Are we saved by Grace alone thru faith alone?

Right, I've heard most all the sayings, I was just wondering 'how little or how much works need to accompany faith in order for that faith to have sufficient evidence for support?'.
All it takes is just evidence that one has now been really changed, and now has eternal life in Christ!

actually works has nothing to do with being saved. yes there is obedience to what the Holy spirt leads us to do . some think you have dot every I cross every T to be saved, some think you have to beg and plead to be forgiven... Not so 1 john 1:9 we confess to him then repent by Godly sorrow if we give a cup of cold water in his name . that is works
Good works accompany salvation, so after saved they shall be shown!

not that i know that much about anything....
God is able to finish the work he started in you...by faith you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Redeemer...you love Him...and you walk in His Spirit.....you can't help yourself from doing good...plant those good seeds....rejoice...share your hope and love...we all will be rewarded accordingly......
If you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our iniquity...and that He will return for our justification to His Father...Our God...
Rejoice!!...Be exceeding glad!
Great is your reward in Heaven!
God is merciful to us all...God bless you and all you touch.

Good works accompany salvation, so after saved they shall be shown!
very true but if one places strong emphases on works that soon becomes what we have done. that was the prob in math 7 not everyone who says Lord Lord . if we will notice the defense was but i did this

very true but if one places strong emphases on works that soon becomes what we have done. that was the prob in math 7 not everyone who says Lord Lord . if we will notice the defense was but i did this
Key is to make sure we see them after salvation, not as required in order to first get saved!

Key is to make sure we see them after salvation, not as required in order to first get saved!
works should come naturally after salvation i call it a want to and a desire if there is none most likely not saved

Colossians 3:17​

“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”

And how does this fit in?

1 Corinthians 3:
9For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

I love the symbolism here with the gold, silver, wood, hay, straw. What are you building with?
And what is the loss suffered?

And how does this fit in?

1 Corinthians 3:
9For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

I love the symbolism here with the gold, silver, wood, hay, straw. What are you building with?
And what is the loss suffered?
Good works and deeds done to glorify Lord Jesus rewarded, bit those done to make us get the glory, or to look good, are burnt up?

works should come naturally after salvation i call it a want to and a desire if there is none most likely not saved

Colossians 3:17​

“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”
That is a big reason why not sold on the ole one time altar call was done, but nothing was changed!

That is a big reason why not sold on the ole one time altar call was done, but nothing was changed!
certainly there is a progress called sanctification which is continuous .i personally think its good to use the altar .there are those who have hard time getting down and back up. lots comes to the front pew and sits to pray. nothing says we have to kneel every time we pray. main thing is pray .i call it praying through ( through what ?} my doubt my flesh my everything. nothing is a one time thing and your done.. we are a w.i.p. work in progress . salvation in it self is a one time thing as per getting saved.
but there is also effort i call it a want to and a desire . to many get the idea were saved sanctified and satisficed. we should never be just satisficed with our walk with Christ . in reality if there is no change no fruit there is no root. if no root then best be checking your self in with the good Lord

Since the Assemblies of God has no "Sacraments", and only TWO "Ordinances" (things we do because we believe Jesus instructed us to), which are "Baptism" in water by immersion in the three titles, and "Communion" normally served once a month.

I do not agree Bob. Jesus never commanded baptism in order to be saved.

When we read the actual Scriptures, Being born of water is referring to being born physically (the water referring to the amniotic fluid that breaks as one is born). This is why He said "You must be born again." The first birth is the birth from water, or the flesh. The second is to be born of the Spirit, which is of God. I think it is pretty clear that the verse does not refer to baptism, but to the first birth. At this point, the "entering" is for anyone who is born again.

I agree completely - But "Baptism in water" DOES appear to be something that born again people were instructed to do. Paul was "Born again" before he even hit the ground, when he got knocked off his horse, but some days later, he was Baptised in water. As in my case, he wasn't ANY MORE "SAVED" (just more wet).

The "Visible church systems" have assigned all sorts of "REASONS" for this, to this PERSONALLY I have NO CLUE why we bother with it - other than it's what folks in the Bible did.

I agree completely - But "Baptism in water" DOES appear to be something that born again people were instructed to do. Paul was "Born again" before he even hit the ground, when he got knocked off his horse, but some days later, he was Baptised in water. As in my case, he wasn't ANY MORE "SAVED" (just more wet).

The "Visible church systems" have assigned all sorts of "REASONS" for this, to this PERSONALLY I have NO CLUE why we bother with it - other than it's what folks in the Bible did.

Because men love to argue.

certainly there is a progress called sanctification which is continuous .i personally think its good to use the altar .there are those who have hard time getting down and back up. lots comes to the front pew and sits to pray. nothing says we have to kneel every time we pray. main thing is pray .i call it praying through ( through what ?} my doubt my flesh my everything. nothing is a one time thing and your done.. we are a w.i.p. work in progress . salvation in it self is a one time thing as per getting saved.
but there is also effort i call it a want to and a desire . to many get the idea were saved sanctified and satisficed. we should never be just satisficed with our walk with Christ . in reality if there is no change no fruit there is no root. if no root then best be checking your self in with the good Lord
Just seems that there will be many who were trusting in that they had a come to Jesus moment one time at a church meant received eternAL LIFE!

When we read the actual Scriptures, Being born of water is referring to being born physically (the water referring to the amniotic fluid that breaks as one is born). This is why He said "You must be born again." The first birth is the birth from water, or the flesh. The second is to be born of the Spirit, which is of God. I think it is pretty clear that the verse does not refer to baptism, but to the first birth. At this point, the "entering" is for anyone who is born again.
Jesus commanded the saved to get water baptized, but when lost people do, or as babies, just means they get all wet!

Back