Back To Basics Is Needed In The Body Of Christ

just an aside-
If you love reading the Bible, love God's word, then you wouldn't be offended when told to read it. It's not meant to be a chastisement but an encouragement. It is a pleasure to read His word, not a chore. It's God's love letter to us...so..not sure why christians would think it boring or want to argue over it.

just an aside-
If you love reading the Bible, love God's word, then you wouldn't be offended when told to read it. It's not meant to be a chastisement but an encouragement. It is a pleasure to read His word, not a chore. It's God's love letter to us...so..not sure why christians would think it boring or want to argue over it.
It's the number 1 best selling/free book in the world. I love to read it over and over. Every time I read it , it has a new and wonderful meaning. Thank YOU Jesus. :)

yes I understand..when you a newbie it seems anybody who quotes scripture is more mature and should know more than you.
That is why reading the Bible is so important, the first thing a new christian ought to do- read the Bible. I still don't get why some people are offended when I tell them to read it. You got to read the whole thing, not just bits here and there. Even more mature christians still need to read the Bible..at least three times through and through! Even Bible college and books about the Bible is no subsitute for personal prayerful study and time with God asking His wisdom.

Lanolin my dear sweet sister,
You are so right there ! Even pilots have to go back and go through the basics of things every so often even as they learn new thngs. It is easy to forget things some times. My Pastor once told me that while he was in prayer God told him that the reason he was struggling with this one thing was because he was trying to do it from memory. God told him that he was using yesterdays revelation of His word and he needs to keep the word that he is using or quoting going into his eyes even as he already knows it.

God told him it is like eating food. You eat today but yesterdays memory of the food wont feed you today. God told him His word was meant to be chewed on every single day and more directly the scriptures that you are standing on need to be read even as you are standing on them. This changed my life for the better.

So like you say Lanolin,,,,,,,,,,READ THE BIBLE or the written word of God every single day and your notes too ! :)
Jim

Lanolin my dear sweet sister,
You are so right there ! Even pilots have to go back and go through the basics of things every so often even as they learn new thngs. It is easy to forget things some times. My Pastor once told me that while he was in prayer God told him that the reason he was struggling with this one thing was because he was trying to do it from memory. God told him that he was using yesterdays revelation of His word and he needs to keep the word that he is using or quoting going into his eyes even as he already knows it.

God told him it is like eating food. You eat today but yesterdays memory of the food wont feed you today. God told him His word was meant to be chewed on every single day and more directly the scriptures that you are standing on need to be read even as you are standing on them. This changed my life for the better.

So like you say Lanolin,,,,,,,,,,READ THE BIBLE or the written word of God every single day and your notes too ! :)
Jim
BINGO!

Amen Brother ! Where would we be without discernment ?
I went to a church for awhile and in fact it happened twice in two different churches a very long time ago. Any way when ever they prayed about something, the first person who walked through the door was their answer.

I almost became a bus driver going several towns over to recruit children to the church because the higher ups in another state said the numbers were off and needed to. Once I almost became a youth pastor. I prayed and new neither were what I was to do but out of pressure I considered them. Did not take long to know I needed to develope better discernment and He has done this for me. Thank You Jesus !!
When I was a very young believer I would hear certain preachers / teachers say something about the Bible, and sure enough what they were saying was right there in the Word of God, but in my heart something did not agree with what I was seeing in the Word of God. I would just discount that to my unrenewed mind, but it was coming from my heart not mind. It was not until later I learned you have to have all three witness to every truth in scriptures. The Father hast to have taught you it, the Word confirms it, and the Holy Spirit bears witness. Without these three things today I do not believe anything, even if it seems the Word says it. Error always come when we do not have the proper understanding of scripture. Our understanding of the Word of God can be wrong if we do not have all three witness's to every truth.

Last edited:
Back