take my heart for a roller coaster ride
I am not scared nor loudly shall I scream,
each moment shall be cherished slowly
like living the video of a dream,

so dish me up I'll take two scoops of that
no rainbow sprinkles and a waffle cone,
I have a favorite flavor indeed
and that is the one my heart will take home~

I had my first North Carolina beach weekend, and it was fabulous! The weather was warm, and sunny. Saturday had a light breeze, and Sunday was windy as heck. It is so nice to live within an hour of the coast. Its my happy place where I can realize how small all world problems are int he larger scope of things. The simple vastness of the sea amazes and calms me into a pile of goop. Its 11:30pm EST and Im still relaxing in bed all tan and kissed with a honey glow, with touches of red sheen that can only mean one thing.... Its NC Beach Season!!! YAY!!!

Hugs and happiness to ALL.

I was kissed this weekend by the sunshine
there are shells in my Jeep and she likes it,
cant wait for the water to get warmer
so I could wash it off a little bit,

my lips are chapped and cheeks have a pink shine
but all I crave is more of vitamin sea,
my heart has been in love since a child
with the salty waves and sand stuck on me~

getting ready
its the countdown
till I see that blue water
clear and clean

like a swimming pool
begging for me to jump
right inside to cool off
my sun drenched skin

my laser blue Jeep
is itching to go on a trip
as far south in the U.S.
we could possibly get

give me some gas
even though its a crime
to actually pay so much
but alas I dont care

I just wanna drive baby
and drive some more
cause its an addiction
once you start

till I find a nice beach
on a nice island
still American made
and Boom there I'll be

getting my tan on
fasting in prayer
painting with water colors
and writing some prose...

(Road trip time to the FL Keys- I leave this next weekend)

my daughter decided to come with me
mother daughter Fl time
its been since we went to St. Augustine
a little over a year ago

so it will be a nice reprieve
from our slow social death
and just might revive
our once bright inner glow

dulled by the covid masks
adorning all walks of life
as we trade them
for sand in our shoes

gator tail jerky for breakfast
and some not so fresh
squeezed fruit concoction
blended smooth with ice

to cool the warm spring shine
of baking bikini bodies
too old to care that we got fat
soon to be covered with tan

We had such a nice time on our trip! The campground was expensive at $100 a night, but hotels were $300 for dives. Campers across from us that had been fishing made us fresh red snapper, and fresh caught Florida lobsters. It was an amazing meal to remember for a lifetime, eaten with our fingers because no one had plates or utensils. What memories we made floating in the warm blue and green waters, snorkeling, and exploring the deer refuge.

Our high light was Skydiving! We had a 45 second freefall at 10,000 feet, and floating around after my shoot opened was amazing! The views over the Keys were breath taking! I did however feel as though it should have been more thrilling, so now bungee jumping is on my bucket list.

More to come in the near future as I actually write some poems about our experiences.... hugs and love to all ox'

We had such a nice time on our trip! The campground was expensive at $100 a night, but hotels were $300 for dives. Campers across from us that had been fishing made us fresh red snapper, and fresh caught Florida lobsters. It was an amazing meal to remember for a lifetime, eaten with our fingers because no one had plates or utensils. What memories we made floating in the warm blue and green waters, snorkeling, and exploring the deer refuge.

Our high light was Skydiving! We had a 45 second freefall at 10,000 feet, and floating around after my shoot opened was amazing! The views over the Keys were breath taking! I did however feel as though it should have been more thrilling, so now bungee jumping is on my bucket list.

More to come in the near future as I actually write some poems about our experiences.... hugs and love to all ox'
glad you had a good time!
hey and can't wait for the poems!

I am scared of hights. so imagination, and plenty of teeth gritting, nail clenching free falling😢

Hi thenami
What a wonderful time you had ! Lovely to hear from you.
You are very brave doing all those things. Like Via I am afraid of heights. Bungee jumping is even braver.

