Are Our Days Numbered?

I'm on the road :). But I will say this, if it were by mana choice as you say, then salvation is no longer a free gift. It would depend on my works, to choose God. But what man can unhearden their own heart to make the choice of God over their own sin?

We are born in a sinful creatures. Though we have the choice, in our sinful nature we will always choose sin over God. Only if God chooses to open our hearts will we ever choose him.

That's why all credit should go to Him. He saves, not us. If I'm walking towards a cliff and I decide to turn around, then I saved myself. It was my choice to turn around. But Christ is the savior, not man.

That's why Romans chapter 9 says it does not depend on mans desire or effort, but on Gods mercy. It's simple.

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense I'm driving in the rain

OK, your sending me messages and driving? In the Rain? I can't be the cause of your demise. Let me know when your body is stopped under 3mph then talk with me. :)

Keep that thought though........... If it was not predestination then it's not a free gift, we can talk about that. Be blessed and be safe.

Beloved, that just didn't come out the way I wanted. I stand corrected.
Thank you.

I was not trying to Correct you Brother. I know you don't believe our good God is evil or Allowed (As in could have stopped it) the man to be blind. It's all part of this curse on earth, just like the crippled women.

I just posted so others would not misunderstand. I already know what you stand on.

Yes, man is predestinated to be saved or lost. Read your bible again. Too many scriptures support this to say otherwise.

Mario is correct here. God can make a person by design to evilishly do specific evil things (thus doing His will) and then condemn them for it. But there is no scripture that says this either. Of course God jas predestined who will be saved and who will be lost (but this discussion will railroad the thread and if you like you could begin one on this topic) but not as you are implying here brother. Both Peter and Paul say it is by His foreknowledge that He predestines. Foreknowledge would be totally unnecessary if they were programmed by Him to be this way specifically. God is not just some mere grand puppet master like the Greek gods. His commands are given because they can be obeyed this is why He can say to Abraham "Because you have dome this, now I know that..."! His foreknowledge still required man;s proper response. Or perhaps you have no read when He says to the children of Israel that He has set before them two ways and then tells them "choose life" but most do not...where is choice in a predetermined irresistible outcome? Was God just being fickle (like the Greek gods)?

GOd knew it but He did not direct that persons car into that person...
Do you have scripture to support your belief? So are you saying it depends on mans desire and/or effort to do good?

No I said the death of that person was the result of an ungodly stupidity not on some desire or effort to do good. Why did you twist that? Are you trying to invite a debate? Deception is questionable to me...

Now let me apply your own logic back upon you. Do you believe 2 x 50 = 100? of course you do and it is true. But can you prove this by scripture? Do you have scripture to support your belief? In my opinion, your argument is not sound.

brother Paul

Do you have scripture to support your belief? So are you saying it depends on mans desire and/or effort to do good?

No I said the death of that person was the result of an ungodly stupidity not on some desire or effort to do good. Why did you twist that? Are you trying to invite a debate? Deception is questionable to me...

Now let me apply your own logic back upon you. Do you believe 2 x 50 = 100? of course you do and it is true. But can you prove this by scripture? Do you have scripture to support your belief? In my opinion, your argument is not sound.

brother Paul

I don't believe I twisted anything, I thought I quoted your post. My apologies if it was twisted.

Yes, I believe 2x50=100. A basic math book would support that, as should a bible support a Christians beliefs.

brother WITM

I'm on the road :). But I will say this, if it were by mana choice as you say, then salvation is no longer a free gift. It would depend on my works, to choose God.

The initial faith response is not "mere choice", and you make the primal error of thinking faith is a work. It is clearly distinguished by Paul (who you are going to use to defend your position) from a "work" in Romans 4:2-5 (read it)...and God requiring man accept or receive Him is His sovereignly designed plan...look at John 1:12 which says "to as many as received Him He gave the power to become the children of God". The one's who received Him were those who would be born of His Spirit. Not to "as many as were already the children of God He gave the power to receive Him". That's the cart before the horse. But believe me I know where you got this and it was not from considering the whole counsel of God on the matter. This view you presently hold (which I cut my teeth on for 10 years) inevitably creates a schism in the word of God and sets scripture AGAINST scripture. That should be the first clue something in it is lacking.

So I am looking forward to your return...

brother Paul

I don't believe I twisted anything, I thought I quoted your post. My apologies if it was twisted.

Yes, I believe 2x50=100. A basic math book would support that, as should a bible support a Christians beliefs.

brother WITM

Okay, so where does the Bible speak of the tragedies caused by drunk drivers? Please quote...

brother Paul

Well you hinted at Predestination and I have a whole lot of scriptures that say otherwise. Then you say stupidity can cause an early demise.

