666 - Nero or not yet?

Next stop, calculus, then vector analysis and differential equations. :eek:
Isaiah 44:13 describes how the..........
“carpenter stretches out his rule; he marks it out with a line; he fits it with planes; and he marks it out with a compass and makes it after the figure of a man” = Plain Geometry!.

It’s a interesting perspective. The false prophet the Antichrist and Satan himself counterfeiting as the Holy Trinity. Satan has always sought to replace and counterfeit everything our Creator be.

Hello Prim90;

I have never heard it put that way "counterfeiting". The antichrist will counterfeit when we let our guard down. I agree and well said.

I try to wear this around my neck daily;

Deuteronomy 29:18-19, 18 Beware lest there be among you a man or woman or clan or tribe whose heart is turning away today from the Lord our God to go and serve the gods of those nations. Beware lest there be among you a root bearing poisonous and bitter fruit, 19 one who, when he hears the words of this sworn covenant, blesses himself in his heart, saying, ‘I shall be safe, though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart.’ This will lead to the sweeping away of moist and dry alike.

God bless you, Prim90.

Hello Prim90;

I have never heard it put that way "counterfeiting". The antichrist will counterfeit when we let our guard down. I agree and well said.

I try to wear this around my neck daily;

Deuteronomy 29:18-19, 18 Beware lest there be among you a man or woman or clan or tribe whose heart is turning away today from the Lord our God to go and serve the gods of those nations. Beware lest there be among you a root bearing poisonous and bitter fruit, 19 one who, when he hears the words of this sworn covenant, blesses himself in his heart, saying, ‘I shall be safe, though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart.’ This will lead to the sweeping away of moist and dry alike.

God bless you, Prim90.
Bob bank tellers are trained to detect counterfeit notes. The everyday person doesn’t notice the difference unless of course the counterfeit notes are really bad . The very reason we should always soak and amerce ourselves in the word of God. 2nd Corinthians 2:11 does to come to mind. ( Least Satan should get a advantage of us ; for we are not ignorant of his devices.) Yes Deuteronomy 26 does remind us very much to guard our hearts and not allow roots of temptation to fester that seek to turn our hearts towards others gods and the love of this world.

Bob bank tellers are trained to detect counterfeit notes. The everyday person doesn’t notice the difference unless of course the counterfeit notes are really bad . The very reason we should always soak and amerce ourselves in the word of God. 2nd Corinthians 2:11 does to come to mind. ( Least Satan should get a advantage of us ; for we are not ignorant of his devices.) Yes Deuteronomy 26 does remind us very much to guard our hearts and not allow roots of temptation to fester that seek to turn our hearts towards others gods and the love of this world.
I encourage you to join in on the Revelation Study under the doctrinal area of this site. I would love to have your input.

I believe that the book of Revelation is written in part as an attack on Rome, its government and its emperor. I believe that the number "666" is code for Nero.

You might want to read through the "Revelation" study under the Doctrinal section. There are some very interesting comments in it that will startle you.

Our pastor touched on Daniel and Revelation today and cited 666 as the coming mark of the beast. I have also heard the theory that the Hebrews were into numerology back then and would assign numbers to letters. As such “666” translated to the name “Nero.” Whether or not that theory is accurate, I don’t know; but it seems plausible.

I emailed the pastor after the sermon and asked what he thought of the Nero connection. He said we would talk more about it next week but believes “666” may have meant Nero but Nero was a preview of something worse yet to come. He likened this to Antiochus Epiphanes in Daniel 8. He desecrated the temple and set himself up as God, but he was a preview of a greater future desecration.

What are thoughts on this?
I cant see it being Nero, as it is a religious power from then & into the future. Nero is dead & gone, it cannot be a person but something like a institution that existed then & now, a institution can have a man at the top. What institution has denied the one time sacrifice of Christ? 2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposes & exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped so he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Interestingly he is called the son of perdition, 2 Thess 2:3, the only other person called son of perdition was Judas Iscariot, who was a insider of the faith & betrayed Jesus with a kiss.

Actually, the Greeks had an ancient method of counting using their alphabet, Skipper, which is still used today by Rome and also by those in the ivory halls of power.

Too, and unlike Aden and Eve, we are only given a vague reference to what to avoid using the trio of sixes you mention from the New Testament, which is simply used a 'default mask', if you will, as it pertains to the world's old pagan trio of worshiping 'the gods'.

