ANGEL STUDY

ANGEL STUDY.......Angels Protect

Genesis 19:10-11..........
"But the men (Angels) put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door."

2 Kings 6:15-17...........
"And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."

FAITHFUL ANGELS ALSO DEAL WITH UNSAVED PEOPLE.

Exodus 12:29...........
"“And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle."

Genesis 19:13.........
"For we ( the 2 angels in verse #1) will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it."

2 Kings 19:35...........
"And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the Lord went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses."

ANGELS WILL JUDGE THE EARTH IN THE TRIBULATION

Revelation 7:1...........
"And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree."

Revelation 8:2..........
"And I saw the seven angels which stood before God and to them were given seven trumpets".

Revelation 18:1...........
"and after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. "

ANGEL STUDY..........#8

THE UN-FAITHFUL ANGELS

First thing we need to do is settle on what we call them. Some people call them the "Un-Faithful Angels. OK.
Some call them "Demons". OK as well. Some call them "Devils". That too is OK. Some call them "Evil Angels". That works too.

Angels were created with "Freedom of Choice" just as YOU were. We know that because Lucifer was able to lead one third (1/3) of the angels in heaven in a revolt against God.

On the sixth day of creation, God declared everything to be “very good” in Genesis 1:31. By that we can then know that “everything” includes angels, so then there would be NO un-faithful angels at that time.

Obviously then, Sometime after that, Satan rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven. Jesus witnessed the event in Luke 10:18......
“I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven”.

In Isaiah 14:7, there appears to be a secondary spiritual lesson v=being drawn and if it is a secondary spiritual character in view, then the descriptions could be quite literal. There God is pronouncing judgment on both “kings of Babylon”—the human king and the spiritual potentate who empowers him (Babylon being a symbol of rebellion from Genesis to Revelation). The wonderment of Isaiah 14:12 .....
“How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!” could indeed have a dual interpretation which lead us to believe it is about Satan.

The passage that best supports the idea that Satan took one third of the angels with him in rebellion is Revelation 12:3-4
where
John sees a sign in heaven: .........
“An enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth.”

John then relates that the dragon was hurled down to the earth and positively identifies it as “that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray” in 1 Rev. 12:9. The dragon is not thrown to earth alone, however: ........
“His angels were cast out with him” (verse 9).

The angels that are ejected from heaven with Satan we associate with the “third of the stars” that the dragon’s tail swept from heaven to earth in verse 4.

From the Scriptures we can see that the Faithful angels are called HOLY and ELECT and the Un-Faithful angels are called demons, and or devils.

THE NAMES OF SOME OF THE DEMONS ARE: SHEDIM

Deuteronomy 32:17..............
"They sacrificed unto (1) * (2) devils, not to God: to gods whom they knew not, to new gods, that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.”
(1). Shedim (Hebrew: שֵׁדִים; singular: שֵׁד Shed)[3] are spirits or demons in the Tanakh and Jewish mythology.
(2). Shedim (Jewish Talmud translates the word "devils" as Shedim.
It is said in that production that the SHEDIM are hairy and horned wild demons.

Leviticus 17:7...........
"And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto devils, after whom they have gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for ever unto them throughout their generations. "

2 Chronicles 11:15...........
"And he ordained him priests for the high places, and for the devils, and for the calves which he had made."

2 Kings 23:8..........
"And he brought all the priests out of the cities of Judah, and defiled the high places where the priests had burned incense, from Geba to Beersheba, and brake down the high places of the gates(SEIRIM) that were in the entering in of the gate of Joshua the governor of the city, which were on a man's left hand at the gate of the city."

Isaiah 13:21.............
"But wild beasts of the desert (SEIRIM) shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. "

LEGION

Mark 5:9...........
"And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many."

"for we are many:" = as a Roman legion did consist of many, though its number was not always alike: in the time of Romulus, a legion consisted of three thousand foot, and three hundred horse; afterwards, when the city was, increased, of six thousand foot, and six hundred horse; sometimes it was six thousand and two hundred foot, and three hundred horse; sometimes four thousand foot, and three hundred horse; sometimes five thousand foot, and three hundred horse. Some make a legion to consist of six thousand six hundred sixty six; and others make it much larger, even twelve thousand five hundred: however, the number in a legion was many; hence the word is retained among the Jews. The point is clear..........A LOT!

