time is, at this stage in my walk, still a but different. I totally agree that my Genesis 6:6 example can clearly fall into your view that it was man who changed, not God. Well, taking into account the state of mankind at the time, it is probably more correct that the issue was that man had not changed.

So, let’s re-visit Genesis 18:20-33; “Oh do not let the Lord be angry if I speak just once more. Suppose ten are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of ten I will not destroy it” (32). God clearly knew that Abraham was going to eventually get to this number, having started at 50, so why the exchange and negotiations?

I think the comment I agree with the most is: “God doesn't change because He doesn't need to. When to the Bible says that God "changes His mind," it is simply communicating in limited human terms God's actions in a manner we can comprehend.”

Ok, I’m not going to lie; the God being outside of time is, at this stage in my walk, still a but different. I totally agree that my Genesis 6:6 example can clearly fall into your view that it was man who changed, not God. Well, taking into account the state of mankind at the time, it is probably more correct that the issue was that man had not changed.

So, let’s re-visit Genesis 18:20-33; “Oh do not let the Lord be angry if I speak just once more. Suppose ten are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of ten I will not destroy it” (32). God clearly knew that Abraham was going to eventually get to this number, having started at 50, so why the exchange and negotiations?

I think the comment I agree with the most is: “God doesn't change because He doesn't need to. When to the Bible says that God "changes His mind," it is simply communicating in limited human terms God's actions in a manner we can comprehend.”

Good observation Ray. But it really was not a negotion IMO. God knew how many righteous people were in Sodom but Abraham didn't.

Now, could it also be just as likely that after starting at 50 and working down to 10 that at the point of 10...it was Abraham who thought that Lot was lost so he stopped at 10 not wanting to get all the way down to 1. God would have said YES if Abraham had gotten down to 1. How do we know that?????
Because that is exactly what DID HAPPEN.

Abraham didn't believe it but God knew it and that ONE (1) was in fact Lot.

Today just as back then, God sometimes says “no” to our requests, too, even when we pray with good intentions. The Lord may have other plans that we do not understand, yet which are part of His perfect will.

Good observation Ray. But it really was not a negotion IMO. God knew how many righteous people were in Sodom but Abraham didn't.

Now, could it also be just as likely that after starting at 50 and working down to 10 that at the point of 10...it was Abraham who thought that Lot was lost so he stopped at 10 not wanting to get all the way down to 1. God would have said YES if Abraham had gotten down to 1. How do we know that?????
Because that is exactly what DID HAPPEN.

Abraham didn't believe it but God knew it and that ONE (1) was in fact Lot.

Today just as back then, God sometimes says “no” to our requests, too, even when we pray with good intentions. The Lord may have other plans that we do not understand, yet which are part of His perfect will.
Yes he does.

Hey, what does Alabama and a tornado have in common? ………… One way of the other, someone is losing a trailer.

LOL!!!!!

To be "trivia" correct...….what state has the most mobil homes?

The State of South Carolina has the highest percentage of mobile homes per residence at 20%.

LOL!!!!!

To be "trivia" correct...….what state has the most mobil homes?

The State of South Carolina has the highest percentage of mobile homes per residence at 20%.

Ok, a little disturning that you know that, but … I've been stationed at both locations (Fort McClellan, AL and Fort Jackson, SC). Liked them both.

Ok, a little disturning that you know that, but … I've been stationed at both locations (Fort McClellan, AL and Fort Jackson, SC). Liked them both.

Both myself and my wife come from U.A. Cullman across to Gadsden. She traces her ancestry to Redbay and me to Cullman.
My parents conceived me in a little place called "Battleground" and then my fathers whole family, Grandfather, 3 brothers and 2 sisters moved to Fl.

They moved to Winter Garden Fl. as at that time there was plenty of work in the citrus industry as a family named Roper was building a big citrus processing plant. They all worked there at one time or another and so did I right out of high school and before the US Army.

For them.......working at the Citrus plant was a lot easier than picking cotton.

Both myself and my wife come from U.A. Cullman across to Gadsden. She traces her ancestry to Redbay and me to Cullman.
My parents conceived me in a little place called "Battleground" and then my fathers whole family, Grandfather, 3 brothers and 2 sisters moved to Fl.

They moved to Winter Garden Fl. as at that time there was plenty of work in the citrus industry as a family named Roper was building a big citrus processing plant. They all worked there at one time or another and so did I right out of high school and before the US Army.

For them.......working at the Citrus plant was a lot easier than picking cotton.
If my recollection is correct, my parents came to the US (on a tourist VISA) and lived in NY. They extended their time here past the VISA time frame. My dad was caught and arrested. My mom ended up surrendering. Both were sent back to Cuba, were able to get another VISA and returned. This time, they moved to Miami Beach, FL. I was conceived in Miami Beach, FL.

Around 40 days before my birth, parents returned to Cuba, because my mon wanted me born there (there went my opportunity to be President). Two months after I was born, we all came back to Miami Beach, FL. The following year, by mom got pregnant with my sister. They made the same move; however, by then, the Castro government had gotten nasty and we were not allowed to return. My dad was arrested, under the suspicion that he was teaching people English and was part of the underground resistance. We were in Cuba for the missile crisis, but I was 2 years old and can't really recall anything. I do know that my dad was drafted into the military service and forced to provide security at some oil reserve complex in Cuba. By 1964, some people were able to buy their way out of Cuba. We ended up in one of those "freedom flight" and returned to the US. Spent a couple of years in Chicago, but soon after returned to Miami Beach, FL and I grew up there.

My dad was a Cuban actor and singer. He was never able to achieve the same fame in the US, but was able to make a living as a night club singer and local entertainer.

tintin5.jpg tintin4.jpg

Back