Attacked in a Dream

Just two examples

Not Spiritual

I now live in the area I grew up in but at the time I had this dream I had no idea I would be back here

I dreamt that I was standing at the bus stop which is almost opposite the house I live in now. It was going dark and I couldn't see very well. I was thinking, in my dream, 'why am I stood here? I don't even know where the bus goes, or what number it will.' Ii waited for ages before it came. I got on the bus and at first it went the old way but turned off, drove up a very steep hill and I didn't have a clue where I was.
End of dream. It all came true.

Spiritual
I had this dream years ago i wasn't even living in this country and didn't even think i would ever return
The dream.
Again i was back at the same area I now live in
I was walking along a road just around the corner and I a brilliant blue cross in the sky. I started to walk faster to teach where it was. It was in the direction of the church I used to attend years ago. I thought The Litd was telling me to go there so if I went. When I got there I looked up to the sky, the cross had gone.
There are 3 churches along there and I started to run to the next one but it was closed, I began running to the next one, but somehow I knew it would be closed. I looked up and saw a massive click it was 5 minutes to midnight and I knew I had to find one before the click struck 12. I was frantic running backward and forward looking for 'the right church and one that was open.'
End of dream
I have been looking for a good church for a long time. I've walked backward and forward and all over the place. I decided to give one a go on that road. Guess what, they were all closed, due to covid.
ahh, I see,
The “ running out of time” Spiritual one about your current desires with clear symbolism is more. Important 😊

thanks cosia

Sounds like your boss may have a sense of humor. :D I'm sure you do an excellent job at work.

Now dreaming about your boss might be a different story.
My new boss is a little odd. He is the interim chief auditor, so he spends most of his time freaking out and wondering if he will eventually be hired as the actual chief auditor. We do; however, have a good relationship.

Ray

***SOME GRAPHIC DETAILS BELOW ABOUT MY DREAM. DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW***

I had the worst dream of my life last night. I feel it’s important to share the details to get it off my chest and so people understand the absolute fear, pain, and hopelessness of my dream. If mods disagree, please feel free to edit or delete my post.

I dreamt I was in hell being tormented by three demons. No matter how much I tried to fight them, I couldn’t do anything. They laughed at me, mocked me, and told me all of the horrible tortures they were going to do to me. At one point, I managed to run away but the littlest one quickly caught me and overpowered me even though I’m a big guy. I was tied to a dentist chair with dirty water dripping on me as they pulled my teeth out one at a time. They eventually decided to rip my whole lower jaw out and proceeded to cut open my torso with a scalpel from chest to abdomen. They laughed at my pain and informed me I’d be put back together again after they rip me apart piece by piece. After being put back together again, they would rip me to pieces again in a never ending cycle.

I have vivid dreams and this felt so real, I was convinced I may have died in my sleep and was doomed. When I woke up, I immediately prayed profusely and read John chapter 1 as that is what my Bible app was on when I started it up.

I’ve had dreams where I felt I was under spiritual attack before but this felt on a whole other level. Has anyone ever experienced one this intense? Also, I would greatly appreciate some prayer!
I used to have many dreams where I was attacked, first I'll make the distinction between a normal dream, a nightmare and then there's the spiritual attack dream. The last kind have a very real and definite evil presence about them and the intention is always to cause fear/terror. Once I had a solid understanding of who I am in Christ and the fact that I can cast these things away by His Mighty name all fear left. There have been a few attempts since but I call on Jesus even in those dreams and I awake and the evil immediately leaves.

That being said, I will say this- those things happened many years ago now and I was in habitual sin, thinking I could have one foot in the world and one foot after Christ. I was most definitely leaving myself open for attack and not pleasing God. As I grew in Christ He gave me greater understanding and growth and I do not remain in those habitual sins anymore.

I don't know your circumstances but make sure you are walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh.
May the peace of Jesus be with you.

***SOME GRAPHIC DETAILS BELOW ABOUT MY DREAM. DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW***

I had the worst dream of my life last night. I feel it’s important to share the details to get it off my chest and so people understand the absolute fear, pain, and hopelessness of my dream. If mods disagree, please feel free to edit or delete my post.

I dreamt I was in hell being tormented by three demons. No matter how much I tried to fight them, I couldn’t do anything. They laughed at me, mocked me, and told me all of the horrible tortures they were going to do to me. At one point, I managed to run away but the littlest one quickly caught me and overpowered me even though I’m a big guy. I was tied to a dentist chair with dirty water dripping on me as they pulled my teeth out one at a time. They eventually decided to rip my whole lower jaw out and proceeded to cut open my torso with a scalpel from chest to abdomen. They laughed at my pain and informed me I’d be put back together again after they rip me apart piece by piece. After being put back together again, they would rip me to pieces again in a never ending cycle.

I have vivid dreams and this felt so real, I was convinced I may have died in my sleep and was doomed. When I woke up, I immediately prayed profusely and read John chapter 1 as that is what my Bible app was on when I started it up.

I’ve had dreams where I felt I was under spiritual attack before but this felt on a whole other level. Has anyone ever experienced one this intense? Also, I would greatly appreciate some prayer!

Hi Skipper

God speaks to us through our minds and He can decide to speak to us in our dreams and also give us visions. Unfortunately, the devil can also do the same. He has the ability to attack our conscious, subconscious and unconscious mind.

The closer we get to God and decide to leave our sinful lifestyle, the more the devil attacks us.

The devil tries to thwart all attempts to bring us closer to God. It is like when you decide to pray more and decide to pray at a certain time every day. All of sudden when you about to start to pray the phone will ring or your pet will make a mess or your neighbor’s dogs will start barking.

The devil tries to overthrow our progress and he becomes angry when we gain victory. The devil is compared to a dragon and is full of wrath in Revelation 12.

You said that you are reading the bible more. The devil is definitely not happy about this. He is losing his grasp on you and he is angry. Since he has been unsuccessful in stopping you from reading the bible, he has decided to torment you.

Personal experience

I have been slowly gaining victory over sin and now I am experiencing the problem of committing my past sins in my dreams. I suspect that it is an attempt of the devil to cause me to remember those sins and entice me back into those sins again. There has also been an increase in nightmares, but they are nothing like what you are experiencing. (They are just weird, confusing, and disturbing, but no demons or hell involved).

I made a decision some time ago to eat healthier and take care of my body (I used to be addicted to chocolate and ate chocolate every day). Now that I have overcome my addiction, I have a problem of dreaming of eating chocolate and other unhealthy food that I no longer eat. I never ever dreamt of chocolate when I was addicted to it and I never dreamt about committing certain sins, when I still had the problem of committing them.

The only solution to these dream problems is prayer. I have to pray every night against these dreams before going to bed. I also pray if I wake up in the middle of the night. Praying against these dreams is now part of my daily lifestyle and prayer has helped me. If I do not pray or forget, they come back.

This is the prayer that I pray in addition to my other prayers.

Heavenly Father, may You please block the devil from entering my conscious, subconscious and unconscious of my mind, will and emotions. I pray that you block any dreams that are not of you.
In Jesus name, Amen

A short simple pray. It works every time for me. Maybe it will work for you.

Back