Baptism - Private Or Part Of A Church Service?

I am only too aware of how others believe.

God will definitely hold unrighteousness against the unrighteous. If a person thinks he is saved by virtue of drops of water on his bald baby pate, he is wrong and is still in his sins. The word is clear about how we are saved.

There may be two or more understandings of baptism, but there is only one that the bible teaches---it is a symbol of our identification with Christ's death, burial and resurrection.
And that is only your opinion Euphemia. It's not fact. I don't enjoy haranguing you over and over on this point but you really need to learn that you don't have a monopoly on the truth. What you have is a faith, which is what everyone else has too. Your version of it doesn't trump others'.

And that is only your opinion Euphemia. It's not fact. I don't enjoy haranguing you over and over

Then don't. I am entitled to speak what the word of God reveals to me.

...on this point but you really need to learn that you don't have a monopoly on the truth. What you have is a faith, which is what everyone else has too. Your version of it doesn't trump others'.

I have learned that in spades, but the truth of the word is trump. You need to learn that.

I never claim my version or anyone else trumps yours. You have your understanding and everyone else has theirs. But you need to stop dismissing other people's - it's rude, and might well be incorrect.

I am not rude about it. You just don't like it and have been rude in your expression of that.

JMHO

Have a nice day!

somehow related to the topic....

who can baptize one.... bible verse?

Anyone who is a believer can baptize another. There is no scripture that restricts the baptizing of others to the clergy. As disciples of Jesus, we obey what He tells us all:

Matthew 28:19 (NLT)
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

It is passed down from the earlier scriptural writings, when women would go to the mikvah before marriage, after childbirth, etc. Many would take their friends and female family members, but that was just for friendship and companionship. Then, with regard to men who were engaged, and for other reasons to go to the mikvah, they could go alone or in a group of chosen males.

One also went to the mikvah upon taking on a different teacher, changing their name, after a long illness, after an important understanding of Scripture was fully accepted, etc.

Often, someone would accompany the one going in, in order to assure that the person dunked completely under, to the tips of the hair, but that was not commanded; it was, however, convenient. The command was not to have someone present but to just do it.

And the person who went into the mikvah said the words, not someone else. There was no one there to push them under; they dunked themselves.

Some churches like to make a difference between going to the mikvah and being baptized, but there is no difference, other than church tradition that has been added.

It is passed down from the earlier scriptural writings, when women would go to the mikvah before marriage, after childbirth, etc. Many would take their friends and female family members, but that was just for friendship and companionship. Then, with regard to men who were engaged, and for other reasons to go to the mikvah, they could go alone or in a group of chosen males.

One also went to the mikvah upon taking on a different teacher, changing their name, after a long illness, after an important understanding of Scripture was fully accepted, etc.

Often, someone would accompany the one going in, in order to assure that the person dunked completely under, to the tips of the hair, but that was not commanded; it was, however, convenient. The command was not to have someone present but to just do it.

And the person who went into the mikvah said the words, not someone else. There was no one there to push them under; they dunked themselves.

Some churches like to make a difference between going to the mikvah and being baptized, but there is no difference, other than church tradition that has been added.

Mikvah foreshadows water baptism, which is something we need to submit to another to do for us, according to the word. that is demonstrative of the fact that fellowship with the body of Christ is necessary. No man is to be a lone ranger. We are all members of the same body and we all need one another.

Anyone who is a believer can baptize another. There is no scripture that restricts the baptizing of others to the clergy. As disciples of Jesus, we obey what He tells us all:

Matthew 28:19 (NLT)
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Actually the teaching about baptism has been that any person can baptize (even an unbaptized person) if they have the right intention and do it in the style of the Trinity.

Trinitarian baptism is accepted by both the RCC and EOC. Their teachings on this matter have never differed.

Actually the teaching about baptism has been that any person can baptize (even an unbaptized person) if they have the right intention and do it in the style of the Trinity.

Trinitarian baptism is accepted by both the RCC and EOC. Their teachings on this matter have never differed.

I wouldn't want to be baptized by a person who was never baptized. We are told to be baptized, and so it would behoove us to submit to baptism by someone who has already come to that for himself or herself.

This is correct.
I was baptized by a Non-Denominational pastor when I was 13-years-old. When I was received into the Catholic Church in my adulthood, I wasn't considered as a Catechumen (someone who hasn't yet received baptism, confirmation, or first communion), I was considered as a Candidate (someone who has been baptized, but not yet confirmed or first communion). This is because the Church knows trinitarian baptism to remain valid by God, even if it is not done by a Catholic priest.

Back