As We Aproach Easter

may we put our hand to the plough. the person who puts hands to the plough must keep them, and his eyes too, fixed upon it. interestingly,The Syrian plough was somewhat light and required the weight of the ploughman's body on it to keep it in the furrow. If he looked off, it would go aside. So who ever would be a worthy servant of Christ must give a whole heart and time to and for Him.

THIS THREAD IS SO AWESOME YOU ALL! AMEN AND AMEN my heart leaps with anticipation at Easter and I pray fervently many many more souls make full surrender to Christ Jesus our Blessed Risen Lord and Savior ,may this Easter be a Blessed one for all .I was Blessed tremendously reading every ones responses so much so my heart leapt

THIS THREAD IS SO AWESOME YOU ALL! AMEN AND AMEN my heart leaps with anticipation at Easter and I pray fervently many many more souls make full surrender to Christ Jesus our Blessed Risen Lord and Savior ,may this Easter be a Blessed one for all .I was Blessed tremendously reading every ones responses so much so my heart leapt

Praise God EM .... We had a wonderful packed out service this AM with new comers giving their hearts to the Lord . I am so pleased to know that this thread is a blessing and all those who have contributed have blessed me as well . I never thought about all Jesus words on the cross until I put it all together and studied their meaning . I have been blessed learning as well .

What a joyous time as we look forward to Resurrection Sunday . OUr God is not dead . He is alive ... Hallelujah . !!!!

may we put our hand to the plough. the person who puts hands to the plough must keep them, and his eyes too, fixed upon it. interestingly,The Syrian plough was somewhat light and required the weight of the ploughman's body on it to keep it in the furrow. If he looked off, it would go aside. So who ever would be a worthy servant of Christ must give a whole heart and time to and for Him.

Amen hesed .... When we fix our eyes on the Saviour and follow Him our life will surely be worth it all when we see Jesus . I am thinking now of Peter when he took his eyes off Jesus and he sank in the water.

Praise God EM .... We had a wonderful packed out service this AM with new comers giving their hearts to the Lord . I am so pleased to know that this thread is a blessing and all those who have contributed have blessed me as well . I never thought about all Jesus words on the cross until I put it all together and studied their meaning . I have been blessed learning as well .

What a joyous time as we look forward to Resurrection Sunday . OUr God is not dead . He is alive ... Hallelujah . !!!!

HALLELUJAH Dusty , that is what is so joyous to hear , we believers know in our hearts that ALL the things we receive comes by what Jesus did at the cross . It is a time for us to share that with the world , when I study it , it becomes more and more precious to my soul . I want the whole world to know it not just from head knowledge but with their whole hearts . Your report Blesses me so much Dusty , I am so happy you did report that good news that is what it all about reaching the hearts and souls for Jesus .

...thinking now of Peter when he took his eyes off Jesus...

makes me think of Luke 2:44-46 where as i'm sure you probably heard the analogy of when we walk a days journey away from Jesus, it takes us three days to find our way back to Him.

HALLELUJAH Dusty , that is what is so joyous to hear , we believers know in our hearts that ALL the things we receive comes by what Jesus did at the cross . It is a time for us to share that with the world , when I study it , it becomes more and more precious to my soul . I want the whole world to know it not just from head knowledge but with their whole hearts . Your report Blesses me so much Dusty , I am so happy you did report that good news that is what it all about reaching the hearts and souls for Jesus .

That's right EM .... We are the messengers of the Good News . But by studying it , the Holy Spirit gives you little nuggets here and there that even though we have read it before it becomes new again .

You are right about people who have head knowlege and can recite verse after verse but do not have it down in their hearts . I have a niece's husband who is like that and he is a professor of religion of all things but with all his knowledge it has not gotten to his heart . The Holy Spirit gives me verses but I have to look up where they are cause I don't remember the chapter and the verse.

Well this is Saturday and as we are reflect on all that Jesus has done for us we can look forward to tomorrow " Resurrection Sunday " What hope and reassurance as Christians to know that our Saviour lives and He walks and talks with us today .

What other god in all the religions of the world can claim that ? None !!!!

We serve a risen Lord who took all our sins and washed us in the cleansing Blood . Hallelujah .... praise His name . we have something to sing about , something to shout about , something to dance about . The world can do their dance but we as Children of the most High God can do a Spiritual dance , just like David did . Glory .

Amazing grace .... how sweet the sound .

All hail , King Jesus
All hail , Emmanuel
King of Kings , Lord of Lords
Bright morning Star.
And throughout eternity
I'm going to praise Him
And forevermore I will reign with Him ... Thank you Jeus

Wow as I have been reading and studying the finals words on the Cross and also thinking about Good Friday and looking forward to Resurrection Sunday , it occurred to me . What about in between ….” Saturday “ .

It’s all about how we live our Saturdays . Do we live them with expectation and hope that Sunday will come ? Are we living our Saturdays , "the in between day" more than Sunday .--- the day of rejoicing .?