You were so looking forward to this, glad it turned out well. Lolling forward to your poems.
Love to you Sister and God Bless.

the witty pilot in his small Cessna
zipped us above into bright clear blue skies,
squished inside like wearing tight skinny jeans
strapped into a harness that could tell no lies,

roundness of the horizon way up high
as we happily floated among clouds,
slowly scooted forward ready to go
into crispest clean air free of crowds.

there we went and summersaulted away
fastest cloudless freedom as we fell quick,
air rippled my face hard all crinkled up
till we braked with a shoot pull and a click,

fantastic fantasy floated faster
as I pulled on the controls left or right,
enjoyment elated by rushing air
outlines of the Keys islands in my site,

this decided discovered appetite
too soon landed on the Gound with a thump,
but deep inside my heart it was certain
I was addicted to the word called "Jump"

the witty pilot in his small Cessna
zipped us above into bright clear blue skies,
squished inside like wearing tight skinny jeans
strapped into a harness that could tell no lies,

roundness of the horizon way up high
as we happily floated among clouds,
slowly scooted forward ready to go
into crispest clean air free of crowds.

there we went and summersaulted away
fastest cloudless freedom as we fell quick,
air rippled my face hard all crinkled up
till we braked with a shoot pull and a click,

fantastic fantasy floated faster
as I pulled on the controls left or right,
enjoyment elated by rushing air
outlines of the Keys islands in my site,

this decided discovered appetite
too soon landed on the Gound with a thump,
but deep inside my heart it was certain
I was addicted to the word called "Jump"

Hello thenami;

I enjoyed reading your poetry in "the witty pilot in his small Cessna It "flows."

God bless
you, sister, and your family.

Thank you kindly bobinfaith. Sometimes Im choppy, or dont make sense to anyone else but me. Other times I hit the nail with a rubber mallet, and it bounces back. Then I find times when expressing myself everything just falls into place naturally with Godly inspiration. Being myself is the reward, the true beauty of this unique thread, and the wonder of this site that has managed to somehow attract and join writers of all kids. This is the happiness I receive and share.

Love you all, even though we've never met. We are connected by our Father in heaven in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and this site :) That is a holy blessing I appreciate more and more as time passes.

you are always right there inside my mind
helping me made it through this daily grind,
my hopes from childhood fading away
woe oh a little piece gone every day,

I can only see you inside my head
as I grow older until I am dead,
this dream that I dream a little while
gives me the strength on my face to smile,

and my heart cries quietly in sorrow
these thoughts my brain can only borrow,
this bitter sweet beauty like chocolate
feeding my soul softly like a sunset,

I can only see you inside my head
as I grow older until I am dead,
this dream that I dream a little while
woe oh the strength on my face to smile,

though I have never known who Im to greet
I have prayed that one bright day we would meet,
and rejoice with how special it would be
understanding lifes mediocrity,

but alas I see you inside my head
as I grow older this pain I do dread,
this dream that I dream once in a while
that no longer gives me strength to smile~

(some days I miss you more than others... )

I really want to take another road trip before it gets too summer out, and I cant sleep in my Jeep.
Sometime I do have to get back to work and find another job as I quit mine to go to the Keys.
Somewhere in my imagination is a perfect for me place to fast in prayer, and spiritually recharge.
Where that is I dont quite know yet, but Im sure I will figure it out in the near future.

Im welcome to suggestions anywhere within the 48 states I can drive to. A state park or an affordable primitive camping site is ideal.
I need some by myself camping time, as going with my daughter was more of a bonding experience.

I really want to take another road trip before it gets too summer out, and I cant sleep in my Jeep.
Sometime I do have to get back to work and find another job as I quit mine to go to the Keys.
Somewhere in my imagination is a perfect for me place to fast in prayer, and spiritually recharge.
Where that is I dont quite know yet, but Im sure I will figure it out in the near future.

Im welcome to suggestions anywhere within the 48 states I can drive to. A state park or an affordable primitive camping site is ideal.
I need some by myself camping time, as going with my daughter was more of a bonding experience.
You have been to the Keys, so I am out of suggestions.

Ray

In my travels, one of the most serene and beautiful places was waking up under the California Redwoods in Northern California (Humboldt or Mendocino county).
As the mist/dew fell, looking up I could see a bed of changing kaleidoscopic colors, (caused by the rays of the morning sun) majestically floating down from the high tree towers.

The FL Keys will always remain a fave rtm3039, as I have been many times.
I did live in CA. as the father of my children was from San Jose. The redwoods, and the state parks I have been to there are breath taking.
Thats a long way, but travelling across on I-40 is an awesome drive I have not done (all the way through) in many years.
I would actually love doing so. AZ has the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen anywhere on this planet of ours.

Such a long venture might not be in my budget at the time though. I would want to visit a few old friends without feeling like a freeloader.
It would certainly take a lot of planning to be safe as crime is much higher in CA. than around these parts, too.

Lots to consider, and thats why Im asking...

Back