Ask the right person

See the problem there is one could only look through the natural eye. We can not know what so ever what is really going on the inside of a person.

Now then God may have a different of opinion in this for He knows our hearts and motives and things other people could not possibly know.

Blessings
My brother's heart and motives are pure... God knows this.

Because it shows in the fruit their life is producing or not producing.

Every believer who is walking consistently in the ways of God, will be known by their fruit, or their lives will be blessed and such.
I agree to a certain extent... you also have the prosperity preachers who some will assume that "their fruits" (mainly materialistic things of the world) are the fruits that they are producing which are a result from believing in God. Some are legit however some are from mans desires and their own perception of what "fruits" are, and not God. Imo we have to be careful of this kind of manipulation (from the enemy).

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever." - 1 John 2:15-17.

But I do understand what you mean sister, the believers who walk consistently and obediently in Gods Word will reap His fruit, and not fruit of the world.

"He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world." - John 8:23.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever." - 1 John 2:15-17.
This goes with your scripture.
See God is Love
We love God and People and the things of God But we Can Enjoy the other things. Now I ain't talken about sin.

1 Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy

Biblical prosperity is made up of many pieces and yes finances is included but Not the Whole.
Blessings
FCJ

We all have faults. We're all hardwired to have faults, as we were all born under the hand of sin (Adam & Eve), the only faultless person that ever walked the earth is Jesus.
And yet we are to continue walking forward being perfected unto His glory. We can get there but most never reach it because they lack the discipline it takes.
Blessings

I agree to a certain extent... you also have the prosperity preachers who some will assume that "their fruits" (mainly materialistic things of the world) are the fruits that they are producing which are a result from believing in God. Some are legit however some are from mans desires and their own perception of what "fruits" are, and not God. Imo we have to be careful of this kind of manipulation (from the enemy).

But I do understand what you mean sister, the believers who walk consistently and obediently in Gods Word will reap His fruit, and not fruit of the world.

"He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world." - John 8:23.

I can agree with you that no one should have any pride what-so-ever (for God never is prideful, it is of the devil), especially in possessions. For true Biblical prosperity is to be enjoyed, and given away (like Abraham). God wants us all to be blessed in every which way. We as believers should be able to brag on what God gives us. It's putting the bragging on God and not on ourselves.

Believers who think that being poor is humble...are living in a false humility (Colossians 2:18, 20-23) For true Biblical humility is allowing God to be one's source of everything and allowing Him to bless us (which pleases Him Ps 35:27).

Colossians 2:18a
Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial.....

Col 2:20 — Col 2:23
You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as, “Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”? Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them. These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires.

Psa 112:1 — Psa 112:10

112 Praise ye the Lord.
Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord,
that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
His seed shall be mighty upon earth:
the generation of the upright shall be blessed.
Wealth and riches shall be in his house:
and his righteousness endureth for ever.
Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness:
he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.
A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth:
he will guide his affairs with discretion.
Surely he shall not be moved for ever:
the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.
He shall not be afraid of evil tidings:
his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.
His heart is established, he shall not be afraid,
until he see his desire upon his enemies.
He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor;
his righteousness endureth for ever;
his horn shall be exalted with honour.
The wicked shall see it, and be grieved;
he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away:
the desire of the wicked shall perish.

Blessings :)

I can agree with you that no one should have any pride what-so-ever (for God never is prideful, it is of the devil), especially in possessions. For true Biblical prosperity is to be enjoyed, and given away (like Abraham). God wants us all to be blessed in every which way. We as believers should be able to brag on what God gives us. It's putting the bragging on God and not on ourselves.

Believers who think that being poor is humble...are living in a false humility (Colossians 2:18, 20-23) For true Biblical humility is allowing God to be one's source of everything and allowing Him to bless us (which pleases Him Ps 35:27).

You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as, “Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”? Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them. These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires.