ELILIM

Psalms 96:5..............
"For all the gods of the nations (1) are idols: but the Lord made the heavens. 6 Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary."
(1) ELILIM = Hebrew - This word means “idol; gods; nought (nothing); vain.

GAD

Isaiah 65:11..............
"But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop (GAD), and that furnish the drink offering unto that number."
GAD = Hebrew word, Strong's 5800c......a foreign god of fortune.

QETER

Psalm's 91:6............
"Nor for the pestilence (QETER) that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday".

ABADDON

Job 28:22.....................
"Destruction and death (ABADDON) say, We have heard the fame thereof with our ears.
Hebrew word - see Rev. 9:11

Revelation 9:11
"And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon."

Many years ago when I was at a 7th Degree meeting initiation of the East and West degrees of Masonry, after the candidates competed their work, they were given a secret password and it was ............."ABADDON"!...........Hmmmmm. Does that sound like something Christians should be involved in.

LEGION

Mark 5:9...........
"And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many."

I used to wonder why they were called legion.

It’s like when I mess up and the thought” I’m stupid comes to mind… then loads more thoughts and feelings push and shove there way in..

“I’ll never be able to do this”
“Your not good enough”
“It’s not worth it” etc…

Good stuff M.

You may just get that love offering for Christmas😊

I used to wonder why they were called legion.

It’s like when I mess up and the thought” I’m stupid comes to mind… then loads more thoughts and feelings push and shove there way in..

“I’ll never be able to do this”
“Your not good enough”
“It’s not worth it” etc…

Good stuff M.

You may just get that love offering for Christmas😊

As a follow up.......it might be helpful to remember that when the demon in Mark 5 said that its name was Legion, it meant that the demoniac of the Gerasene's was possessed by a large number of unclean spirits.

Just for proper perspective, Scripture does not say exactly how many demons comprised the Legion within the man. However, when Jesus cast them out, they entered a herd of pigs feeding nearby. Legion caused the pigs to rush down a hillside and into the sea, where they were all drowned in Mark 5:13.

Now the interesting thing to note is that the number of pigs killed was “about two thousand.” That detail suggests that Legion was composed of about two thousand demons. The large number of demons may account for the afflicted man’s untamable nature and great strength.

There is one other mention of a “legion” in the context of spirit beings, this time of good angels. When Jesus was being arrested, Peter pulled out a sword and wounded a nearby member of the mob. Jesus healed the wound in Matthew 26:51 and told Peter to put away his sword. The Lord reminded Peter that, if He needed help, He could have God send “more than twelve legions of angels” (verse 53).

That might total 60,000 angels, but the exact number wasn’t the point Jesus was making. Rather, it was to remind the terrified disciples that God is always in control of all circumstances, even during the horrible injustice of the murder of His own Son.

Please keep all of this valuable information in mind when you are considering a "love Offering"!;);)😁

ANGEL STUDY #8 Continued......." Other Names of Un-Faithful Angels"

Now that we have understood that the Un-Faithful angels have proper names, lets consider what OTHER names that they are referred to as.

THE DEVILS ANGELS

Matthew 25:41...............
“ Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the "devil and his angels".

Revelation 12:9.............
“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

ANGELS WHICH KEPT NOT THEIR 1ST ESTATE

1 Peter 2:4......................
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment".

Jude 6.............................
"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

FAMILIAR SPIRITS

Deuteronomy 18:11....
"Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead."

Isaiah 8:19......................
"And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? "

God warns us to stay away from "Spirits". One has to ask at this point WHY??????????

Simply because there is a power involved with them and that power is evil and Satanic and leads to confusion, death both spiritually and physically!!!!

Now pay attention.....I KNOW that there are those reading these words who think that they can discern a good angel from a fallen angel.
Allow me to speak to those people in clear, understandable country boy English......YOU are deceived! YOU are wrong. YOU do not know!!! There is NO ONE able to discern a good angel from a demon. That is WHY GOD SAID to seek only Him, Christ and the Holy Spirit and not angels.

