Believing in Jesus alone does not get you into heaven?

Amen , Mellow .... a renewal of mind., and like C. C. says one can call themselves a Christian and do all the right things but not dispay any fruit of the Spirit . By their fruits you shall know them. It is a daily inpouring into the Word , prayer and walking with Christ. and letting the Holy Spirit pour into our lives. , so that we can minister into others lives. Without that like you said faith is dead and so are good works.

Amen Mom- without faith it is impossible to please God. Works are the children of faith and not vice-verse.
A branch may bear fruit only as it abides in the Vine. Without the life of the vine flowing into it that branch is dead and dry indeed.

Amen , Mellow .... a renewal of mind., and like C. C. says one can call themselves a Christian and do all the right things but not dispay any fruit of the Spirit . By their fruits you shall know them. It is a daily inpouring into the Word , prayer and walking with Christ. and letting the Holy Spirit pour into our lives. , so that we can minister into others lives. Without that like you said faith is dead and so are good works.

Dusty, you are very correct. One can do all the right things and right decisions in life. Be prosperious too. But without grace, and Jesus like qualities or better said fruit of the Spirit, there isn't any love the kind that makes a person really sparkle. :D

To avoid confusion the Holy Spirit included this multiple times, whenever God repeats Himself He really wants to get a point across:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

So let us let the " Fruit Inspector " inspect our fruit.

John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

John 15:4
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness

Colossians 1:10
And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

James 3:17
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

So let us let the " Fruit Inspector " inspect our fruit.

John 15:4
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Thank you for supporting my position with scripture Mom!:D:D:D

BTW- the fruit is not what saves you, the shed blood of Christ and the imputed righteousness of Christ do that.
The fruit is a by product of abiding in the vine and as you abide in Christ the fruit which is not work but the manifestation of the very characteristics of Christ Himself.:)

BTW- the fruit is not what saves you, the shed blood of Christ and the imputed righteousness of Christ do that.
The fruit is a by product of abiding in the vine and as you abide in Christ the fruit which is not work but the manifestation of the very characteristics of Christ Himself.:)

Exactly .... Amen and amen son.

You are saved through faith in Christ. But that's not to say that works don't matter. Works are the fruit of faith, and if the faith produces no works, the faith is dead. How can you have strong faith but not show it? Check out James 2 verses 14-26.

14What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
16and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
17Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
18But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."
19You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
20But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
22You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;
23and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS," and he was called the friend of God.
24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
25In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Another thing. If someone doesn't know Jesus, never heard of Him, that person is saved by what is in his heart and his good deeds.

But if you know about Jesus and if you do not acknowledge Him or give Jesus a chance, you will not get into heaven.

Amen my Son. We have to put the horse before the cart.

Jesus says ... " you must be born again "

Another thing. If someone doesn't know Jesus, never heard of Him, that person is saved by what is in his heart and his good deeds.

But if you know about Jesus and if you do not acknowledge Him or give Jesus a chance, you will not get into heaven.

Mellow those are good observations but we need to accept Christ into our heart and be born again before we can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

John 3:3
In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Good deeds will not save you Mellow only Christ can do that.:)

[B said:
Mellow[/B]]

... If someone doesn't know Jesus, never heard of Him, that person is saved by what is in his heart and his good deeds.

The question, "What about the man or woman who never heard the name of Jesus?" is a stumbling block for so many, but it shouldn't be.

Jesus is God incarnate.
If there is some hidden or nomadic tribe that has not been discovered and has never seen a missionary come to preach the name of Jesus, God will take home those who are His.

The saved will feel a longing for God even tho they don't know what this longing is, they will hear Jesus call to them from within. And even without having a human being tell them a name to use, they will answer the call.

But, those who are perishing, will ignore God.

What may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Romans1

"Jesus" is not some magical word.
Revelation 19: And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written that no man knew, but he himself.

Believing in his name, means believing in all that Jesus did, taught and IS.

It is believing in the sacrifice on the cross and accepting the grace offered to us - repenting of our sins and living for God.

Our salvation is not dependent upon our physical sense of hearing - nor our ability to speak certain words.

If someone has never heard the name "Jesus" they can still call upon God - Jesus is God! It was thru Christ Jesus that God reconciled us back to Himself.

There is no magically word nor incantation. There is only God. And God is more than enough.

Ginger

In Luke, I believe, it's written that those who did not hear this message and do not know about it will be beaten with a few stripes. I'm not sure what that means too much, maybe those that never heard about Jesus will be beaten a bit only. I don't know :S

I am confident of this one thing- God is loving and merciful and will not miss a single heart that would have Him. He is not weak or impotent, souls will not perish because He wasn't able to reach them in time. There was a time when Paul the Apostle wanted to preach in Asia and the Holy Spirit constrained Him as it was not God's timing yet. The Lord did not forget those people as the Word of God arrived there later and with great power.
I simply have to trust that He knows best.
Has anyone heard this before- a tribe in the Amazon was discovered by missionaries. The preached the gospel and told them of Jesus. The people gladly received and thanked them saying- we have always known there was one true God, thank you for telling us His Name. God is reaching souls in surprising places. His arm is to never to short and He is never to little or to late.

- a tribe in the Amazon was discovered by missionaries. The preached the gospel and told them of Jesus. The people gladly received and thanked them saying- we have always known there was one true God, thank you for telling us His Name. God is reaching souls in surprising places. His arm is to never to short and He is never to little or to late.

Great example of how reaches His people regardless of human and earthly limitations.

Yes , I heard of that tribe as well. Praise God . I think in the back of every one's mind they know there is a creator.

I simply have to trust that He knows best.
Has anyone heard this before- a tribe in the Amazon was discovered by missionaries. The preached the gospel and told them of Jesus. The people gladly received and thanked them saying- we have always known there was one true God, thank you for telling us His Name. God is reaching souls in surprising places. His arm is to never to short and He is never to little or to late.

The thing is, many know there is a higher power, but it's hard for them to imagine Him being bigger than the heavens themselves or being able to go anywhere He wish as a spirit. Many know there is a higher power but they do not want to believe that it's the One of the Scriptures (Bible). All because of the reputation of Christians in this world, most people are afraid of them in a way. But once they really hear the gospel, in its true form and message, many are really really intrigued and fascinated and Praise God for that :)

In my country no one is afraid of Christians, everyone knows them as normal people wearing a cross and going to church every few sundays, but no one preaches, they only become happy if someone converts from muslim to Christian, but they don't know why they're happy, they live normal human lives and not godly lives. Where the problem lies is as soon as you say evangelist to one of these professing Christians (name-only), they run away. Not knowing what itis, they just do not like them because their church leaders tell them to not go there because they brainwash others, now there's a big problem, but when one of them tries out a baptist or evanglistic church, they are interested in knowing more, and we must tell them quickly more information about Jesus, or else after a few days they will start hating again for no reason (satan is the reason though). I'm sure we've all seen it happen, how one gets close to Jesus then someone speaks somethin to them telling them they're brainwashing you, then the person doesn't want to speak to you again. It's up to God.

Back