about our souls

smellycat

Account Closed
about our souls

God is our maker,could he make us live as slugs,worms etc,for eternal suffering if we were bad.?so little time on this earth to get better.do our souls get re-used through generations?so many questions.

No Sc.
It is appointed each man one time to live and one time to die.
Our soul lives forever but our body once.
And our soul, when we die goes to heaven or hell.
In heaven we will be given a new, perfect body.
There is no such thing as reincarnation.

Sylv,
for once you have confused me!:)

Isn't it our body that is resurrected
(as in given a new body)?

Our souls never die, do they?

"thou" is us as a whole?
Our body and soul together at the time we die?

Help me understand:israel:

SC,
I assume we are given a new body wherever we go.
In hell we would feel pain and suffering.

our souls can live forever.God knew us before we were born.and God will know us after we die.this is why some people actually smile .lol.

I agree with Violet here.

The Bible talks about 2 different resurrection,

there will be a resurrection for believers during the rupture. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first."

the second resurrection is for everyone else. Revelation 20:12-13 "And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged each one according to his works."

As far as their bodies, they will not be worms or some other animal. We will have real bodies, like Jesus who had a real body after his resurrection. 1 Cor 15:21-23 "For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead... Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming." Christ was the first to experience the resurrected body he was the "firstfruits" of it.

The verses Sylvanus uses are in reference to our bodies. Our current bodies will return to the dirt. That was Adam's punishment for sin, but Jesus gave us the hope of the resurrection.

God created us in three parts, just like Himself, we are Soul, Body and Spirit. Our bodies will change as described above, our Souls live forever and our Spirits are made alive when we become a Christian.

I hope this helps clear things up. But don't just take my word for it, Read the verses in context to fully understand them.

GsusFrk

Sylv,
I know it's only 4 in the morning for you, as I write this, but I want to hear more when you get on here.

Gsusfrk has some good stuff here.
:heart: :cross: :)

Good Morning Kimmie, It's early in the AM and I may have missed something in that link I posted. What part are you referring to? Is this a scripture you are quoting or is it the interpretation of the writer?

I read all the scriptures and that is what I was seeing.
Doesn't mean it's correct but that was what I understood~

and Good Morning to you!!!:)

I just went into my Bible and I was reading through a few different Books and my conclusion for myself is that I need to do a deeper Study of this topic "Soul" over the weekend. The word "soul" is mentioned throughout the Bible. Now I must see what God's Word truly says on this precious subject.

That is a good post, I've never heard or seen an opinion like this.

I spent a little time looking at verses stated in the post within context.

"Nowhere in The Holy Bible can be found an "immortal soul" - it simply isn't there" - Quoted from the post

However the bible talks about us putting on immortality. 1 Cor 15:52-55.

52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

That immortality is for our whole self, body, soul, and spirit.

"The "soul" is a physical creation" - quoted from the post, I agree with this and the verses used.

"The Holy Bible always speaks of spirit and soul as separate" - quoted from the post, I agree with the and the verses used.

"The soul of man is man. Man is mortal. The "soul" is mortal - and subject to death." - quoted from the post, I disagree with this slightly,

The verses he used for this issue, are true, but I think we need to understand "death." Jesus experienced death, but he is still immortal. From what I understand (I'm no expert in the root words from original languages so someone correct me if I'm wrong) Death, means separation. The first death we experience is the separation of our body from our soul.

The second death is the final separation from God. I think Ezek is in reference to Revelation 20:12-15

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

to sum up this issue, the soul could experience death (separation) but continues to exist.

That is a lot of reading, If you could sum it up that would be great,

I've been taught that the soul consist of three parts.
Emotion, Will, and Intellect.

It is what makes us different from animals, "And The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7 KJV) We are the only ones God breathed into

Brother Sylv,
I am trying to understand all opinions here.
I mean really it doesn't matter, ultimately, IF we understand this issue as long as we understand there is an afterlife, right?
BUT, I still am always looking for facts just out of curiosity.

I'm confused whether the soul dies with our body or not because I always was taught the soul never dies!
:cross: :) :cross:​

jesus says evil cant hurt you,only God can kill your soul in the pit of hell.so your soul is Gods ,he knew you before your birth.fear God more than evil.the WORD tells us this.i dont need to sell my soul,its already in me.

Back