A Trillion Lives-years Away

Lewis's space trilogy is great... especially Perelandra.

I disagree with the logic of saying there can't be intelligent life elsewhere in the universe because Jesus would have to die for them too. It assumes two things:
  1. The other lifeforms are also fallen.
  2. If they are fallen, Jesus is obligated to save them.
Neither of these are necessarily true. Angels, for example, are intelligent lifeforms. Two thirds of them didn't sin, and therefore didn't need to be redeemed. And the third that did sin did not obligate Jesus to die for them. Salvation is purely by grace.

I think it possible that there could be life on other planets, but not because the universe has a huge number of stars (and presumably planets). God can do what He wants. He may have populated the universe with other forms of life, or He may not. Whichever it is is not important for us to know, otherwise God would have told us.
I agree with you.

What do you think of my theory that the "alien phenomena" is the activity of demonic manifestations? Do you think it is possible?

Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens! Praise him from the skies! Praise him, all his angels! Praise him, all the armies of heaven! Praise him, sun and moon! Praise him, all you twinkling stars! Praise him, skies above! Praise him, vapors high above the clouds! Let every created thing give praise to the LORD, for he issued his command, and they came into being. He set them in place forever and ever. His decree will never be revoked. Praise the LORD from the earth, you creatures of the ocean depths, fire and hail, snow and clouds, wind and weather that obey him, mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all livestock, small scurrying animals and birds, kings of the earth and all people, rulers and judges of the earth, young men and young women, old men and children. Let them all praise the name of the LORD. For his name is very great; his glory towers over the earth and heaven! He has made his people strong, honoring his faithful ones— the people of Israel who are close to him. Praise the LORD! (‭Psalms‬ ‭148‬:‭1-14‬ NLT)
This is awesome!! Thanks for posting this!

I don't think that the presence thing has any relevance. Adam and Eve were also in His presence.
Yes, but not twenty-four seven and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it the Lord God who came into their presence and walked in the Garden rather than they visited heaven?
Also angels are supposed to be of higher intellect and knew write from wrong...that was how Satan was able to deliberately deceive Eve in the first place.
Angels were not created in the Image of God, Adam and Eve were.

Do you know scientists have determined that if the universe were off by one-one millionth of a degree (gravity, speed, temperature, matter); that OUR VERY OWN planet would not exist? That kind of sounds like God created the whole universe with just us in mind, to me. ...just saying...

The same people have said that if the Earth was 0.0001% further from the moon....all the oceans would slide off into space.

Back