Are Our Days Numbered?

If God didn't know exactly how long each of us would live, before he created us, could we really call him all knowing? If nothing happens outside of the will of God, then how can he not know? IMHO

He knows exactly how and when but this does not necessitate He made it happen precisely at this time....a person decides to drive drunk and kills someone...GOd knew it but He did not direct that persons car into that person...

Now He may use this tragic event to work also in the driver to bring them to repentance....but in the beginning (Genesis 1:28) it is written that as a blessing to mankind )it was His sovereignly determined plan) He gave us dominion (the power to rule, the one's who have been delegated this authority) over the things on the earth...it is a great responsibility and Adam, when he obeyed the serpent, gave him the deed to the ranch so to speak...this is why God did not just intervene directly (as He is faithful to His promise) and had to come as a man....only by a man taking back the dominion of the realm would God have been just and true to Himself.

Now because of Christ, we who are the children of God, have that dominion restored...we can only succeed under His Lordship

Here's something interesting to ponder:
John 9
New King James Version (NKJV)
Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 I[a] must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; thenight is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

I think that this tells us that not every injustice we suffer is necessarily punishment for sin. Some of it is for God's use and glory.

"He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will,"
"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son"
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
Not only that, but Rebekah’s children were conceived at the same time by our father Isaac.11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d]13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”
What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patiencethe objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory

Man is not predestinated to be saved or lost; rather, Jesus was the predestinated One: the predestinated Savior, and we are saved in Him: or lost without Him.

Are our days numbered by God before we are born or is there no set time? Does our time change based on circumstances and actions?
Ex 20:12 Honor your father and your mother (X): that your days may be long upon the land (Y) which the LORD your God gives you.

Note the X leads to Y. X is in our hands. How is it not?

Strife in a marriage can cause the prayers of the couple to be hindered: and that could bring about a multitude of problems.

And death of children. I had a case like this with a women I was working with. Fear and strife.I got the boys dog after.

God does not determine our length of days. We do.

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
(Pro 3:1-2)

1Ki 3:14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

For it is not a vain thing for you; because it is your life: and through this thing ye shall prolong your days in the land, whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.
(Deu 32:47)

What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
(Psa 34:12-13)

Deu 30:19

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Choosing to fear things is Anti-Blessing. It's choosing death. It is impossible fear and choose the blessings of God. I have a few stories how fear in parents ended up killing the children.

One I had my friend ask me why her Christian friend had just recently died in a car wreak. Her friend always went to church, was obedient and she was really bothered by this.

Well, we got to ask God about this stuff. He knows, we just don't give some pat answer with scriptures. Monkeys can do that.

So I asked the Lord and he Spoke to me. He said because of her Mother. I needed some more explanation than that. Then I knew, You know how God can just in a seconded get the whole thing over to you.

I said, Have you ever heard her mother talk about car crashes and how she always warned her daughter and called constantly when she would drive? My friend said..... That is it. In fact every time her daughter would get in a car, she would start praying to God that nothing happened to her daughter.

Horrible parenting. Praying out of fear is deadly, just ask Job.

Like telling your kid to look both ways before they cross the street or they could be hit and killed by a car. No, Look both ways so your Angel does not have crunch someones car protecting you.

I sort of met my Daughters angel, amazing. As we know, Angels only harken to the voice of God's word. Words of fear tie their hands.

Everyone be blessed!!! That means you.

I don't understand verse 3
In the eyes of faith the fall of man, the sin of man, is just a place where Gods glory can be manifest. Where sin abounds grace does much more abound. It is in mans weakness that Gods strength is manifest. Like Paul who said..when I am weak then I am strong, in that the Lord told him that in his (Pauls) weakness, the Lords strength is made perfect.
Another interesting thing about this scripture that brings comfort to ole country boy like me? The disciples ask if this man had sinned to be born blind? Now that is just kinda dumb, one cannot sin before they are born? But one can be born from a seed of sin..which is maybe the point?

I don't understand verse 3

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
(Joh 9:1-4)

Beloved, it is quite simple. God allowed the man to be born blind, so that His mercy and grace may be manifest in him. Sin, neither by him of his parents, had nothing to do with his blindness.

