Automatic Promises and life is fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim.....don't you think that your comment is rather condescending and smacks of an "Elitist" attitude?

I mean it is YOUR thread and if WE hang around it, WE might learn something????

I say "WE" because KingJ's thinking my not be YOUR thinking but is his or any one else's any less important than is yours?

God bless you Jim, because I know you mean well.

Brother i think you are twisting this way out of context. What would you have said if i said you might catch a fish or you might figure it out or you might enjoy the show ? There was nothing mean or rude in this. I apoligise if you think different.

God Bless You Major -

Good stuff to be sure.

However the verses you posted are not about physical healing at all and therefore do not apply.

Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)
"But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

1 Peter 2:24 (KJV).....
"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Josh McDowell in his book: "The Evidence Demands A Verdict", says .............
In a courtroom, evidence is what can be proven. It involves facts visible to a jury. In other words, evidence only involves things that can be seen or demonstrated. How then can faith involve evidence that is invisiblenot seen?

Faith involves evidence in the following way. Real faith, in any promise made by God, is actually the evidence. It is the belief that is the evidence. If God promises to do something, it is impossible for Him to lie (Heb. 6:18). Your evidence that He will perform it is the very unwavering faith that you hold. Do you understand this? Remember, Hebrews 11:1 said, “faith isthe evidence.” If you have true Christian faith, you do not need to search for the evidence—you already possess it!

The biblical definition of faith, says that faith is a doctrine. Heb. 6:1.....
“The principles of the doctrine of Christ…of faith toward God…”.

Faith is always exercised toward God, but it is Christ who makes this possible.
Almost everyone believes that faith involves feelings. But physical feelings merely come from the human senses and have nothing whatsoever to do with what God promises—or faith!

Human beings accept knowledge that they have received through the five senses—seeing, hearing, smelling, touching and tasting. These senses all involve physical information—physical knowledge. The mind receives and processes this information in order to draw conclusions about circumstances, things and events taking place around it. Faith is spiritual, not physical. It is a confident assurance, which comes from the Spirit of God in the mind of a converted human being.

2 Corth. 5:7 tells us that .........
“For we walk by faith, not by sight”.

Therefore, practicing true faith means learning to disregard what you see and want to think. Literally, sight does not count in relation to what God has promised to do or when He will do it.

This verse reveals that Christians do not walk by what they see but by every word that comes from God!
Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back