I never really thought about Saturday before but all our days should be like Saturday , full of expectation knowing that Jesus holds all our Saturdays and that Sunday is coming .

Let’s live our Saturdays - the day with no name just like we would “ Resurrection
Sunday “

i don't know how biblical it is, but I kind of makes me think that the time between Christ death and resurrection (during the sabbath) as His fulfillment of the sabbath... where as we no longer have to appease the law in working for our righteousness because now Christ is our righteousness where as we rest in Him. ... just a thought

Look at one of His last acts of servanthood , washing the disciples feet . He could have said , wash my feet but He didn't . He is showing us humility and servanthood which should be in our character as well if we are His followers.

A lot of churches used to have a foot washing service as an act of serving each other and to humble themselves. I don't know of any that do that anymore. I know of a visiting preacher that did this at a church many years ago and it wasn't planned. They didn't know he was going to wash the pastors feet. It was done in Christian love and caused a breaking that touched the hearts of all the people and revival broke out.

A lot of churches used to have a foot washing service as an act of serving each other and to humble themselves. I don't know of any that do that anymore. I know of a visiting preacher that did this at a church many years ago and it wasn't planned. They didn't know he was going to wash the pastors feet. It was done in Christian love and caused a breaking that touched the hearts of all the people and revival broke out.

Actually our Pastor siad she couldn't wash everyone"s feet so chose another pastor and washed his and then in turn he washed some one's in the congregation . That was Good Friday . What an awesome service.

i don't know how biblical it is, but I kind of makes me think that the time between Christ death and resurrection (during the sabbath) as His fulfillment of the sabbath... where as we no longer have to appease the law in working for our righteousness because now Christ is our righteousness where as we rest in Him. ... just a thought

I like that thought , hesed . That makes perfect sense. Thanks . God Bless .

Just before we turn the corner , I would like us to watch this video . .... Christ's Blood flowed from seven places and covers all of our sins.

Wow ...

Turning the corner .

This is Sunday Resurrection Day . !!
This is what we as Christians can tell the world . He is not dead . He is alive . We serve a Risen Saviour . Not some one who has died and is still in the grave but our God is raised from the dead .... Hallelujah !!!!!and we can shout the victory .

Romans 5:4....... We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Jesus redeemed us and died in our stead
In Him we died and rose from the dead
No longer is death a thing that we dread;
The old is belhind us , the new is ahead --- D . DeHaan

The nail - pierced hands of Jesus reveal the love - filled heart of God . The stone was rolled away from the mouth of Jesus tomb for one purpose to let observers see that the grave was empty.

Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Lo! the Sun's eclipse is over, Alleluia!
Lo! He sets in blood no more, Alleluia!

Vain the stone, the watch, the seal, Alleluia!
Christ hath burst the gates of hell, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids His rise, Alleluia!
Christ hath opened paradise, Alleluia!

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once He died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave? Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ hath led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!

Hail, the Lord of earth and heaven, Alleluia!
Praise to Thee by both be given, Alleluia!
Thee we greet triumphant now, Alleluia!
Hail, the resurrection day, Alleluia!

King of glory, Soul of bliss, Alleluia!
Everlasting life is this, Alleluia!
Thee to know, Thy power to prove, Alleluia!
Thus to sing and thus to love, Alleluia!

Hymns of praise then let us sing, Alleluia!
Unto Christ, our heavenly King, Alleluia!
Who endured the cross and grave, Alleluia!
Sinners to redeem and save. Alleluia!

But the pains that He endured, Alleluia!
Our salvation have procured, Alleluia!
Now above the sky He's King, Alleluia!
Where the angels ever sing. Alleluia!

Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia!
Our triumphant holy day, Alleluia!
Who did once upon the cross, Alleluia!
Suffer to redeem our loss. Alleluia!

---- Charles Wesley

tombempty-1.jpg

In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them,
"Why do you look for the living among the dead?

Without The Resurrection There Would Be No Gospel

The cross is the payment for our sins
The empty tomb is our receipt.

The Resurrection of Christ was only believed when the disciples " SAW "

The greek word for" see " means to see with an inner light . That leads one to the conclusion that it is a spiritual sight . In essense the disciples had been told so many times by Jesus about His resurrection but did not believe until their eyes were opened and the scales fell off ( Spiritually ) Then and only then did they believe that Jesus had risen from the dead.

How much more do we believe when we have not seen .? We have God's Word which proves and documents all . So we have faith to believe.

We can say Jesus is resurrection . Jesus is our power of resurrection . He is resurrecting our minds , our bodies, our spirits, our hopes , our outlooks our everything .

John 11: 25- 26....... Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
26....and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

We all have the blessed assurance of knowing that Jesus was raised to life for our justification .

Romans 4:25..... He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification

OUr salvation depends of Christ's achievements ---- not our own .

Romans 8: 1-2 ...... Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death

Christ for us as believers is belief in the Resurrection . If Christ is not risen then our faith is in vain .

Death for the Christians is our eternal hope that we can face the grave with the promise of eternal life.

1 Cor. 15: 17 ...... And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

Back