Ask and it shall be given

Just because the location is open to the public does not mean that the employees may entertain guests while working.

My younger son works in retail (actually to make ends meet, he works two jobs). My wife and I try to meet him for lunch or dinner fairly often, both to be with our son, and take on a small part of the cost of his meals.

We do not stand around his counter and talk to him. We usually wait in the parking lot and know that he has to finish helping his customers, or other assigned tasks and be told he may go to lunch before he comes out. This is a public area, but if he spent time talking with us, even if he continues his job, it would not present a favorable impression to the customers that walk by. His employers have a right to expect that he gives a favorable impression for the store.

But, you indicated that this was a “year end work do”. I would think that if guests were allowed, you could bring whomever you wished. The only caveat that I can see here is that if your boss and your companion already can't get along, (and can't be adult enough to grit their teeth and act cordially) it might be better not to aggravate the issue,

As for the part about harassment, if he is persistent, or if a single instance is egregious, this is a matter to be taken higher in the company (if there is anyone in higher authority).
Yea its end of year work do. My boss has never met my brother! It was weird. I think theres something behind this.

Yep! Planted 3 ranuncuclus for the oldies. They loved it.
If my boss was there he would have either ignored them and said he was too busy. Or said he would do it later but by the time he got round to doing it they would have died.

You have a funny sense of humour FCJ. I'm sure you laugh at me all the time! Lol.

You ought to be a comedian. Well everyone mocked Jesus.

Thats ok FCJ Im sure my humour is unitentional too. I just dont get the joke a lot of the time.
Why are people laughing at me??? Should I laugh as well? But i wasnt even being funny?

One of my workmates said I was like a blonde, but I'm not actually blonde. Oh well at least we are entertaining The angels unawares. If they have tv in heaven they probably watch something like 'the earth channel' to see what humans are up to. Smile you are on candid camera.

Anyway, back to toPic. Ask and it shall be given.
So...if you ask someone for bread and are given a stone, was the giver trying to make you laugh. Seriously.

But if you ask our Father in Jesus name for bread, he will give you bread. You cant eat stones!

Back