1000 chairs

I am sitting in a swivel office chair with wheels.
My home has various chairs. Since dad bought the house in the 70s the style back then was padded vinyl chairs with wooden legs. (The vinyl cracked and split, so mum covered them with velvet cloth upholstery)
He also had vinyl chairs with metal legs with holes at the back that I didn't like! Cos I was scared I'd fall through them. But the cat scratched those up.
Theres also a wooden sofa that can fold out to a bed (that we never do) mum covered that one too. It's all in various shades of brown.

There's a kitchen stools that is also got padded vinyl. Padded vinyl seemed to be all the rage. ?! Problem is if you wearing short shorts they stick to your legs in the summer.

I am sitting in a swivel office chair with wheels.
My home has various chairs. Since dad bought the house in the 70s the style back then was padded vinyl chairs with wooden legs. (The vinyl cracked and split, so mum covered them with velvet cloth upholstery)
He also had vinyl chairs with metal legs with holes at the back that I didn't like! Cos I was scared I'd fall through them. But the cat scratched those up.
Theres also a wooden sofa that can fold out to a bed (that we never do) mum covered that one too. It's all in various shades of brown.

There's a kitchen stools that is also got padded vinyl. Padded vinyl seemed to be all the rage. ?! Problem is if you wearing short shorts they stick to your legs in the summer.

Yup, I hate padded vinyl because of how it looks when it gets old and cracked and also because my cats will scratch them up. šŸ¤£

I have Wooden pews in church.
Leather sofa where I live and leather swivel chair at the desk.
But you canā€™t beat a great chair with an upright back and one that my feet can reached the floor because most chairs I sit in I feel like Alice in the looking glass as Iā€™m so tiny.
A4E1D216-3E68-46AC-9552-9478F53E388E.jpeg

Got ugly plastic chairs stacking chairs too but that's all we have at the moment till we get new ones in the library.

At church they have those metal padded chairs that clip together. They are quite comfortable and some churches have little cup holders on the back of them for your communion wine.

I notice everyone sits in the same place each week lol

Not sure why children sit at the back mostly or in corner as you'd think they would sit at the front so they can see.

Got ugly plastic chairs stacking chairs too but that's all we have at the moment till we get new ones in the library.

At church they have those metal padded chairs that clip together. They are quite comfortable and some churches have little cup holders on the back of them for your communion wine.

I notice everyone sits in the same place each week lol

Not sure why children sit at the back mostly or in corner as you'd think they would sit at the front so they can see.
The kids don't want people to see them goofing off or falling asleep. šŸ¤£

Just came back from a Christian camp and they had those plastic chairs in the dining room that nobody could sit on, well only tall people. Children's legs were dangling and the seat was curved for giant bottoms. They did have long wooden benches but that's awkward for the people sitting in the middle!

Also if wearing short shorts your legs stick to the chairs.

Ok I am reading this book called 1000 chairs and I just want to do a little survey
What kind of chairs/seating do you have - at church?
In your home?
Outside?
Or do you all just sit on the floor...?

Hello Lanolin;

At church we still sit in the traditional cushioned pews. At home we have a couch and love seat set. The dining room chairs are wood from Thailand. The blue plastic chairs you displayed are used by a church in Africa that held it's services outside in the open fields.

th-2384303748-jpg.8544

I gave my moon chair to a friend, but I left the moon cushion in the library. So she put her own (square) cushions on it.

I don't know if there's an 'earth' chair. But this is what a moon chair looks like

th-1995543254.jpg

Back