about me and my girls

about me and my girls

Am a single mom of two daughters - Steffi is 14 and Lillian is 5 yrs old. boy do they create havoc - one a teenager and the other seems to be still going through the terrible 2's! mood swings and bad behavior! it's never boring!

Hang in there!

Doreen,

That is quite a range. My wife has a sister 10 years younger.

Remember it is worth all the investment you put into them. While the 14 year old has needs (my youngest is 14) it will benefit her to teach her how to properly treat her little sibling. I also believe it will benefit your 5 year old to teach him how to obey your 14 year old! To make that work you will have to have clear expectations on your 14 year old letting her know that she will be punished for abusing her "power".

God bless you in your important job of parenting!

Re: about me and my girls

Doreen said:
Am a single mom of two daughters - Steffi is 14 and Lillian is 5 yrs old. boy do they create havoc - one a teenager and the other seems to be still going through the terrible 2's! mood swings and bad behavior! it's never boring!

I can completely understand, Doreen. We have a 15 yr. old son and a 7 yr. old son. There are both blessings and challenges to trying to raise children with such an age gap but the good news is, God is able and in control! Surrendering our children to the complete control of the Lord is vital.

Remind yourself that a) they were His before they were ours (For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13) and b)we are not expected to do this in our own strength, aka the flesh, which is weak and temporal (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13)...PRAISE THE LORD! :-D

Hang in there sister as you raise your children in the way they should go! God's gonna bless you, and them, for it!

Back