NO Brother, God did not allow the man to be born blind anymore than the crippled women whom Satan had bound 18 years. Nor was the man "Allowed" to be blind so God could get some twisted glory from it.

Jesus Answered their Question.............. Neither Parent had sinned that caused this as there was still a belief that the only way Children get messed up is caused by the Parents. No, Parents can effect the children and the devil don't need a reason to do what he does, He just seeks whom He can do it to.

Jesus said, neither Parent sinned: But that the works of God should be manifest in him, I must worrks the works of him that sent me.

Jesus was just saying that because he is blind, He needs healed because that is what I was sent to do. Jesus never said God had anything to do with him being blind.

We don't take the thought that the Kingdoms are working together, because they are not, and not divided. God did not plan "Allow" a bunch of sick folk to cross the path of the Savior just so He could prove He could heal them and get Glory.

Some get the idea that God and the devil where making people sick and Jesus was doing the best He could to just keep up.

Yes, man is predestinated to be saved or lost. Read your bible again. Too many scriptures support this to say otherwise.

Not one scripture contradicts. Would you like to match scriptures with me on this one? You can just take my Word though and know God does not Predestine any man but to be saved. Man chooses if they will be saved or not.

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
(1Ti 2:4)

I have about 50 more if you want to get your scriptures :)

Reactions: Sal
And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
(Joh 9:1-4)
NO Brother, God did not allow the man to be born blind anymore than the crippled women whom Satan had bound 18 years. Nor was the man "Allowed" to be blind so God could get some twisted glory from it.
Jesus Answered their Question.............. Neither Parent had sinned that caused this as there was still a belief that the only way Children get messed up is caused by the Parents. No, Parents can effect the children and the devil don't need a reason to do what he does, He just seeks whom He can do it to.
Jesus said, neither Parent sinned: But that the works of God should be manifest in him, I must worrks the works of him that sent me. Jesus was just saying that because he is blind, He needs healed because that is what I was sent to do. Jesus never said God had anything to do with him being blind.
We don't take the thought that the Kingdoms are working together, because they are not, and not divided. God did not plan "Allow" a bunch of sick folk to cross the path of the Savior just so He could prove He could heal them and get Glory. Some get the idea that God and the devil where making people sick and Jesus was doing the best He could to just keep up.

Beloved, that just didn't come out the way I wanted. I stand corrected.
Thank you.

Not one scripture contradicts. Would you like to match scriptures with me on this one? You can just take my Word though and know God does not Predestine any man but to be saved. Man chooses if they will be saved or not.

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
(1Ti 2:4)

I have about 50 more if you want to get your scriptures :)
I'm on the road :). But I will say this, if it were by mana choice as you say, then salvation is no longer a free gift. It would depend on my works, to choose God. But what man can unhearden their own heart to make the choice of God over their own sin?

We are born in a sinful creatures. Though we have the choice, in our sinful nature we will always choose sin over God. Only if God chooses to open our hearts will we ever choose him.

That's why all credit should go to Him. He saves, not us. If I'm walking towards a cliff and I decide to turn around, then I saved myself. It was my choice to turn around. But Christ is the savior, not man.

That's why Romans chapter 9 says it does not depend on mans desire or effort, but on Gods mercy. It's simple.

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense I'm driving in the rain

Are our days numbered by God before we are born or is there no set time? Does our time change based on circumstances and actions?
A very nice way to ask whether one believes in predestination or free will of man :D I guess you are a very nice person and your questions are always nice :)

I believe in predestination.. But the matter of fact is, all we are trying to do is, define the nature of God in human's term.. Define the meaning of infinite wisdom of God with our limited wisdom.. We all are going to fall short.. At some place.. Everyone comes up with their idea with verses backing them.. And another way I look at it is, Bible explains the nature of God which human mind can grasp.. That does not mean, Bible describes what is everything there about God.. There are too many dimensions which our mind cannot even grasp.. So I am going to put my trust on my creator that He has numbered my days and He is the only one who can carry me through on this side of life

Back