A Bunch Of Questions

I don't know if I should post my questions separately, but I'm wondering what I should do if my family, friends and boyfriend don't believe in God AT ALL. Does God still love people even if they don't believe in him and say things that in my opinion are disrespectful? And is it true that God doesn't like people who are homosexuals? I'm just wondering because I thought he loved everyone and I must admit that I don't agree with it at all. And I don't know if that's okay. I just think we should love everyone regardless of skin color, sex, sexual orientation, political views etc. I don't see why that should separate us and why homosexuality is a sin.

I'm also wondering about everything in regard to evolution. It says in my handbook that I got in America that human-beings did not evolve from some primitive life form. And I'm also wondering about dinosaurs, because I think the bible says that the earth is like 6000 years old, but that doesn't agree with the skeletons of dinosaurs that has been found. It's like science does not agree with religion, and I would like to find a way to MAKE it :) I don't go to church anymore either (I did in the US. I went to youth group every Monday and sometimes at Sundays too), because I don't like the churches in Denmark at all. They are SOOO different from the churches in the US, and I don't enjoy spending time there at all. Does that make me a bad Christian??

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place and that you won't consider my questions disrespectful, because that it not my intention at all. I'm just confused and curious. I hope it's okay.

Are you reading your Bible/have you read the Bible? This is not supposed to be condescending, I would just like to know where you're coming from.

No, I haven't read the bible. I'm planning on buying one when I'm in the US in June as I would like to read it in English. I've read the child version though - you know, the one with the pictures and all. Unfortunately that didn't make me any wiser :)

Frederikke, have you made Jesus Christ the Lord of your life? Have you asked him to be your saviour? If not that should be the first thing you do. Here is how to do it.......

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Once you do this God the Father will begin to teach you his ways, and reveal himself to you. This Bible is what God uses as his text book to confirm everything he will teach you as true. All of your questions will be answered as the Lord leads you into his Kingdom of light.

I'll try to answer your questions.

Yes, God does love everybody. That does not mean that He will tolerate an infinite amount of nonsense from people.
He will do everything possible to lead a person in the right direction, but if that person does not wish to listen, God will let them go their own way.

Homosexaulity is a perversion. It is the misuse of sex in ways that conflict with the natural purpose of sex.
The purpose of sex is to promote and emotional bond between a couple and to produce children.
Lesbians cannot actually have "sex", they don't have one required set of equipment, same goes for gay men.
It would be more accurate to say that homosexuals engage in mutual masturbation, but it is not sex.

There are quite a few different views on Evolution and Genesis, none of which have any impact on your walk with God.
I would leave that issue alone until you know more about the issues at hand.

I don't know if I should post my questions separately, but I'm wondering what I should do if my family, friends and boyfriend don't believe in God AT ALL. Does God still love people even if they don't believe in him and say things that in my opinion are disrespectful? And is it true that God doesn't like people who are homosexuals? I'm just wondering because I thought he loved everyone and I must admit that I don't agree with it at all. And I don't know if that's okay. I just think we should love everyone regardless of skin color, sex, sexual orientation, political views etc. I don't see why that should separate us and why homosexuality is a sin.

I'm also wondering about everything in regard to evolution. It says in my handbook that I got in America that human-beings did not evolve from some primitive life form. And I'm also wondering about dinosaurs, because I think the bible says that the earth is like 6000 years old, but that doesn't agree with the skeletons of dinosaurs that has been found. It's like science does not agree with religion, and I would like to find a way to MAKE it :) I don't go to church anymore either (I did in the US. I went to youth group every Monday and sometimes at Sundays too), because I don't like the churches in Denmark at all. They are SOOO different from the churches in the US, and I don't enjoy spending time there at all. Does that make me a bad Christian??

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place and that you won't consider my questions disrespectful, because that it not my intention at all. I'm just confused and curious. I hope it's okay.

I don't know if I should post my questions separately, but I'm wondering what I should do if my family, friends and boyfriend don't believe in God AT ALL.

Welcome to my world. Half of my family believes, others believe and are faithful, others just say they believe and are lukewarm. If they are willing to hear God's word, if God is pushing you to share His Word with them, by all means, minister and teach away! If they are not willing, you can't force them to accept the Lord. The Lord, however, uses His people to help soften the hearts of others and bring them to Him. Even if others are unwilling to listen, by your actions through love, just might break down their walls of unbelief.

Does God still love people even if they don't believe in him and say things that in my opinion are disrespectful? And is it true that God doesn't like people who are homosexuals?

Indeed he does love everyone! You will probably here this verse a lot if you haven't already "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Homosexuality should not be treated any different then any other sin. All sin is detestable in the eyes of the Lord, especially the ultimate and unforgivable sin which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

I will let others help with the other questions.

Frederikke, have you made Jesus Christ the Lord of your life? Have you asked him to be your saviour? If not that should be the first thing you do. Here is how to do it.......

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Once you do this God the Father will begin to teach you his ways, and reveal himself to you. This Bible is what God uses as his text book to confirm everything he will teach you as true. All of your questions will be answered as the Lord leads you into his Kingdom of light.
I'm not sure exactly what it is I'm supposed to do. I guess I just assumed that all that would happen automatically. Kind of.

I'm not sure exactly what it is I'm supposed to do. I guess I just assumed that all that would happen automatically. Kind of.

Just the fact you are here and asking these questions tells me the Lord is drawing you to himself. Believing and asking Jesus into your heart is not automatic it is something you have to do, but only once. This is where every thing starts from. Once you do this then the Lord will begin to guide you into all his truth by His Spirit using the Bible as his text Book.

