Believe God. Or Religion You Choose.

Denadii Cho

Inactive
Believe God. Or Religion You Choose.

We choose daily and from minute to minute. Should I believe God? Or religion (religion being defined as mans attempt to reach God his own way)

Religion says: God makes you sick to teach you something.
God says: "By Jesus stripes you were healed.
1 Peter 2:24 (Young's Literal Translation)

24who our sins himself did bear in his body, upon the tree, that to the sins having died, to the righteousness we may live; by whose stripes ye were healed,

Religion says: Poverty is good for your spiritual growth.
God says: Jesus came that you might have life and that more and more abundantly.

John 10:10 (Amplified Bible)

10The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows).

Religion says: We cannot be perfect (clean, blameless, lacking nothing for completeness) until we get to Heaven
God says: Be perfect. Now.
Matthew 5:48 (King James Version)

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

That makes me think of the
British monarchy. They currently have Queen Elizabeth, but she became Queen
because her uncle abdicated the throne. He said he did not want to be king.
That is what we do when we listen to the lies of the enemy and follow him,
we tell God we don't want to be Princesses in THE KINGDOM and want to settle
for being scullery maids in the land of the devils. I finally learned to say
I'm not taking it any more, I am a child of the KING of the Universe and my
children are His, also! We are going to live our lives as His, after all, He
came so we might have life and that more abundant! Abundant life is NOT
listening to a man lie about and to me and believing him. When I believe
those lies do I pound the nails into Jesus' hands again and again?:eek:

I agree with alot of what you said, though the first I see a little differently. I don't think God makes you sick, I think you just get sick... But God uses that bad to make things better.

Like a cancer Patient for example: Yes, she has cancer and the doctor says she has like 2 months to live. It's terrible that she is going to die, but it starts to raise questions like, where will I go when I die, what will happen to me. Am I right with God, do I see him clearly.

When we get sick, we start to pay more attention to the things around us, each thing is distinct whereas, when we are better things seem to slid right on by.

So even though sickness is not a good thing, God makes it a good thing... Even if that person doesn't get better until they get to heaven.

They really get their eye's yanked open and finally start to see the real world.

I agree with alot of what you said, though the first I see a little differently. I don't think God makes you sick, I think you just get sick... But God uses that bad to make things better.

Like a cancer Patient for example: Yes, she has cancer and the doctor says she has like 2 months to live. It's terrible that she is going to die, but it starts to raise questions like, where will I go when I die, what will happen to me. Am I right with God, do I see him clearly.

When we get sick, we start to pay more attention to the things around us, each thing is distinct whereas, when we are better things seem to slid right on by.

So even though sickness is not a good thing, God makes it a good thing... Even if that person doesn't get better until they get to heaven.

They really get their eye's yanked open and finally start to see the real world.

Good reasoning my friend. But!!! Why does she HAVE to die? By Jesus' stripes she was healed! Her healing was given to here two thousand years ago. Its a done deal.

Alot of good words here.:)
We all will die unless Christ returns 1st.
We still live on a cursed earth as evidenced by sickness, diease and death and indeed we are apointed to die physically.
When we are born again we receive a new spirit.
Our minds are renewed by the Word through the Spirit.
Our bodies will be ressurected incorruptable on the day of judgment.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Do I think God makes us sick- no. Do I think He allows these trials and His promise to bring good out of every circumstance- absolutely.

DC the word perfect in Matthew 5:48 means mature and complete and not completely perfect as the text might suggest. There is only one part of us that may know no sin and that is our recreated spirit.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

DC the word perfect in Matthew 5:48 means mature and complete and not completely perfect as the text might suggest. There is only one part of us that may know no sin and that is our recreated spirit.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Ok Being totally 'fessed up, walking in Love, obedient to all God asks us to do. Giving no ground to the enemy, but walking in the Spirit... Is that not being perfect? Its hard to walk in the light and harbor sin too. You know that by experience

Ok Being totally 'fessed up, walking in Love, obedient to all God asks us to do. Giving no ground to the enemy, but walking in the Spirit... Is that not being perfect? Its hard to walk in the light and harbor sin too. You know that by experience

My opinion (and only my opinion) we are spiritually created in God's image but until the mind is totally renewed, completely submitted to the Spirit I do not think we could be perfect by any stretch of the word.

From the Strong's Exhuastive Concordance of the Bible:
G5046
τέλειος
teleios
tel'-i-os
From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

Mat 5:48BeG2071yeG5210thereforeG3767perfect,G5046even asG5618yourG5216FatherG3962whichG3588is inG1722heavenG3772isG2076perfect.G5046

his strips healed us of spiritual sin.
if we die from cancer yet we're healed spiritually we are saved
if we have cancer but are not healed spiritually then we're not saved at the moment we die, unless we get healed spiritually of our sins.

being healthy physically < being healthy spiritually (i hope that's the right sign xD what I mean is being healthy physically is not as important as spiritually)

Cho's point is that religion has deceived our minds much and he's right.

btw Cho the verses you chose do not justify your words.
I understand what you're trying to say but you're twisting the meaning of some scripture.

Dodson we're called to be holy and perfect. that is, pleasing to the LORD.

I am not sure about this but I believe that having life and more abundantly has to do with the resurrection of the dead. that we may have the real life then.
would make more sense than having life here on earth because I'd rather be with Jesus and have life there than have life on earth.

Abundant life is life in the Spirit.:)

Salvation = deliverance= newness of life now. Eternal life has already begun for us.
God truly loves to bless His kids as they move in the Spirit but of course the flesh He will not abide or bless.

if we have cancer but are not healed spiritually then we're not saved at the moment we die, unless we get healed spiritually of our sins.

being healthy physically < being healthy spiritually (i hope that's the right sign xD what I mean is being healthy physically is not as important as spiritually)

Ramsey The bible does not say that we are healed ONLY spiritually It says we are HEALED. It does not leave any kind of healing out.

then why assume it's physical when the whole verse is talking about Sin before getting to "By whose stripes ye were healed" ?
the one in Peter and the one in Isaiah also.

Cho's point is that religion has deceived our minds much and he's right.

btw Cho the verses you chose do not justify your words.
I understand what you're trying to say but you're twisting the meaning of some scripture.

Dodson we're called to be holy and perfect. that is, pleasing to the LORD.

Ok Ramsey. If I'm misquoting I need some teaching. :) Your turn to teach and my turn to listen. :):)

I can see where you are going with this , Rams . But if we are sick physically why do you not think that He cannot heal because He said He would heal all our diseases .

Matthew 4:24
News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them.

Matthew 8:17
This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases."

Mark 1:34
and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was.

If He healed over 200 yrs ago , why wouldn't He still do it today and didn't He say that He is the same yesterday , today and forever.?

does anyone here understand that I am talking about 1 Peter 2:24 ..

my friends I believe in healings, I Know God heals!
even in the OT God said those who follow Him He will protect against such diseases.

I am talking about 1 Peter 2:24. let's not twist scripture.

and this also Isaiah 53:5

Back