UNCLEAN SPIRITS

Matthew 10:1..........
"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease."

Mark 1:27.................
"And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him."

Mark 1:23-24...........
'And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, 24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us?"

Please notice and understand that demons/unclean spirts have the ability to perform miracles. We live in a world today that is more concerned with what God can do for them instead of what they can do for God.

As soon as we see something we can not explain......we call it a miracle from God!!! Well, the fact is that Satan can do miracles to get our eyes off of Jesus and onto himself. When that happens.........Satan wins and the problem is that it is so prevalent in our churches today....we do not even notice it.

EVIL SPIRITS

Luke 7:21.....................
"And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight."

SEDUCING SPIRITS

1 Timothy 4:1...................
"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."

WICKED SPIRITS

Luke 11:26 .................
"Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. "

Again..........Please feel free to add to and comment on anything posted.

Many years ago when I was at a 7th Degree meeting initiation of the East and West degrees of Masonry, after the candidates competed their work, they were given a secret password and it was ............."ABADDON"!...........Hmmmmm. Does that sound like something Christians should be involved in.
I had heard that the Scottish rite of freemasons were started in the United States by Alistair Crowley , who in an interview confessed that they were ultimately luciferians. When I was approached by a freemason to join them, I told him about this and he looked shocked and said "You aren't supposed to know about that!"

I had heard that the Scottish rite of freemasons were started in the United States by Alistair Crowley , who in an interview confessed that they were ultimately luciferians. When I was approached by a freemason to join them, I told him about this and he looked shocked and said "You aren't supposed to know about that!"

Masonry was in the USA a long time before Alistair Crowley. Crowely was a sex addict and drug addict as well as an Occultist! That is all well documented. From what I can remember without doing any work on this, is that I do not recall him being a Freemason. He was a lot of things, but I do not think the Masonic lodge ever recognized him as a member.

There are a LOT of things we are not supposed to know about the Masonic lodge. Most Christians have been told that it is a higher step in their growth as a Christian. The fact is just the opposite........it is a step away from Christ.

The Masonic oath says that " its Own god The Masonic Lodge has its own inoffensive, politically correct god who is known as ‘the great architect of the universe’ (G.A.O.T.U.) or ‘the supreme being.’ Masonry boasts that every Mason can approach this god, regardless of his religion, in the “neutral” atmosphere of the Lodge-room.

Now......go to a Muslim country which has a Masonic lodge and declare that Jesus is the Messiah the Christ of God and see what happens.

ANGELS WHICH KEPT NOT THEIR 1ST ESTATE

1 Peter 2:4......................
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment".

Jude 6.............................
"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Major, could you expound on these angels and their punishment as opposed to Legion who were not chained in darkness. What is "kept not their first estate", and what sin did they commit to be cast to hell? Not all of the fallen angels were bound in chains and reserved unto judgement.

That detail suggests that Legion was composed of about two thousand demons. The large number of demons may account for the afflicted man’s untamable nature and great strength.
They obviously affected his nature, actually controlled his personality. This begs the question: if they can control his mind and speech and even increase his strength, what other changes could they cause? Change his DNA?
When King Saul had an evil spirit, was this also maybe just one demon possessing him? I believe it is recorded in 1 Samuel 16

They obviously affected his nature, actually controlled his personality. This begs the question: if they can control his mind and speech and even increase his strength, what other changes could they cause? Change his DNA?
When King Saul had an evil spirit, was this also maybe just one demon possessing him? I believe it is recorded in 1 Samuel 16

Now I am not the one to ask. I do not have a degree in biology or science. However, from what I can find on this subject, it is clear that
human DNA is immutable to change. It is what it is and a "spiritual" condition has no being on "physical" DNA. Now you may have different information but that is what I found.

Major, could you expound on these angels and their punishment as opposed to Legion who were not chained in darkness. What is "kept not their first estate", and what sin did they commit to be cast to hell? Not all of the fallen angels were bound in chains and reserved unto judgement.
Thanks for asking brother................
The Strong's for this is:
arche....#G756/a commencement or conrete chief, time or rank or place, beginning, or corner and 1st magistrate with power and rule.