I'll try to answer your questions.

Yes, God does love everybody. That does not mean that He will tolerate an infinite amount of nonsense from people.
He will do everything possible to lead a person in the right direction, but if that person does not wish to listen, God will let them go their own way.

Homosexaulity is a perversion. It is the misuse of sex in ways that conflict with the natural purpose of sex.
The purpose of sex is to promote and emotional bond between a couple and to produce children.
Lesbians cannot actually have "sex", they don't have one required set of equipment, same goes for gay men.
It would be more accurate to say that homosexuals engage in mutual masturbation, but it is not sex.

There are quite a few different views on Evolution and Genesis, none of which have any impact on your walk with God.
I would leave that issue alone until you know more about the issues at hand.
What happens when he lets them go their own way? I just don't picture him as someone who would leave someone by themselves.

Is it a misuse of sex to use contraception pills to then? I know it's not the same at all, but I guess that's in conflict with the natural purpose of sex too. What if two men fall in love with each other and don't have sex? Is it still not okay according to the bible?

It's just that I'm majoring in biology in college, and I can't just deny what science has proved because the bible says something else. I know that this is not a popular opinion. When the bible was written, they obviously hadn't done any research in evolution, so how do we know that it is not true? And how do we even know that it is God's word? What if it was just written by somebody who didn't actually talk to God? Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone or to be disrespectful, I'm just confused.

After studying certain subjects in college like anthropology, and psychology it made me realize most the stuff they talk about is just theories and "educated" guesses, but they try to feed it to students like its an absolute truth. It's like they have an agenda to discredit the real absolute truth, which is the gospel.

Google the probability of Christ fulfilling prophecy, and you will see real truth.

I don't know if I should post my questions separately, but I'm wondering what I should do if my family, friends and boyfriend don't believe in God AT ALL.

Welcome to my world. Half of my family believes, others believe and are faithful, others just say they believe and are lukewarm. If they are willing to hear God's word, if God is pushing you to share His Word with them, by all means, minister and teach away! If they are not willing, you can't force them to accept the Lord. The Lord, however, uses His people to help soften the hearts of others and bring them to Him. Even if others are unwilling to listen, by your actions through love, just might break down their walls of unbelief.

Does God still love people even if they don't believe in him and say things that in my opinion are disrespectful? And is it true that God doesn't like people who are homosexuals?

Indeed he does love everyone! You will probably here this verse a lot if you haven't already "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Homosexuality should not be treated any different then any other sin. All sin is detestable in the eyes of the Lord, especially the ultimate and unforgivable sin which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

I will let others help with the other questions.
Does the quote ""For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" mean that people who does not believe in God is going to.. I guess, hell or somewhere else unpleasant?

What happens when he lets them go their own way? I just don't picture him as someone who would leave someone by themselves.

Is it a misuse of sex to use contraception pills to then? I know it's not the same at all, but I guess that's in conflict with the natural purpose of sex too. What if two men fall in love with each other and don't have sex? Is it still not okay according to the bible?

It's just that I'm majoring in biology in college, and I can't just deny what science has proved because the bible says something else. I know that this is not a popular opinion. When the bible was written, they obviously hadn't done any research in evolution, so how do we know that it is not true? And how do we even know that it is God's word? What if it was just written by somebody who didn't actually talk to God? Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone or to be disrespectful, I'm just confused.

Frederikke, God is not a God of confusion, and all of his ways are peace and right. These questions you have will all be answered for you by the Lord. You will believe it more when God tells you then if someone tells you here on this forum. You first have to take the first step and everything else will follow. True science and the Bible do not disagree as God created every thing to be studied by man. Seek him first and you will find peace for you soul.

Does the quote ""For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" mean that people who does not believe in God is going to.. I guess, hell or somewhere else unpleasant?

For those who do not believe in Him; admit that they are sinners and need a savior, take into their heart Jesus as their Lord and Savior, born of the Virgin Mary, believe that He died on the cross for our sins and rose on the third day and later ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of God, yes, will be headed to hell.

For those who do not believe in Him; admit that they are sinners and need a savior, take into their heart Jesus as their Lord and Savior, born of the Virgin Mary, believe that He died on the cross for our sins and rose on the third day and later ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of God, yes, will be headed to hell.
But why would God want anyone to go to hell? If he loves everyone. I wouldn't want someone I loved to go to hell

But why would God want anyone to go to hell? If he loves everyone. I wouldn't want someone I loved to go to hell

God doesn't send people to hell, they do that themselves. His gift of grace is free to those who wish to receive it. Those who wish to knowingly refuse His gift of grace, knowingly condemn themselves to hell.

God doesn't send people to hell, they do that themselves. His gift of grace is free to those who wish to receive it. Those who wish to knowingly refuse His gift of grace, knowingly condemn themselves to hell.
But if he loved them, wouldn't he save them before they did that so that no one went to hell?

Any man can "love" as many men as he wants to, we are supposed to love our neighbor. Just don't try to have sex with him.

Yes, contraception is a sin. If you don't want children you should be celibate. There is a "rhyme and reason" to God's laws, they promote a healthy family life which promotes a good community which promotes a good society. Destroy the family and society goes to rot shortly after (as you are witnessing now in the entire Western world).

The Roman Catholic view is that the Bible is inerrant as far as salvation is concerned, but not as far as history or science are concerned.

Back