Are we perhaps alone in this universe after all?

You are talking about Old Earth verses Young Earth theology. Nothing is more polarizing than that discussion.

I myself am a Literalist and any discussion of the age of the earth will eventually lead to the topic of Biblical interpretation. For many years, young earth creation science proponents have claimed that theirs is the only way, and you must interpret the Bible literally, resulting in a “young” age for the earth.

One very important fact to realize is that the Bible does NOT tell us the age of the earth.

The original creation cannot be dated from the Bible. Whether it happened 100 million years ago or billions of years ago, or 6000 years ago does not matter one bit to the Bible.

God gave us all a brain to think with. Do we logically think that a dinosaur skeleton found 2 miles under the earth was there for 6000 years???
If there were dinosaurs alive when Adam and Eve were in the Garden, when does the Word of God leave them out?
If they lived alongside of Adam and Eve, when have there never been any bones found with the human bones of that age???
If they were alive, why did Noah not take any of them on the Ark??

All those need to answered with more than.....Just have faith. That answer just will not fly today.
It's not a hill I would be willing to be martyred on but in general if Scripture says death came through one man (Adam), which death includes all of creation (Rom 8:21-22), then by reason of God's revelation, I would have to go with thousands of years rather than millions.

It's not a hill I would be willing to be martyred on but in general if Scripture says death came through one man (Adam), which death includes all of creation (Rom 8:21-22), then by reason of God's revelation, I would have to go with thousands of years rather than millions.

Yes sir. That is applicable.

The book of Romans is the great book of Christian theology written to the Roman believers by Paul, the apostle. The eighth chapter discusses the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. This chapter discusses the role of the Spirit in setting believers free from the law to serve God through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It compares the actions of the one indwelt with the Spirit to one in whom the Spirit does not live. In looking at the overall context, one would have to ask why Paul would interject an allegorical passage about the creation in a chapter that is otherwise devoted solely to a discussion of the role of the Spirit in the life of believers versus unbelievers. Therefore, IMHO the overall context of the chapter suggests that Paul was not talking about the non-rational creation.

But that is just another thought.

Yes sir. That is applicable.

The book of Romans is the great book of Christian theology written to the Roman believers by Paul, the apostle. The eighth chapter discusses the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. This chapter discusses the role of the Spirit in setting believers free from the law to serve God through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It compares the actions of the one indwelt with the Spirit to one in whom the Spirit does not live. In looking at the overall context, one would have to ask why Paul would interject an allegorical passage about the creation in a chapter that is otherwise devoted solely to a discussion of the role of the Spirit in the life of believers versus unbelievers. Therefore, IMHO the overall context of the chapter suggests that Paul was not talking about the non-rational creation.

But that is just another thought.
I have a number of differences with your post, but since it would take us off topic from Skreia's intention (post #5), I'll forego.

One thought I have had was that we are alone, for now. But once we are changed "in an instant" and experience heaven and the New Jerusalem, I think it is possible that we, meaning the Saints, will be put in charge of new civilizations on many of those other planets. God is the Creator and I believe He isn't done creating. Who knows what type of responsibilities we will have.

One thought I have had was that we are alone, for now. But once we are changed "in an instant" and experience heaven and the New Jerusalem, I think it is possible that we, meaning the Saints, will be put in charge of new civilizations on many of those other planets. God is the Creator and I believe He isn't done creating. Who knows what type of responsibilities we will have.

Now that is a good thought.

Personally, I have no problem at all believing that we humans are the only thing alive in the universe. In fact I do think that we are the only life in the universe.

All the opinions of alien life, visitors from another world and on and on are nothing more than stories from Hollywood and book writers.

No matter what we have read and seen on TV.....there is NO Scientific evidence of UFO's or life anywhere else in the universe.

We spend TRILLIONS of dollars on telescopes, rockets, space travel but we can not figure out how to get water running into the Gulf of Mexico from the Mississippi River to the desert area of the USA for real people to use.

Now that is a good thought.

Personally, I have no problem at all believing that we humans are the only thing alive in the universe. In fact I do think that we are the only life in the universe.

All the opinions of alien life, visitors from another world and on and on are nothing more than stories from Hollywood and book writers.

No matter what we have read and seen on TV.....there is NO Scientific evidence of UFO's or life anywhere else in the universe.

We spend TRILLIONS of dollars on telescopes, rockets, space travel but we can not figure out how to get water running into the Gulf of Mexico from the Mississippi River to the desert area of the USA for real people to use.
I think the universe is like the story of The tower of Babbel. God separated all so they could not communicate what better way but send to other parts of the universe. When Christ comes back we will know

I think the universe is like the story of The tower of Babbel. God separated all so they could not communicate what better way but send to other parts of the universe. When Christ comes back we will know
I believe we are creating another Babel with one language (besides mathematics, ever use Google Translate?) but this time when He returns our Babylon will be smashed as Nebuchadnezzar's image was.

I am sure I agree or even understand that thought. That does not mean it is wrong only I do not get it.

I was just thinking, scienc says the universe is around 14 billion years old while believers say perhaps around 6000 after the bible, but if its really been that long ether way, why have a another species out there had the time to develop enough technology to visit us? Perhaps were really limited by the speed of light anyways and cant really travel long distances, but I mean, its been some thousands of years atleasts, why arent just atleasts one species ready to find us, does it mean that were really alone after all in the universe and that god only created us? I just mean its been so long time that someone should have developed the necessary technology to find us and travel to us, yes I make the assumption that aliens havent been here already since noones really been crazy about it, I think if someone knew there were aliens here they would go absolutely crazy over it and itd be know..
Only so called aliens would be demonic beings

Back