In other words, it means they gave up their rank or position, in addition to their "habitation" (residence) in exchange for some wicked thing they desired. Now, as a result, they are enjoying their 2nd estate--in chains.

Their sin IMHO was the rebellion to God. Now allow me to give you another thought.

2 Peter 2:4-5 reads “For if God did not spare angels [literally translated as prophets, messengers] when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly. . . .”

In one breath Peter speaks of Noah as a preacher and of the “angels” who fell. MEN. Angles here = MEN in Jude 6.

You see, no matter how hard we work at it, the angelic-human marriage/sex interpretation is to be rejected because it is irrelevant to the context and because it completely contradicts our Lord’s statement than angels do not marry. We will have to totally remove Matthew 22:30 from the Bible if we go down that path.

ANGEL STUDY....#9--- DEMONS

The word "Demon" is actually translated as "Devil" 75 times in the Greek New Test.

They are real incorporeal beings. The thing that binds all of these entities together under one roof is that they all rebelled against God and were removed from His presence. They are eveil in nature and are loyal to Satan. One of the worst mistakes anyone can make is to underestimate or think that YOU can overcome them in your own strength.

Now, where did they come from?

Some say that they are the spirits of people who have died that were very wicked while alive here on the earth. Biblically speaking, that is absolutely impossible! The Bible says that the dead un-saved are in Hades in "torments".

Psalms 9:17...........
"The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."

Luke 16:23.............
" "And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom".

Rev. 20:15............
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."

Another thSo it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[a]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.eory is that they are a race of beings that were on the earth before Adam and Eve. Again, Biblically speaking.....
there is absolutely NO support for this theory either. The Bible says that Adam was the FIRST man!

1 Corth. 15:45............
"So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit."

Then we have the much debated idea that we have discussed from Genesis 6 that demons are the spirits from the sexual union of fallen angels and human women. I have tried to show you from the Bible from Matthew 22:30 that GOD SAID that angels are ASEXUAL and in no way could have mated with human women.

Please, note that NO WHERE in the Bible is there a record or even a suggestion of an Angel having male sexual organs. Or female for that matter.

So, simply said, DEMONS is just another name for UN-FAITHFUL Angels. They sinned in that they rebelled against God and choose Satan.

Now then..........why do YOU think that there is so much confusion over Demons?

Personally.........I believe that it says that people in general would rather believe what they see and here on TV and in the movies then what God says. WE....People watch TV shows about ghosts and demons and spirits and allow them to convince us that THEIR OPINIONS are more accurate than is the Word of God. IMHO..........THAT is exactly why the world is in the state that it is in. DARKNESS!

Allow me to give you some examples:...........
CASPER ---"The Friendly Ghost".
Since there is NO SUCH thing as a ghost, how then can it be friendly or not friendly??/ PERCEPTION!

CHARMED
THREE good demons (?) are fighting the rest of hells evil demons. Folks.....there is NO SUCH thing as GOOD and BAD Demons. PERCEPTION!

GHOST DAD
Several movies fit this catagory. A person has died and God sends them back to do good deeds in order to meet some goal. (Purgatory).
Listen folks......Dead is Dead! PERCEPTION!

All of these are done to instill into our shallow minds the thought that there is a SECOND CHANCE ! That is 100% Catholic theology. PERGATORY. They picture Demons and their activity as GOOD and ghosts as being spirits that just hang around looking for something to do. PERCEPTION !

What are your thoughts on people ,who claim they can see and\or talk to the dead? Saul sought out just such a person to speak with Samuel. I think they are speaking to the demons you are talking about now. Including Saul.

What are your thoughts on people ,who claim they can see and\or talk to the dead? Saul sought out just such a person to speak with Samuel. I think they are speaking to the demons you are talking about now. Including Saul.

My thoughts.........very foolish.

Agreed! All we know clearly from Scripture is that what Saul was doing was absolutely forbidden by God because it was an example of the act of necromancy, of trying to communicate with the dead.

ANGEL STUDY #10--------"THE ACTIVITIES OF DEMONS"

#1. Demons always try to thwart the work of God.

Daniel 10:13....
"But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me: and I remained there with the kings of Persia."

