Are we all evil ?

Roman Catholic myth

One of the major complaints I hear is that the Church WORSHIPS Mary. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Church HONORS Mary as the Mother of God who always points us to her Son. The Church does NOT pray TO Mary. She is asked to pray FOR us as we would ask anyone else to pray for us.

I happened upon this last post.
I am very respectfully curious how a dead person can pray for us~

I agree Violet

I happened upon this last post.
I am very respectfully curious how a dead person can pray for us~

I agree Violet . No human should receive undue honor that is equal or shared with our Saviour THE LORD JESUS CHRIST !!!

Dave :)

One of the major complaints I hear is that the Church WORSHIPS Mary. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Church HONORS Mary as the Mother of God who always points us to her Son. The Church does NOT pray TO Mary. She is asked to pray FOR us as we would ask anyone else to pray for us.

Some churches do indeed worship Mary. Perhaps not your own, and I know the Catholic church had to really fight that at one point, but there are definitely churches out there that worship her as equals with Christ.

That is true Ban- some depict an angry Jesus with Mary as the only one who can make intercession- there is still only one mediator between God and man and that is Jesus Christ.Some teach she is still a virgin- the scripture declares different-. She was a nice Jewish girl and would not want to be deified.

I'll take your word on it. I really don't know what the RCC teaches, beyond the intercession prayers to the saints. What I'm referring to is a small temple not too far from my house where the people do in fact worship Mary as a goddess. It's pretty occultish the way they do it too.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! "

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

Are we all declared evil ?

Just getting back to the original question. In Jeremiah 17:9 it says
9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

This teaches us that like you all said that before we became a Christian our mind is evil. But when we are saved the Lord looks on the heart . and tests the mind so that He can give each one the right payment for what he or she does.

Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

That says it all folks!

Psa 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

evil is as evil does.....if you have jesus with you in your walk,then good is as what good does.:jesus-cross:

The thread was specifically about or state when we were born. Before Christ we are all evil- the seed Adam is the reaping of his disobediance.

evil is as evil does.....if you have jesus with you in your walk,then good is as what good does.:jesus-cross:

Dear brother,

The Bible declares no one good. That's a fact of the Bible, yes? Rom. 3. It is Christ who does good in us. NOT I, BUT CHRIST. (Gal. 2:20). THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PAGANISM AND TRUE CHRISTIANITY. I know, it sounds so "subtle." BUT, Genesis, chapter 2-3 will give you a clear declaration of the same.

blessings to you, no philosophical ideals are needed to show Christ's true intent.

Just getting back to the original question. In Jeremiah 17:9 it says

This teaches us that like you all said that before we became a Christian our mind is evil. But when we are saved the Lord looks on the heart . and tests the mind so that He can give each one the right payment for what he or she does.

Hi,
The Lord looks on the heart BEFORE we are saved, the case of the king of Babylon. We are actually saved (objectively) at the cross.

We deserve no credit!

Expanding Romans 3

Dear brother,

The Bible declares no one good. That's a fact of the Bible, yes? Rom. 3. It is Christ who does good in us. NOT I, BUT CHRIST. (Gal. 2:20). THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PAGANISM AND TRUE CHRISTIANITY. I know, it sounds so "subtle." BUT, Genesis, chapter 2-3 will give you a clear declaration of the same.

blessings to you, no philosophical ideals are needed to show Christ's true intent.

Romans 3 (New King James Version)

10 As it is written: “ There is none righteous, no, not one;

11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.

12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.â€

13 “ Their throat is an open tomb;
With their tongues they have practiced deceitâ€;
“ The poison of asps is under their lipsâ€;

14 “ Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.â€

15 “ Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;

17 And the way of peace they have not known.â€

18 “ There is no fear of God before their eyes.â€

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. God’s Righteousness Through Faith

21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, <<<<<<<

24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Christians Are No Longer Slaves To Sin

CHRISTIANS ARE NO LONGER SLAVES TO SIN

( however we still sin by choice through selfishness )

( we no longer have an evil rebellious nature, but struggle against sin )

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

Romans 8 (New King James Version)

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the

flesh, but according to the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the

likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,

4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but

according to the Spirit.

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live

according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does

not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will

also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.

13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the

body, you will live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we

cry out, “Abba, Father.â€

16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may

also be glorified together.

I have not read many of the previous posts, so I'm not adding on to anything anyone else is saying.

To say that we are all "evil" is a bit rough... However, none of us is truly righteous, Christian or not; we are all sinners. (I would not say that we're all "evil," but "unclean.") As Christians we are not "good," just forgiven. We still sin by choice; it is a very easy thing to do and once you do it's hard to get back up to where you were. It is still a very hard thing to break sinful addictions of any kind... One of my school friends today said it best, "it's about how hard you want to work to stay on Jesus' path." Not that our deeds determine whether or not we go to Heaven (only Jesus does that), but when you are Christian you should want to do good. Not because it will make us righteous, but because Jesus is righteous and we want him to work through us.

please read the post directly above yours

I have not read many of the previous posts, so I'm not adding on to anything anyone else is saying.

To say that we are all "evil" is a bit rough... However, none of us is truly righteous, Christian or not; we are all sinners. (I would not say that we're all "evil," but "unclean.") As Christians we are not "good," just forgiven. We still sin by choice; it is a very easy thing to do and once you do it's hard to get back up to where you were. It is still a very hard thing to break sinful addictions of any kind... One of my school friends today said it best, "it's about how hard you want to work to stay on Jesus' path." Not that our deeds determine whether or not we go to Heaven (only Jesus does that), but when you are Christian you should want to do good. Not because it will make us righteous, but because Jesus is righteous and we want him to work through us.

It says "CHRISTIANS ARE NO LONGER SLAVES TO SIN

( however we still sin by choice through selfishness )

( we no longer have an evil rebellious nature, but struggle against sin ) "

JESUS Bless you !

dave :)

Back