Amazing wonders of the world

Have you seen or been to any?
Lets talk about them, even though none could compare to heaven and what God has planned for us, there are still spectacular sites of beauty in Gods creation.

Some of the ones ive seen and experienced...

Niagara Falls in North America
Fiordland in NZ, amazing Fox and franz Josef glaciers
Rotorua geysers, mudpools and coloured lakes. We used to have the Pink and wHite Terraces which were amazing in their day before an eruption destroyed them all
Giant Kauri trees in Northland, the biggest is called Tane Mahuta
giants causeway in Ireland
loch ness in Scotland
Lagoons and reefs in Tahiti and there is a beautiful island called Moorea just stunning, and Tetiroa which only has birds

Some that I would love to see/experience...

Sydney Harbour in australia
The Grand Canyon in USA
The Nile in egypt
Petra in Jordan
The greek Isles
guilan landscapes in China
Cherry tree blossom in Japan
Tulips in the Netherlands
The Northern or Southern Lights

In US:
Laguna Beach
San Jacinto Mountain
Yosemite Valley
Mount St Helens
Grand Canyon
Petrified Forest
Florida Keys
Magens Bay US Virgin Islands

Outside US:

Newfoundland
Baja California
Smugglers Cove British Virgin Islands

While on a cruise, I had excursions in Belize and Honduras I found the beaches and tourist activities very nice, but I noticed much in the towns and countryside that saddened me.

I have always wanted to see:

Alaskan fjords
Olympic National Park, Washington State
New Zealand
Ireland

In Australia the Pinnacles are pretty amazing. You would think why would anyone travel way out somehwere to see a bunch of rocks, but what spectacular rocks. Its like you are on the moon.

In nz, waitomo caves are pretty awesome especially with the glow worms. Its like seeing stars at night. You go on a boat and gaze up. Gorgeous stalactites and stalagmites.

Hey Lanolin;

I like your thread!

I would like to share two countries that we would love to see/experience...

Auckland, New Zealand. I shared with my wife that I want to take her there and she is slowly beginning to show interest. I told her this would be the furthest we have ever traveled together.

Mauritius, in the Indian Ocean. This is a small island off of South Africa that we have known about for 17 years. I learned about this beautiful island from a client in 2002.

Since we are closing in on retirement together, we are praying for the opportunity to go in the near future.

God bless you all and your family.

In Australia the Pinnacles are pretty amazing. You would think why would anyone travel way out somehwere to see a bunch of rocks, but what spectacular rocks. Its like you are on the moon.

In nz, waitomo caves are pretty awesome especially with the glow worms. Its like seeing stars at night. You go on a boat and gaze up. Gorgeous stalactites and stalagmites.
I'd travel to see a bunch of rocks. Sometimes it's these natural wonders that leave you feeling a sense of astonishment. For me it is at these moments sense God's power the most. His handiwork is amazing. He left us with such a beautiful planet.

I didnt know about the caves but i looked it up. Absolutely breathtaking! Now I am adding it to my list!

Sometimes I look at the travel section in the paper and its got all these places to go, problem is everything has its price and its expensive! (Well for me it is) Baby boomers are the biggest travelers because they are now in retirement age, have the cash and time to go places.

If you do look in the travel section behind each destination is dollar signs.
So LA would be $759 and Fiji $459 and Hawaii $999 thats just the cost of the flight to get to the airport.

Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to be so flush with cash you can just go anywhere and spend it like water, they advertise round the world cruises for $15,549 or something like that with 49 days at sea but apparently going on a cruise is cheaper than actually staying at some retirement villages!

Yep international recreational travel has become the biggest thing. To think that in the last century before cheaper air travel nobody went anywhere unless it was for a good reason cos it would take months and months by ship. Or if they did go it was because they were sent as refugees or as soldiers. Or missionaries.

Nowadays some people can just go to China for the weekend.

Have been watching Joanna Lumelys Silk Road adventure. you can do Silk Road tours, some of the scenery is spectacular and seeing the old caravaransarai andof course the silk being produced by the silkworms, although they actually look like caterpillers to me.

I think What I'd like to see is where chocolate is grown and a chocolate factory. It probably isnt like Roald Dahls book but I imagine it must come from somewhere. Same with cotton fields and sugar and tea plantations. When I first saw pineapples in a plantation I was amazed that they grew on those tiny plants I never really thought about how they were grown.

Wow now for some strange reason now I just just want to go to Kyrgyztan.
And Iran doesnt look to bad either. In Persepolis, people sit round reciting poetry and drinking rosewater.