It can't be both.

I mean if I drop my cheeseburger while driving then hunt around for it by my feet taking my eyes off the road and slam into a tree, ending up in intensive care. That is my fault.

However, If while laid up on death's door start thinking about roasting in hell and find Jesus through it. Then give a testimony about how God intervened and slammed my car into a tree so I could find him and humble me.
Then that is God's fault.

As you stated, with people's experiences, misunderstanding of scriptures, it would derail the conversation and worse, might bring Calvinist out of the wood work by where we would have to shoot them.

Now if the kid would stop with the driving and trying to interact on the forum. I guess he can say God's fault for showing him the ways of not texting while driving by wrapping his car around a pole........... God helped him......... (Though we did warn before time)

Blessings Paul.

The initial faith response is not "mere choice", and you make the primal error of thinking faith is a work. It is clearly distinguished by Paul (who you are going to use to defend your position) from a "work" in Romans 4:2-5 (read it)...

I agree with the verses in Romans 4:2-5.

and God requiring man accept or receive Him is His sovereignly designed plan...look at John 1:12 which says "to as many as received Him He gave the power to become the children of God". The one's who received Him were those who would be born of His Spirit. Not to "as many as were already the children of God He gave the power to receive Him". That's the cart before the horse. But believe me I know where you got this and it was not from considering the whole counsel of God on the matter. This view you presently hold (which I cut my teeth on for 10 years) inevitably creates a schism in the word of God and sets scripture AGAINST scripture. That should be the first clue something in it is lacking.

So I am looking forward to your return...

brother Paul

Again I agree with this, but do not see how it sets the cart before the horse, or scripture against scripture. So at the moment I'm not sure if we are in agreement or if you are debating me on something. Maybe I missed something in this thread, and will need to closely read the whole thread again when I do not have any distractions. But feel free to continue with your persuasive essay, I have subscribed.

I mean if I drop my cheeseburger while driving then hunt around for it by my feet taking my eyes off the road and slam into a tree, ending up in intensive care. That is my fault.

However, If while laid up on death's door start thinking about roasting in hell and find Jesus through it. Then give a testimony about how God intervened and slammed my car into a tree so I could find him and humble me.
Then that is God's fault.

Very interesting perspective. So if something good happens with the car crash its God, but if something bad happens, it's our fault. No contradictions there, I love it. :)

Did I bring up drunk driving or did you bring up drunk driving? I was driving while on my phone, but was not drinking.

Well, I don't blame you. Trying to fumble with a phone while drinking can cause you to spill your beer. I always wait to put down the phone before grabbing my can again.

Well you hinted at Predestination and I have a whole lot of scriptures that say otherwise. Then you say stupidity can cause an early demise.

I certainly did not hint at predestination as the cause of the car accident...I clearly stated it as a persons foolish decision to drive drunk...it was this person's stupidity (and I did it a few times when I was a drinker long ago) that caused the death in my imaginary scenario...I do not believe God engineered such a circumstance nor directed the drivers car into the victim....but the rest of your post was right on and even a bit humorous...blessings back atcha

Well, I don't blame you. Trying to fumble with a phone while drinking can cause you to spill your beer. I always wait to put down the phone before grabbing my can again.

You could always hold the phone in one hand, the beer in the other, and drive with your knee. This is good practice for the brain at multitasking.

I certainly did not hint at predestination as the cause of the car accident...I clearly stated it as a persons foolish decision to drive drunk...it was this person's stupidity (and I did it a few times when I was a drinker long ago) that caused the death in my imaginary scenario...I do not believe God engineered such a circumstance nor directed the drivers car into the victim....

No, not about the drinking but overall.

I certainly did not hint at predestination as the cause of the car accident...I clearly stated it as a persons foolish decision to drive drunk...it was this person's stupidity (and I did it a few times when I was a drinker long ago) that caused the death in my imaginary scenario...I do not believe God engineered such a circumstance nor directed the drivers car into the victim....but the rest of your post was right on and even a bit humorous...

But if God is in our life, maybe he will never expose a person to a car (third wold country scenario) Thus never having to worry about getting into a car crash. Or countries like Pakistan where drinking is not even allowed.

You a funny dude...in my State here in the US if you get caught on the phone or texting while driving it is a 75 dollar fine (now if we could just get the police to stop it would seem more just).

You a funny dude...in my State here in the US if you get caught on the phone or texting while driving it is a 75 dollar fine (now if we could just get the police to stop it would seem more just).

If you are looking at a map on your phone I don't believe it is illegal, at least in California thats the rule.

Back