A Struggle With Time

You are confused as to the difference between a life span and a generation.
It doesn't matter. Yes, 70 years is a lifespan. 28 full lifespans = short.

As for flying in the enterprise hehe, God doesn't mind ... even if we develop teleport machines.

We just need to watch the level of evil. When a town as a whole became 'extremely' evil, God destroyed it!! The world today is becoming like one small town. Soon there will be no places for us to 'flee' to Matt 10:23. Then the end will come. It is soon. Hang in there! Personally I would rather die of old age before the last days. A return to Nero's time is scary Matt 24:9.

This is where remembering that He is The King and not us is crucial.

I see so many people that want to rush it along. Guessing when and saying things like Lord come quickly.

That to me is VERY selfish of them to say Lord come quickly. It irritates me as much as prayer in public, alms in public and taking God's name in vain other than in swearing. What I mean is when they pray for this and that and not end with IF IT BE YOUR WILL.

That one is probably my biggest irritation, using God like a jinn.
It's selfish to want God to finally destroy evil once and for all? Call me selfish then! Personally I can't wait! I know God will do it at the right time, if it happens to be while i'm alive, well then...Hallelujah!

There are very few places in the Bible that struggle with. Lately though, I've been struggling with the amount of time that has passed since Jesus was crucified. I know Jesus will come again, but 2,000 years? Am I the only one that struggles in this area?

Whats the struggle? There was even more time between adam and eve and when Jesus was manifested In the flesh than from Jesus to present day. Please dont think I am being critical or condesending here, I realy am trying to understand whats making you struggle with this time frame. Our lives are like a vapor of smoke to God.
lol I guess you could say I am struggling to see whats your struggle.

It's selfish to want God to finally destroy evil once and for all? Call me selfish then! Personally I can't wait! I know God will do it at the right time, if it happens to be while i'm alive, well then...Hallelujah!

And you hasten the death of many that might be spared by The Holy Spirit coming into their lives, softening their hearts and allowing them to accept The King.

That is VERY selfish. You are wanting haste at the expense of others.

That is NOT following the Second Great Command. As you would not want that for yourself. Just think if those people that said hasten Lord had their desire fulfilled BEFORE you had been saved?

Where would you be?

Whats the struggle? There was even more time between adam and eve and when Jesus was manifested In the flesh than from Jesus to present day. Please dont think I am being critical or condesending here, I realy am trying to understand whats making you struggle with this time frame. Our lives are like a vapor of smoke to God.
lol I guess you could say I am struggling to see whats your struggle.
It's difficult to put into words. I've typed a couple of explanations, only to erase them for fear I would strike an even larger debate. I certainly did not intend to create hostilities between members. I'm 'unwatching' this thread and going back to the shadows....

It's difficult to put into words. I've typed a couple of explanations, only to erase them for fear I would strike an even larger debate. I certainly did not intend to create hostilities between members. I'm 'unwatching' this thread and going back to the shadows....
Don't do that. These members will quarrel and bicker on any thread!

“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes. (‭Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭37-39‬ NLT)

“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. In those days, the people enjoyed banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat and the flood came and destroyed them all. “And the world will be as it was in the days of Lot. People went about their daily business—eating and drinking, buying and selling, farming and building— until the morning Lot left Sodom. Then fire and burning sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. Yes, it will be ‘business as usual’ right up to the day when the Son of Man is revealed. (‭Luke‬ ‭17‬:‭26-30‬ NLT)

I think theses verses are taken out of context often. We assume that people's behavior will be the same, that's not what's written. People will carry on as usual right up until
"He comes, riding on the clouds
Shining like the sun, at the trumpet's call
Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee
Out of Zion's hill, salvation comes"

“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes. (‭Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭37-39‬ NLT)

“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. In those days, the people enjoyed banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat and the flood came and destroyed them all. “And the world will be as it was in the days of Lot. People went about their daily business—eating and drinking, buying and selling, farming and building— until the morning Lot left Sodom. Then fire and burning sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. Yes, it will be ‘business as usual’ right up to the day when the Son of Man is revealed. (‭Luke‬ ‭17‬:‭26-30‬ NLT)

I think theses verses are taken out of context often. We assume that people's behavior will be the same, that's not what's written. People will carry on as usual right up until

He'll be like a thief in the night. We'll never see it coming. Which is fine with me, just let The King come in his own time. No hurry.

And you hasten the death of many that might be spared by The Holy Spirit coming into their lives, softening their hearts and allowing them to accept The King.

That is VERY selfish. You are wanting haste at the expense of others.

That is NOT following the Second Great Command. As you would not want that for yourself. Just think if those people that said hasten Lord had their desire fulfilled BEFORE you had been saved?

Where would you be?
I also said I know God will do it at the right time, so I think you're misunderstanding me. I never said I want people who can be saved to go to hell, I merely said I am looking forward to God finally destroying evil.

Like it says "it will be like it was in Noah's day" or even Lot's day, we have to look back to Genesis for what it was like. Sodom was evil everywhere you went. It was not safe and violence ruled the city. For Noah, the same, every imagination of man's heart was evil and violence filled the land. So both examples give a good indication of what we should expect coming down the pike. It does say it will be unexpected, interesting question, to whom will it be unexpected?

Fear not.

Back