Attacked in a Dream

there are Godly visions some come to past some are in the distance . i have no doubt to some degree the devil will use wild dreams . that is the warfare. but i do not think HE THE devil can cause the bad dreams. i dont think anyone can explain all the bad dreams. but some are created due to our activates a seed has to be planted in our mind. kids have bad dreams due to abuse experienced or seen
There is logic in that. In 42 years of law enforcement, I have seen some really ugly things. To the best of my recollection, none have resulted in "bad dreams." I no not want to jinx by self, but if I have ever had a bad dream, I must have move on cause I do not recall one.

Rtm

There is logic in that. In 42 years of law enforcement, I have seen some really ugly things. To the best of my recollection, none have resulted in "bad dreams." I no not want to jinx by self, but if I have ever had a bad dream, I must have move on cause I do not recall one.

Rtm
we keep kids on the weekend the dad was very abusive towards the mom. they would wake up at night from nightmares. i can handle many things to some degree .but anything with children . bothers me i a m friends with our county coroner. i told him at the gym several years ago. he was good man and had no idea how he handled all the yuck he sees . nor do i envy the state patrol or county law .im sure in the bigger cities th city law sees bad stuff to

Thats terrible, I don't like going to dentists under normal circumstances, but to dream about them is a nightmare.
Are your teeth alright?

That's is an interesting question.

I would wake up feeling good and then move one. If one has a divine origin, then the other could be un-divine origins, right?

Well Ray, you have posed "the" question.

How should Christians view their dreams? Did they come from God? Was God trying to tell us something??? How do we know if the dream was in fact from God?

If we are Bible believing Christians we should know that Today, God speaks to us through the Bible., the written Word of God.

Hebrews 1:1-2.......
"God, who at various times and in different ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days [today] spoken to us by His Son."

The Lord Jesus Christ is the living Word of God, and the Bible is the Word of God in written form. God the Father gave it to Christ. Christ, in turn, inspired both the prophets and the apostles, and they preserved it for us.

Colossians 1:16 then says that...........
"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him".

So then by that definition, the Bible, ALL of it was produced by the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Father's will, commandments, and specific promises are revealed to us in the Holy Scriptures. God, then, is actually speaking to us through His Word, the Bible.

Just as you just asked about the origin of a dream, we are warned in 1 John 4:1 to......
"test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world".

Jude also warns us that sometimes false ministers use dreams and visions to deceive God's people and create a following for themselves in Jude 8........"Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. "

Deut. 13:1-5.............
"If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him."

Rtm

You know......I have had some of the worst dreams you can thi9nk of.......but 5 minutes later I can not remember a single one of them.

I'm a light sleeper, but it has been quite some time since I had a bad dream that I can remember. I had one dream several years ago now that I woke up from and asked God's forgiveness. I found myself indulging in a situation that was totally disagreeable. I asked immediately for God to remove such thoughts and to cleanse me.

We can't control our dreams, but I also want to be sure that God is by my side at all times especially when I am most vulnerable.

Thats terrible, I don't like going to dentists under normal circumstances, but to dream about them is a nightmare.
Are your teeth alright?
It's hard to know who you are talking to, Lanolin. I too have a great fear of dentists. I am starting to get what I think is a cavity so I fear that I will not be able to put that off too long.

Rtm

You know......I have had some of the worst dreams you can thi9nk of.......but 5 minutes later I can not remember a single one of them.
I remember some, but not all of them. On occasions, I do get a little upset when I wake up in the middle of a good dream and can't go back.

A couple of months ago, I had a dream that I had returned to my old job as a retiree hire. I was back at HQ and was being taken around to greet both those that were still there (when I retired) and those that were new. It was enjoyable, but I woke up just before making it to the Chief of Staff's office.

I remember some, but not all of them. On occasions, I do get a little upset when I wake up in the middle of a good dream and can't go back.

A couple of months ago, I had a dream that I had returned to my old job as a retiree hire. I was back at HQ and was being taken around to greet both those that were still there (when I retired) and those that were new. It was enjoyable, but I woke up just before making it to the Chief of Staff's office.

Honestly......I do not remember one single dream that I have ever had.

I have had several dreams thay have come true some spiritual and some not.
If they play on my mind they usually cone true.

I'm a light sleeper, but it has been quite some time since I had a bad dream that I can remember. I had one dream several years ago now that I woke up from and asked God's forgiveness. I found myself indulging in a situation that was totally disagreeable. I asked immediately for God to remove such thoughts and to cleanse me.

We can't control our dreams, but I also want to be sure that God is by my side at all times especially when I am most vulnerable.
agreed i been there

I’ve had dreams where I felt I was under spiritual attack before but this felt on a whole other level. Has anyone ever experienced one this intense?

Yes. A few times... during the last time it happened, In the dream, I simply began to recite Psalm 23, and the evil went away, and I immediately woke up. (in my personal opinion it's another example of a kind of spiritual warfare.)

1 The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
[Psa 23:1-6 KJV]

Hi cosia..
What do you mean that some are spiritual and some are not?
Just two examples

Not Spiritual

I now live in the area I grew up in but at the time I had this dream I had no idea I would be back here

I dreamt that I was standing at the bus stop which is almost opposite the house I live in now. It was going dark and I couldn't see very well. I was thinking, in my dream, 'why am I stood here? I don't even know where the bus goes, or what number it will.' Ii waited for ages before it came. I got on the bus and at first it went the old way but turned off, drove up a very steep hill and I didn't have a clue where I was.
End of dream. It all came true.

Spiritual
I had this dream years ago i wasn't even living in this country and didn't even think i would ever return
The dream.
Again i was back at the same area I now live in
I was walking along a road just around the corner and I a brilliant blue cross in the sky. I started to walk faster to teach where it was. It was in the direction of the church I used to attend years ago. I thought The Litd was telling me to go there so if I went. When I got there I looked up to the sky, the cross had gone.
There are 3 churches along there and I started to run to the next one but it was closed, I began running to the next one, but somehow I knew it would be closed. I looked up and saw a massive click it was 5 minutes to midnight and I knew I had to find one before the click struck 12. I was frantic running backward and forward looking for 'the right church and one that was open.'
End of dream
I have been looking for a good church for a long time. I've walked backward and forward and all over the place. I decided to give one a go on that road. Guess what, they were all closed, due to covid.

Back