The angel was trying to deliver an answer to Daniels prayer. The demon held the angel up for 21 days.

Revelation 16:13-16...........
'And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. 15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.'

#2. Demons Extend The Authority of Satan

Ephesians 6:11-12.............
'Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

#3. Demons Can Inflict Diseases

Matthew 9:32................
" As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil."

Mark 9:25.......................
"When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him."

Luke 13:11......................
"And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. "

#4. Demons Spread False Doctrine

1 Timothy 4:1-3..............
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

"Departing from the faith" = LEAVING! It is the deliberate and permanent rejection of Christ which is and always has been the goal of Satan.

Thise who leave the faith are ones who at one time professed to hold the truth, but have now departed from it. Listen carefully...........
There can not be an apostasy in Paganism because they have never professed the faith in the 1st place!!!

They never came to Christ so they can not leave what they have never had. What cause anyone to "fall away"????????????

A. Was it because they became better educated?
B. Was it because of some scientific discovery?
C. Was it because they came into a lot of money?
D. Was it because they lost a loved one to death?

NO-NO-NO-NO!

The Bible Scripture I just posted says that some will FALL AWAY from the faith because they "gave heed to seducing spirits = Demons".

Friends......I wish I did not have to say this, but the older I have become, and the more I have seen, the more suspicious I have grow of the pious-super duper know it all saints who claim to know more than everone else or that have something special no one else has.

I have seen that kind come into the church, stie up others, never listen to Bible doctrine or Bible truth, and all od a sudden............POOF, they are gone! How can you know them?? WATCH and LISTEN! When they reject Bible doctrine........Mark Them!

Allow me to give you an example..........Sally Ann during Sunday Bible class tells her class that she is going over to the "Spiritualist Camp" that afternoon for a "READING". Now the Bible teacher then read to her Deuteronomy18 that says we are to have nothing to do with the Occult, witches, necromancy and talking to the dead. Sally then says..........."Well I will have to think about it" ---NO SHE DOSEN'T!
GOD'S WORD CONDMNS IT AND THAT IS THE END OF THE CONVERSATION!

Another example that will really get you steamed............An old fashioned preacher who believes the Word of God tells you that Disney is deep in the OCCULT. Most will say...........I DO NOT CARE. Disney produces wholesome, family, clean entertainment so I am going and I do not care what YOU say.
Others will say......People who bash Disney see the occult or Satan around every corner. Christians need to learn how to lighten up and enjoy themselves once and a while.

Fact..........In all of Disney World, there is NOT ONE Church of any kind.
Fact..........The entire theme of the park is magic.
Fact.......... From Snow White in 1938, to the 2022 to the life story of the witch Maleficent, almost every Disney film has some type of witch.
Fact...........In Disney’s Little Mermaid, Ariel signs a contract with the evil witch Ursula.
Fact...........Pocahontas converted to Christianity, but in Disney movie, she visited a temple to consult with demonic pagan ‘nature’ god.

Deuteronomy 18:9-12
"When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

But is is just good family entertainment, why dont YOU just shut up! It is not me that is the problem.
BUT........I or that old preacher did not say anything. ALL he did is READ the Word of God, believe it and yell it!

ANGEL STUDY ----Page #10

"WHERE ARE DEMONS TODAY"

I best as I can figure out, there are TWO ( 2 ) classes of demons today.
1. Un-chained.
2. Chained.

A. The UN-Chained Demons

Ephesians 6:12...........
"“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places .”

Revelation 12:7-9.......
"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

The enemy we fight today is spiritual! The war we fight is spiritual and that is why it is so hard to get the average Christian to see and understand what is going on all around them.

That is exactly why we see some people say........."Halloween is just a fun family day"
They do do see it because they are not spiritually discerned!

Notice Ephesians 6:12 again........"WE FIGHT"!........That my friends means hand to hand combat! There are demons all around us. There are spiritual forces working against the Church, God and YOU!

Not only that, but these spiritual forces are PRGANIZED. Again, in Ephesians 6 Paul calls our attention to "PRICIPALITIES".

Those are demons who have the oversight of certain areas and location and even nations. They have rank from privates to Generals.
They are well organized who manipulate the world even as you read this study in front of you. Make NO mistake here.................
Satan is the cause of every heartbreak, every tear, every pain, every illness and every death.