112 Praise ye the Lord.

There is a difference between true Biblical prosperity and being greedy. For the root of all evil is not money itself, but the love of money, or the trust in money instead of God.

Ephesians 5:5
You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

Colossians 3:5
So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

See the problem there is one could only look through the natural eye. We can not know what so ever what is really going on the inside of a person.

Now then God may have a different of opinion in this for He knows our hearts and motives and things other people could not possibly know.

Blessings
He doesn't I'm sure, my brother is a faithful,faithfillled person...much better than I am and he knows his heart.

112 Praise ye the Lord.

But like I said not every person was blessed to live like David and Solomon. It takes a humble person to live among the poor like mother Teresa did, surely there was some value In that. Imo, I think there is no humility in getting everything you want, that only builds pride-- and god knows that. If we got what we want when we want by the hour, that isnt good. It doesn't allow us to develop any other quality characteristic-- patientence , being one example.

But like I said not every person was blessed to live like David and Solomon. It takes a humble person to live among the poor like mother Teresa did, surely there was some value In that. Imo, I think there is no humility in getting everything you want, that only builds pride-- and god knows that. If we got what we want when we want by the hour, that isnt good. It doesn't allow us to develop any other quality characteristic-- patientence , being one example.

In reality sister, there is hardly a law of God that David did not break. He coveted another mans wife, he lied, he stole, he committed adultery, he committed murder and the list goes on and on.

Then actually Solomon had 300 women in a harem and married a woman who eventually brought idolatry and false religion to Israel.

To be totally honest, being humble and sincere are wonderful attributes but neither of them have anything to do with salvation. Mother Teresa did good things because she was led to do so and did them well. But those works had nothing to do with salvation.

Jim.
Your post touches on something I have been thinking about for a while.

Its kinda sad how the church corrals the idea of "sin" - error or missing the

Yep - and the forum ate it all....

Here's the thing.... I think we do the concept of "sin" great disservice by embracing the Greek concept of sin = moral failure rather than taking the biblical perspective of sin = missing God's plan if that makes sense.

For example - a manager sitting on his hands and simply failing to hire a needed employee... No prima facia moral failure..... But this "mistake" can have huge consequences to the fellow who is crying out to God in his closet because his plant closed up and there's just no job for him. And it can have huge consequences to the team who have to slave away and never see their families because somebody is trying to look like a hero because of a misguided notion of "success".....

See... This simple "error" can have hugely far more reaching consequences than the manager drinking alcohol after work...... And yet the church frames the drink as sin but the failure to hire the fellow - well, that's just a business decision....

Yep - and the forum ate it all....

Here's the thing.... I think we do the concept of "sin" great disservice by embracing the Greek concept of sin = moral failure rather than taking the biblical perspective of sin = missing God's plan if that makes sense.

For example - a manager sitting on his hands and simply failing to hire a needed employee... No prima facia moral failure..... But this "mistake" can have huge consequences to the fellow who is crying out to God in his closet because his plant closed up and there's just no job for him. And it can have huge consequences to the team who have to slave away and never see their families because somebody is trying to look like a hero because of a misguided notion of "success".....

See... This simple "error" can have hugely far more reaching consequences than the manager drinking alcohol after work...... And yet the church frames the drink as sin but the failure to hire the fellow - well, that's just a business decision....

Lol been there before brother.

I agree if the church got back to the basics and I mean what Jesus taught along the original meaning then we would have a completely different body of Christ walking around.

People like to compare sin as in a rate a sin scale and that's not what Jesus taught.
Example .... brother church guy walked by the guy digging in the dumpster for cans and bottles to take back to the store for 10 cents a piece so he can supply some of the things his family desperately needs.

Now good old church Joe walks by and calls the guy a bum and puts him down and goes and complains his 50 dollar steak was not as good as it should be.

Sister Jill was asked why she goes out and drinks with the girls and flirts and answers hey at least I am not doing drugs like sister Lisa and cheating on my husband.

Blessings
Jim

Back