12 tribes of Israel

Jesus is different as his blood was pure. He was entirely new, so Im not sure of the claim about Jesus being of Judah....if James also was one. Will have to read bit more about that.

I say that cos Jesus is the lamb that was slain who takes away the sin of all the world, he is never pictured as a lion, and the tribe of Judah is like a lion. Also the devil is like a lion, seeking ppl to devour. And daniel was in the lions den. Christians being thrown to lions. Etc etc.

Hi Sister Lanolin,
Here is some information and places you can learn about this, as I saw you said we will have to read a bit more I thought I would point you in the right direction.

The lion and the lamb is refering to the two aspects of the nature of Christ. The Lion of Judah and the Lamb who was slain. Read Revelation 5:1-10 You can find it in Gen. and through the OT.

The devil roars and roams like a lion seeking who he may devour. Seeking means he is hunting for some one to give him rights into their affairs........but he aint no lion Oh wait that is all he is a lyan (lying) ; )
Blessings
Jim

lion_of_judah.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: /
Went to an International Christian Embassy Jerusalem meeting yesterday, friend invited me.
There were no Israeli speakers, but I did see the flag that showed the lion of Judah.

They have it as their symbol, like a crest. I think the actual symbol for all Israelites is the menorah. Or is it the olive tree. Not sure. I don't get why zionists have the 'star of david' it looks occult to me.

there was some singing in Hebrew though.
But...another thing..chris tomlin song in Hebrew. 'How great is our God' the only thing I don't like about that song and the old folk didn't like it either...is the crashing guitars, bass and drums ruining the singing. Should just stick with the harp.

sorry silk, but look in the Bible and you will actually KNOW the truth, not 'feel the truth'.

Ask God for wisdom, not teachings from man. I don't want you to be lead astray.
see, the Jewish people are still looking for their messiah. But we christians already know he came. And prepared to wait for his return. Now if they see someone they call 'christ' or 'messiah' it can't be, as it will never be...all that have come have been false except for Jesus, and they don't know who they looking for. Just someone they can call christ. That makes it easy for them to be deceived..cos the bible says that anti-christs will come, false prophets will come..people will say look there he is. But they will be false, that is the strong delusion.

So..some professed christians who buy into this 'rapture' doctrine, thinking they will be squirreled away to heaven secretly, will be taken in by a false christ instead. He will set up his false earthly govt while masquerading as a godly man. This is BEFORE Jesus appears again.

Only those who endure tribulation...in whatever form it may take, will be saved.

This is not what I think. This is what is clearly stated in the Bible. Study to show yourself approved. Ask God. Ask the Lord. Don't be deceived.

Anyway..going back to the 12 tribes.

Jesus indicates that the gates of Jerusalem are earmarked for certain tribes? 3 on each side. There are 12 gates altogether. Maybe we can look into that a bit more.

Romans 1:1-3:
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh

Mary, who contributed the flesh side, was of the House of David, hence of the tribe of Judah

there was some singing in Hebrew though.
But...another thing..chris tomlin song in Hebrew. 'How great is our God' the only thing I don't like about that song and the old folk didn't like it either...is the crashing guitars, bass and drums ruining the singing. Should just stick with the harp.

I am glad you enjoyed Chris Tomllin's song!

sorry silk, but look in the Bible and you will actually KNOW the truth, not 'feel the truth'.

Ask God for wisdom, not teachings from man. I don't want you to be lead astray.
see, the Jewish people are still looking for their messiah. But we christians already know he came. And prepared to wait for his return. Now if they see someone they call 'christ' or 'messiah' it can't be, as it will never be...all that have come have been false except for Jesus, and they don't know who they looking for. Just someone they can call christ. That makes it easy for them to be deceived..cos the bible says that anti-christs will come, false prophets will come..people will say look there he is. But they will be false, that is the strong delusion.