You may not remember this and you may not have any respect for President George Bush. He was the President of the USA in 2007. He is a committed born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ regardless of your politics. Now in the summer of 2007, the President of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez stood in front of the world at the United Nations and gave a speech.

He said of the President of the USA, a BORN AGAIN Christian............"I can smell the scent of burning sulfer from Mr. Bush's presence here". He of course was calling Mr. Bush a demon! This is THE perfect example of a man who is being directed by demonic forces.

Now I know what some of you will say and you are welcome to say it, but if I had been Mr. Bush, when I heard that, I would have gone to the podium at the UN, walked up to Mr. Chavez and ...........................................!

The real tragedy is that some people in the crowd applauded.

B. CHAINED DEMONS

These are demons that have NO freedom at this time. They are in Hades, the "Torments" side of Sheol/Hell.

2 Peter 2:4...........
“For if God spared not the Angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment”.

Jude 6..................
"And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day".

Apparently, the rebellious nature of these fallen angels is so great that they do not have freedom of movement any longer.
When we go to the Sceiptures we find that not only are some demons chained in Hell, but some are in the "bottomless pit".

Luke 8:31............
""And the demons besought him,(Christ) that he would not command them to go out into the deep."

The "Deep" is the bottomless pit or the ABYSS.

Revelation 9:1-2 & 11.......
"And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit."

11) " And the demons had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon."

As you can see.....this Scripture validates the teaching that demons have different ranks among themselves.

Then in the Revelation we also see that some demons are bound in the Euphrates River.
Revelation 9:14.............
“Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.”

I think that it is important to grasp that these FOUR demons are chained in this area! WHY this location you ask????????

1. This is the location of the Garden of Eden
2. This is where man was created
3. This is where sin came into the world.
4. This is where the 1st murder took place
5. This is where the 1st war was fought
6. This is where the flood began
7. This is where the Tower of Babel was
8. This is the where the original Babylon was
9. This is where the final surge of sin will spring from

The Euphrates River is actually the geographical dividing line between East and West. It is the river that kept the hordes from the East from spilling over into the West but it will not be the case when the river is dried up in the Revelation.

This is where Satan will make his last stand and it seems that thses FOUR demons will be the key players in that event.

ANGEL STUDY #11

Do We Have Guardian Angels Today???

Earlier in this study, I said that I would talk about "Guardian Angels" for Christians today. Here then is that moment.

Psalms 91:11............
“For he shall give his Angels charge over thee: to keep thee in all thy ways.”

At first reading that seems to confirm that God will protect His people with angels.

Matthew 18:10...........
" Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven."

Doctor Luke also has some insight on this subject for in Acts 12:15 he writes...........
" And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel. "

Then in Hebrews 1:14 we see.............
“Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them, who shall be heirs of salvation?”

Now, my observation and experience has been that Christians WANT to have a guardian angel. We will then do or manufacture whatever we need to to make it happen. So............having said that, lets do some "deep" study and find the truth.

1st......consider with me Psalms 91:11 that we posted. When you read it, we should have seen a RED light blinking at us.
ALWAYS read the entire passage when doing Bible study. Never ever read ONE verse and stop simply because we goth what we wanted. CONTEXT is always the right teacher.

Now lets read Psalms 91:12, the very next verse.........

“They (Angels) shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.”

This Scripture is CONTEXTUALLY abour the Messiah...Jesus.

Sound familiar???? It should. Matthew 4:6..............
" And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone."

Again.........Messiah Jesus, not You and me.

Satan's 1st try to temp Jesus was to focus on the role of an angel. Satan believed that Jesus would take them out of context about what they do not whether they exist or not! Existence is not the issue!

Some will argue that angels are found all through the Old Test. Now there is something very important that I want you to grasp today. It will open the door of your understanding and make the Scriptures REAL to you in a special way.

THE LAW OF FIRST MENTION

The law of first mention says that, to understand a particular word or doctrine, we must find the first place in Scripture that word or doctrine is revealed and study that passage. The reasoning is that the Bible’s first mention of a concept is the simplest and clearest presentation; doctrines are then more fully developed on that foundation. So, to fully understand an important and complex theological concept, Bible students are advised to start with its “first mention.”