I definitely believe 666 as in the mark of the beast is/will be a real thing. Probably having something to do with AI or some super computer system (beast) linking the whole world into some kind of one world data base system. It will be in or on the hand or forehead. Possibly a computer chip. Some man was on the news a while back saying he thought a program had become sentient. The devil/antichrist can enter/possess and control a giant super computer system (think skynet from Termintor) and pose as an AI that became sentient. If the devil possesses the AI and chips are a part of that AI system, putting a chip inside your hand or head literally puts the antichrist inside you.

Correct.........Jesus prayed three times in the Garden of Gethsemane before His arrest.
He was placed on the cross at the 3rd hour of the day (9 a.m.) and died at the 9th hour.(3 x 3 = 9)
There were 3 hours of darkness that covered the land while Jesus was suffering on the cross from the 6th hour to the 9th hour.
This is the number of resurrection.
Christ was dead for three full days and nights.
Only three individuals witnessed Jesus' transfiguration on Mount Hermon.

The apostle Paul was an exceptionally well-educated person. In three different occasions he quotes directly from Greek poets (Acts 17:28, 1Corinthians 15:33 and Titus 1:12). He also was privileged to visit the location of God's throne, which is in the third heaven (2Corinthians 12:2 - 4).

The three words that appear only once in Scripture are Reverend (Psalms 111:9), Eternity (Isaiah 57:15) and Grandmother (2Timothy 1:5).

Only 3 people were allowed to ask God anything.
1. They were Solomon (1Kings 3:5),
2. Ahaz (Isaiah 7:11) and, of course,
3. Jesus Christ (Psalm 2:9).

The gifts given to Israel by God were his....
1. law,
2. the land of their inheritance,
3. and their calling (the world to come).

The Bible only mentions the name of three angels....
1. Michael,
2. Gabriel
3. Lucifer.
Interesting! :)

There are some Greek/Aramaic manuscripts that have 616 as the translated/copied number of the Beast. What's interesting is that Jerrin at AoC (Ambassadors of Christ) Youtube channel has found that whether it's 616 or 666, both numbers come from the name Caesar Nero. That title and name calculate out to 616 and 666. If you look in some commentaries, they also refer to the fact that some of the earliest manuscripts have 616 as the number of his name.

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

This is interesting indeed. Nero was dead by the time John wrote Revelation in about 95 AD, so reading carefully what I highlighted above and underlined, the Beats WAS, and IS NOT (since Nero was dead by then), and will ASCEND from the bottomless pit. Hmm. Nero was the worst of the persecutors of followers of Christ in his day, with his lighting his gardens and palace area by using as torches the followers of Christ Jesus.

So, as the verse seems to be saying, the Beast was a man who once WAS, and IS NOT, and IS TO COME, therefore a man who was known to the ancients back then, and will be known later when he ascends from the pit.

Revelation 17:10-11
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Folks, this is MOST fascinating, is it not?

Just a point of interest that I thought y'all might of value for your studies.

MM

Last edited:
If you have never looked into Bible Mathematics......take the time to consider it.

Dr. Adrian Rogers, a pastor and Bible teacher from Memphis, TN, once challenged the Big Bang Theory by putting the 0 + 0 = 0 equation into more specific terms: "How can nobody plus nothing equals everything?"

How indeed?
I think I will look into it! :)

I think I will look into it! :)

Back to the thread.........666 = NERO!

NO!

That was postulated by "Preterists" so that the 2nd Coming of Christ could be said to have happened in 70 AD.
The only way for that to happen was for there to be an Anti Christ then.

There is no doubt that the Coming A/C will with characteristics as like Nero just as did Hitler and Mao and Stalin and all the other antichrists.

Back to the thread.........666 = NERO!

NO!

That was postulated by "Preterists" so that the 2nd Coming of Christ could be said to have happened in 70 AD.
The only way for that to happen was for there to be an Anti Christ then.

There is no doubt that the Coming A/C will with characteristics as like Nero just as did Hitler and Mao and Stalin and all the other antichrists.

I think the Greek from which Caesar was translated is equal to 666, and Nero is equal to 616. 616 is actually in SOME of the Textus Receptus manuscripts our KJV, NAS and a number of other translations were translated from.

The video outlines it in more detail.

MM

Back