So..some professed christians who buy into this 'rapture' doctrine, thinking they will be squirreled away to heaven secretly, will be taken in by a false christ instead. He will set up his false earthly govt while masquerading as a godly man. This is BEFORE Jesus appears again.

Only those who endure tribulation...in whatever form it may take, will be saved.

This is not what I think. This is what is clearly stated in the Bible. Study to show yourself approved. Ask God. Ask the Lord. Don't be deceived.

None of the Bride of Christ will be required to endure Tribulation. It is the time of Jacob's trouble---the Jews are required to endure it. It is a time where God will pour out judgments on the unbelieving world. We won't be there.

You need to study the bible more. You are believing that the tribulation we are promised is The Great Tribulation Jesus spoke about. Well, it isn't.

yes...although..I thought the tribes were counted from the male side.
As Jesus father was God, he seems to be in his own category. I don't know what tribe Joseph was from.

Virgin birth - after all. This was significant for bloodline purposes. But in flesh, yes Jesus grew up in tribe of Judah I suppose. Or whatever tribe Joseph was from.

Joseph is from the line of King David (Judah). John the Baptist was a cousin of Christ. The bloodline of Christ comes from Adam to Seth --> Noah ---> Shem -----> King David. Following the bloodlines has mucho information in it and understanding that Hebrew names have meaning.

In those days did people marry within their own tribe?

Inter-tribal marriage was not forbidden, but the family would have membership in the tribe of the father. In families where there were only daughters, they could only marry within their own tribe, however, due to inheritance laws.

Oh, they both Judah.
Hmm well ..i think we not supposed to be caught up disputing over geneologies here as we all one in Christ, but..Id like to know what happened to Joseph. Jesus stepdad.

The last time Joseph is mentioned was when Jesus went missing, and they found him in the temple teaching with authority, he was 12 years old.
He said he was about his Fathers business...not meaning Joseph.

Id like to know what happened to Joseph, it doesnt seem like he was saved, he died before Jesus entered into ministry it seems. Did he disown his son after this incident? Did Jesus have a bar mitzvah?

The last time Joseph is mentioned was when Jesus went missing, and they found him in the temple teaching with authority, he was 12 years old.
He said he was about his Fathers business...not meaning Joseph.

Id like to know what happened to Joseph, it doesnt seem like he was saved, he died before Jesus entered into ministry it seems. Did he disown his son after this incident? Did Jesus have a bar mitzvah?

The scriptures do not include the telling of what happened to Joseph, but it is assumed he died before Jesus was crucified, as Mary was alone at the cross, and Jesus gave charge of her to His beloved friend, John.

As he was under the Old covenant when he died, he would have been gathered with the ancient OT saints, who had their hope in the future-coming Messiah, and would have been brought out of their captivity in Hades into the kingdom of heaven when Jesus took them out when He went to them while His body was in the tomb.

Why would Joseph disown the son he knew to be the Saviour of the world?

um, don't know. I know Jewish people do disown their sons and daughters if they marry outside judaism or convert to christianity. Not that Jesus married outside but he did hang round ppl that weren't orthodox, ie. samaritans, sinners, tax collectors, prostitutes. Joseph may have thought him unconventional. It is odd not mentioned his death or passing at all...yet John the baptist was killed and Jesus was sad about that.

um. I didn't like chris tomlins song. I actually don't like it at all. It was interesting to hear it sung in hebrew, but the lyrics and the whole music is questionable. It is a very mixed up song, on one hand, boasting about God, on the other, not really clear on who God is. Its catchy though, but I don't buy it.

I was referring to the song our speaker sang that ministered to us she was singing about Jesus.

God doesn't need to be told how great he is, he does not wrap himself in light - he IS light and the devil is a lion prowls about seeking whom it might devour. Jesus is not a lion, he is a lamb.
I don't need a song that says 'sing with me' about how great God is. I already know the Lord God almighty creator of heaven and earth.

Also satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. so its a questionable song. I don't sing it anymore.

Back