OK, now with that in mind lets read Genesis 16:7-9..............
"And the angel of the Lord found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur. 8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai’s maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai. 9 And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands."

This is the FIRST time that the phrase....:ANGEL OF THE LORD" is used. Therefore, it has the "Law of First Mention" applied to it.

That means that the fundamental meaning of the original occurrence will always be the dominate understanding.

So the, having understood that, lets go to Genesis 16:9 and consider this ANGEL..........
" And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.”

He is much more than an angel! This ANGEL is in fact GOD. This angel is the Pre-Incarnant Christ, the Lord Jesus.
This is called a "CHRISTOPHANY" which is a VISABLE MAIFSTATION OF DIETY!

Now, does that mean that EVERY time we see "The Angel of The Lord" it is in fact mean Christ" NO!

It means that we apply the Law of First Mention to see if it is Christ. CONTEXT will determine who the angel is. Allow me to list the Scriptures in the Old Test. that refer to the Angel of the Lord as the pre-incarnant Christ...........
Genesis 16:7-9 Judges 6:22
Genesis 21:17 Haggai 1:13
Genesis 22:14 Judges 13:18-22
Exodus 3:4-6 Malachi 3:1
Zechariah 1:8-11

As you can see, Christ came many times to the earth to give advice and direction and encouragment before He was physcially born of the virgin Mary at His incarnation.

NOW...........Do you thin that anything has changed????......YES ---THE CHURCH IS VISIBLE!

We live in the Church Age today. IT, the Church is the vehicle that God has set up that shows all men how to come to God
and be saved. Every single person who places their faith in Jesus Crist for the remission of their sins becomes a member in God's church.

Now.......do you then believe that YOU need an angel to help you??? To give you directions??? To teach you????

Romans 8:26..........
"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

God says in His Bible that it is the Holy Spirit of God that helps us!!! Jesus also had something to say about this in............
John 14:26.........
" But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

John 15:26..........
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me".

Now, since the Holy Spirit wrote the Word of God, He is the one who can better teach it to us. The Old Test. saints did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that we have today.

I am trying to answer the question of........"Do we have guardian angels today?"

IMHO............NO!.

Now, without question, someone will say......what about Hebrews 1:14 Major??????????
"Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

See, we DO have guardian angels!!!

Now, LOOK at that Scripture. Does it say that YOU, a Christian, a born again member of God's church has a guardian angel? NO!

It literally says........"sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

What is the name of the book this Scripture is in HEBREWS! It was written to HEBREWS-JEWS!
JEWS are the "Heirs" of salvation. An heir is one chosen to receive an inheritance but has not yet received it!
The Chruch is the HOME of the saved which means we have received God's salvation, the Jews have not until they come to Jesus the Christ!

I just finished reading Daniel. In Daniel 12 verse 1 mentions Michael the "great prince"
ANGEL STUDY --- Page 6......The Classes of Angels.

According to the Scriptures, there are THREE (3) classes of Angels.

1. ARCHANGELS.

Now hold on. Remember, I am speaking to you out of the KJV of the Bible and nothing else. If you search the internet (Which is always right) you will find every number from 1 to infinity as to the number of "Arch Angels". However, I am only and specifically concerned with what the Bible actually says and NOT what you have heard or been taught.

Now, 1st of all, what does the name, "ARCHANGEL" mean?????

The name Archangel means "chief" angel and there is only one chief. One boss, one leader, one CEO. Again, watch this closely, You will never find the term archangel in the plural form in the KJV of the Holy Bible.

You see, we Humans like to make things up about the Bible and that is a very dangerous thing to do. It is also dangerous not to investigate the numerous inventions added to the Bible’s accounts. So that is why I stick with the original!

So, with that said and understood, then I ask, HOW MANY ARCH ANGELS ARE THERE?????? ---------ONE!

The ONLY angel in all of the Scriptures to be called an "Archangel" is Michael in Jude 9.
" Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Michael is spoken of as the "Great Prince" who protects God's people the Jews.

Daniel 10:13..........
"But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia."