Though I do think some of the Shahs were over the top on their displays of wealth. I love the gardens in the desert. They all have cooling water fountains. It could be dry and drought ridden everywhere else, but in these gardens they have shade and cooling water.

Cappadocia is also fascinating..with its christian heritage.

Have been talking with some garden tour guides. They go to Japan for cherry blossom festival, art and architecture.
They also take tours to spain and portugal. The Ahlambra is rated as a must see, but I'm keen to see Gaudi's wonderful creations.

I dont suppose its wrong to pray I win lotto and get to go to all these places?

Of course Jerusalem. To see Jesus if he's actually coming soon I want to be there. I was wondering the logistics of everyone going to see Jesus in Jerusalem but now with cheap and faster air travel its actually possible. The eagles (airplanes) are actually going to take us there. So maybe its not how I imagined as a child that we would just grow wings and fly.

Mum wants to go to a live volcano.

At first she mocked me cos I wanted to go see some Redwoods in Rotorua and do a treewalk. Im too old for that sort of thing she said.

And then next thing I know shes asking me how much it is for a helicopter ride to White Island.

?! How is a trip to a live volcano safer than a walk amongst the trees?

I need some prayer for this. I promised her we'd go do something for the school holidays and she asked for a day off. Well she wants to do the most dangerous thing I can imagine.

I have never seen lava flowing. Theres the lava tubes, and some cool cave formations I explored when living in Idaho. There is so much to see here in the U.S. Sometimes it takes a bit for me to have that huge "wow" factor anymore. God created some beautiful things for us to wonder over, and I do enjoy our natural environment. To wonder over a volcano would be an awesome experience in my opinion.

Im hoping to go to a cherry blossom festival in the Waikato ...then I wont need to fly all the way to Japan lol

Ive just left a brochure with mum in hopes she is keen to see that rather than a live volcano and it will be a much safer trip...

The live volcano doesnt seem to spew lava but has lots of steam coming out and sulphur. You can see boiling hot mud in Rotorua its rather amazing.
Some backyards in Auckland because its built on about 50 dormant volcanoes have lava caves in them. Most of the volcanoes are now covered in grass or trees and other vegetation.

I booked for mum and me to go visit Rotorua, we got a good deal and I'm hoping to see some thermal parks I havent seen before, one called Orakei Korako - the hidden valley.

Its got everything, geysers, mudpools, caves, terraces, lakes, forest, a boardwalk, river, waterfalls...

It was wonderful I would go back there again cos there was so much to see and do. The redwoods are amazing they are the tallest trees of their kind in the world, that forest had one that was 75m high, underneath grew our native tree ferns they seemed real happy there and it was so nice to breathe in the fresh air and earth.

You could go at night and also walk on suspended bridges but we just walked during the day on the ground to see everything. You could ride your bike only I didnt bring mine on the trip. If they banned dogs in that forest im sure we ould have seen more birds and kiwis.

The thermal parks (we went to several) are amazing I would go back another time and see them It so interesting to be on earth where its so active and steam just coming off the lake, one thats neat is called the champagne pool, and geysers that erupt every hour or so, forming terraces in different colours. The thermal pools you can bathe in have minerals that are really good for you skin and nice and hot.

I got a discount to go in one attraction they let me in for free! Cos I asked what the prices were for kiwis and senior citizens so the cashier said she would give me an infant ticket as I was taking my mum we would only pay half what it would normally cost.

I was thinking today that .auckland might have been like Rotorua hundreds of years ago when the volcanoes were still active.

Rose Gardens in Te Awamutu are world famous apparently.

Lol. Roses look pretty healthy and smell good. The wonder is that they do so cos roses are hard work!

Also the tree church in Ohaupo. Yes a church made out of trees. It has dublin bay roses climbing up it too. Even got a church bell.

The wonderful thing about it is people come from all over the world who may not even be believers and want to get married there. Any other church they would be like no, We dont want to get married in that one. But this one looks alright for wedding photos, as it doesnt have a sign at the entrance saying NO SMOKING. PRIVATE KEEP OUT! Or NO PARKING! Church business only.

And theres no sound system, no guitars and drum kit near the pulpit what you can actually hear is birds singing while you get married.

The other amazing wonder of the world is spring.

I have a cousin that lives in Christchurch, that is a retired organic egg farmer. I always wanted to visit New Zealand, but never made it.
Other things in life seemed to occupy my time. Now I have the desire, but arthritis pain keeps me from being able to physically handle long flights.
That tree church you speak of is about 600 miles from where he lives. Talk about the church not being a building; that must be one spiritual place to feel one with our Father in heaven.

Back