Daniel 9:21...........
“But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.”

In Daniel 12:1 he is seen standing up for the nation of Israel during the Tribulation period...........
“And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.”

Then in Revelation 12:7-8 he is seen fighting Satan...........
"And there was war in heaven: Michael and (notice-HIS) his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

But that was not the 1st time. Jude 9 says that he fought Satan over the body of Moses...........
"Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

So, we are confident that MICHAEL is indeed the Archangel of God with considerable power and authority.

Now, allow me to speak to you who have always been taught that GABERIAL is an Archangel. YES......Gaberial is prominent throughout the Scriptures. BUT HE IS NEVER CALLED AN ARCHANGEL.

The amount of time that Gaberial is mentioned is just too much to list here, but you are welcome to find them in your Bible and confirm.

Daniel 8:16
Daniel 9:21
Matt. 1:20
Matt. 2:13
Luke 1:19
Luke 1:26
Luke 22:43
Acts 8:26
Acts 10:3
Acts 12:7
Acts 12:23
1 Thess. 4:16

With all of those Scriptures, our brain says, Gaberial must be an Archangel. However, that is NOT what the Bible actually does say!!!!!

Hello Major;

I'd like to add that in my personal study I just finished Daniel and learned something new. In Daniel chapter 12 verse 1, Michael the Archangel is also the great prince. I always looked at Michael only as the Archangel but after digging a little deeper on him being the great prince, it was God appointing Michael as a spiritual guardian over Israel.

Now when I reflect on Daniel he is also explained visions by Gabriel in chapters 8:15-26 and 9:21-27.

Daniel is protected by these two angels. How much more can we also be protected when we are doing the Lord's work?

I just finished reading Daniel. In Daniel 12 verse 1 mentions Michael the "great prince"

Hello Major;

I'd like to add that in my personal study I just finished Daniel and learned something new. In Daniel chapter 12 verse 1, Michael the Archangel is also the great prince. I always looked at Michael only as the Archangel but after digging a little deeper on him being the great prince, it was God appointing Michael as a spiritual guardian over Israel.

Now when I reflect on Daniel he is also explained visions by Gabriel in chapters 8:15-26 and 9:21-27.

Daniel is protected by these two angels. How much more can we also be protected when we are doing the Lord's work?

I agree. Daniel’s people are the Jews.

Michael is the only angel referred to as an "Arch" angel.

He stands up for Israel. IMHO........we as Christians today have the Holy Spirit...God who is our source of strength and protection.

ANGEL STUDY #12............MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT ANGELS.

DO ANGELS HAVE WINGS?
NO! It seems from the Scriptures that they do indeed fly, but there is nothing said about swings.

That is simply man thinking that flying must involve wings which is ADDING TO the Word of God.

DO CHERBIM AND SERAPHIM HAVE WINGS?
YES!. ---Ezekiel 10:20-21

DO ANGELS HAVE HALO'S AROUND THEM?
NO!
There is No record in the Bible of a halo.

ARE THERE LITTLE CHILDREN ANGELS ?
NO!
Angels are created beings whose number has not grown or diminished since their creation. For there to be angels who are "children" there would have to be procreation and the Bible says in Matthe 22:30 that ALL Angels are ASEXUAL.

HOW MANY FEMALE ANGELS ARE THERE?
NONE!
There is NO record in the Bible of a female angel.

ARE THERE CHRISTIANS WHO BECOME ANGELS WHEN THEY DIE BECAUSE OF THEIR GOOD WORKS?
NO!
Humans who are "saved-born again", will receive a GLORIFIED body just like Jesus did.

SHOULD WE BE CARFUL ABOUT ANGELS TODAY?
YES!
Demons have and still do camouflage themselves as angels of light. Those who are not "spiritually decerned" will be deceived.

SHOULD ANGELS BE WORSHIPPED OR VENERATED
NO!
ONLY God is to be worshipped. Satan can, has and will trick and fool any one of us. Remember, a GOOD angel will not accept worship!!

Allow me to close this study with some advice from God's Word in Romans 15:4-6...........
" For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Feel free to post any comment that you have. I did this to educate and not to argue with anyone. You are welcome to disagree.

Back